Science Hill @ Knox Bearden

topvol98

Hilltoppers @ Bulldogs  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Hilltoppers @ Bulldogs

Outside of a minor grammatical error, the adjective dispose is wrong when used in the Bearden and DB game. A game that is played to a 0-0 tie with much of the games action not going beyond either teams 30 yard line is not disposing of either team. A botched snap on an extra point that a quarterback skirts into the end zone for 2 is not disposing either. I consend the argument, we all must move on with our lives.

Why doesn't Science Hill go outside of the area to play teams like William Blount or Oak Ridge, just wondering? I think it would benefit them come playoff time.

Granted, get back to your Science Hill and Bearden chat. I don't know where the Bearden fans are on here.

If you do have any questions about the Bulldogs though, feel free to ask. Some DB fans have actually seen them play and will give you whatever info you might seek.

Thank you for the grammar lesson but I always believed that the use of adjectives was in the eyes of the author.

You will have to ask the AD and football coach why they don't play teams that they will see in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs. As far as helping, I'm not sure it has helped anyone that has played those games the last couple of years.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to type this really slow for you and you can do me a favor by reading it at that speed. There are these new things called media, they usually include the raido, newspapers, television and sometimes the internet. Using these "medias" you can read and listen to sporting events that you can not attend or see. I listen to the Bearden Bulldogs dispose of db and I have read the reports and stats of their games. Doing these things gave me a good base to form an opnion based on facts. Only problem is without seeing the games it's difficult to have a good feel how they are getting these things accomplished. I know the lead the league in rushing defense but they have also been ahead big in most of their games (ie teams had to pass against them to get back in the game and the rushing yards might be skewed to show that). I listen to them beat db but that was before db unleashed their redshirt freshman on the weaker part of their schedule. I know your new to this but I'll do my best to dumb down my posts so that you can keep up. I was actually trying to have conversations about the Bearden-Science Hill game but forgot that now db is 500 that there championship march has started. I suggest you worry about Sevier Co and Nov.2 will be here soon enough.

Let see where do I start?

So you rely on "the media" to determine just how good or bad a team is? According to "stats"?

According to your stats how many super bowls has Dan Marino won?

Stats can be very misleading (not in this case, but in most), stats are for those that have never played for the love of the game. If you believe in stats so much go read what Comp has said on the South thread about South's D, just by reading his stats you would think South was 1 -4 or 0-5. STATS AND THE MEDIA don't play the games, so you can't just assume things by reading or listening to the radio. What you to cheap to go watch other teams play?

If you are worried about Bearden's defense( and you should be, they are outstanding) then you better not make statments about this game being for the conf. title. DB's def. stood toe to toe with them for 4 qtr.s holding YOUR predicted conf. champs out of the end zone.

BTW, you come over to the DB thread and posted about playing for the conf. championship this week that is why I came on here in the first place!

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you rely on "the media" to determine just how good or bad a team is? According to "stats"?

Stats can be very misleading (not in this case, but in most), stats are for those that have never played for the love of the game. If you believe in stats so much go read what Comp has said on the South thread about South's D, just by reading his stats you would think South was 1 -4 or 0-5. STATS AND THE MEDIA don't play the games, so you can't just assume things by reading or listening to the radio. What you to cheap to go watch other teams play?

If you are worried about Bearden's defense( and you should be, they are outstanding) then you better not make statments about this game being for the conf. title. DB's def. stood toe to toe with them for 4 qtr.s holding YOUR predicted conf. champs out of the end zone.

BTW, you come over to the DB thread and posted about playing for the conf. championship this week that is why I came on here in the first place!

If that's what gets you through the night.....you have a really warped senswe of reality there, I hope your day trips from the hospital are supervised. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I LIKE A COACH THAT WILL GAMBLE AND I HOPE COACH SMITH ROLLS THE DICE AND LETS HILL START AT QB. HAD WE WON THAT GAME NOBODY WOULD QUESTION ANY OF HIS DECISION AGAINST THE VIKINGS. DEFENSE PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT. THE DB'S NEED TO LEARN TO LOOK FOR THE BALL WHEN DEFENDING LONG PASSING ROUTES. AND IM NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT THE LAST PLAY OF THE GAME EITHER. MY THOUGHTS ARE IF DB BARELY BEAT TENN. HIGH AND BARELY LOST TO BEARDEN, AND THE HILL BARELY LOST TO TENN. HIGH THEN I CALL IT LIKE THIS. IF COACH SMITH USES THE RUN TO SET THE PASS UP, AND I KNOW OUR "D" WILL COME TO PLAY. "COACH RIDE YOUR HORSES" IF# 40 NEEDS A BREAK DON'T JUST GO TO THE AIR, USE THE BACKUPS, LINE UP IN THE I. I LOVE TRENT AS A FULL BACK. WE NEED TO ISOLATE #6 ON ONE SIDE OF THE FIELD W/ TRIPS OF THE OTHER SIDE AND GIVE HIM A CHANCE AT ONE ON ONE. I DO BELIEVE THE LOSS WILL BUILD GOOD CHARTER BEFORE PLAYOFFS. GOOD LUCK SCIENCE HILL AND COACH SMITH. SHOCK THE STATE

SCIENCE HILL 21

BEARDEN 20

DB has almost won several impressive games??¦but as the old saying goes ???almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades???! We have played both teams and although we lost to DB and beat the Hill??¦the Topper team the THS played was a much better team than the DB team that we played. The Toppers just have a bonehead for a coach. So if I were you I would do as the other DB posters are doing, and that is maintain a low profile till game week??¦or you could possibly be having a slice of humble pie along with an even bigger helping of Crow than you had to eat this past weekend!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I LIKE A COACH THAT WILL GAMBLE AND I HOPE COACH SMITH ROLLS THE DICE AND LETS HILL START AT QB.

SCIENCE HILL 21

BEARDEN 20

Everyone loves the backup and believe me, I do too, but the problem lies with who do you bring over to give the team that big play threat on the outside? If he's going to run some type of option and bring in a tightend, I'm all for it but your are going to have to let him roll out and give him a run/pass option. I beieve that would open up the backside drag and post routes. I think that the leash will be shorter in confrence games because there is no more room for slip ups.

#44 is Aaron Trent a 6'4 230 senior and #51 is Jeff Green a junior. Science Hill's whole defense is outstanding. 82 Bruce Crumley 50 Corey Hamilton 86 Zach Jordan 25 Caleb Mancuso 58 Will Rentel 1 Cory Brown 7 Javan Joslin 5 Isaac Kinley and 4 Matt Hayes. They aren't the largest team but they make up for it with speed and athletism. AND they have DEPTH. 9 Skylar Dejesus and 3 A.J. Hart at corners 45 Logan Honeycutt 33 Josh Lewis 21 Michael Sholes at linebackers. They are without a pivotal defensive player, ZACH COLLIE who was cut blocked by a cowardly Elizabethton player and has lost his junior season to a broken fibula. Our prayers are with him. #2 Tomas Hill has the speed and skill to play corner and #23 Corey Macpherson is an exceptionally fast sophomore who started a few games this year. Wes Forbush #18 is a safety who platoons with Joslin and would have started had Javan continued to play WR and OLB. But the senior moved to safety and had two GREAT picks against Morristown West in a shutout. The offense has talent but is not consistent. This defense is ready to face Bearden's Halliday #9 and the rest of the team because of the players they practice against daily. Facing talented offensive Players Ashlon Adams, Macpherson, Hill, Daniel Sharp, Armando Canepa, Phillip Denton, Larry Smith, Moses Green, Greyson Janeway, and Solomon Duanah, they are well versed in playing against speed. A 42-13 homecoming drubbing given to them by Bearden last year and a 9-7 set back by a missed field goal 2 years ago make the Toppers hungry to beat Bearden at home this week. This will be a very interesting conference game and could potentially be a preview of the conference champion. Look for a track meet or a very low scoring game. The Defense is ready but The O needs to produce. Give the Toppers the win because they WANT it. They NEED it. These are not John Bowles Hilltoppers. Something big is coming to Knoxville this week, and something big is going to happen in Johnson City for the next few years.

Sharp was 11-37 in the opening game loss against South and 11-32 in last weeks loss against Tennessee High. It's not a question of who starts at QB... but whether or not Duanah gets the carries that move the Science Hill offense. Everyone likes the pass but the run moves the sticks, runs the clock, and opens up the pass. Sharp AND Tomas Hill are both great athletes with pros and cons to each. Last year, there was a similar debate in whether to play A.J. Tucker or Tomas. Tucker won. Science Hill won games. Hill played safety. As a sophomore, Hill also played safety. Hill has the gametime experience. Sharp started at Daniel Boone last year. He has experience. Hill is a leading SH wideout. Having them on the field at the same time with Sharp at QB and Hill AT WR gives the Toppers an athletic package and an array of trick plays with two arms on the field. Give Duanah the ball and run play action passes from Sharp to Hill. Sharp to Hill is a big play sound that should be heard all over East Tennessee this year and Sharp to Kinley will be heard even more next year.