topvol98

Hilltoppers @ Bulldogs  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Hilltoppers @ Bulldogs

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please tell me if Trent played FB and if Hill was QB any?

I attended the game and can say pretty confidently that Trent didnt run any plays at full back and Hill ran two or three series at quarterback. Hill didn't complete a pass, lined up under center, and did not have a scamper on his feet.

All I have to say is, its either the quarterback or the coach. The spread is exactly what Science Hill needed to maximize the talent they usually have. Either the quarterback(s) can't get the ball to the receivers (which they can't do) or the play calling is just wrong.

I attended the game and can say pretty confidently that Trent didnt run any plays at full back and Hill ran two or three series at quarterback. Hill didn't complete a pass, lined up under center, and did not have a scamper on his feet.

All I have to say is, its either the quarterback or the coach. The spread is exactly what Science Hill needed to maximize the talent they usually have. Either the quarterback(s) can't get the ball to the receivers (which they can't do) or the play calling is just wrong.

I believe it's a little bit of both. I was at the game also and the 4th and 9 play somewhere around the 30 shape put it where adams can make a play and hill was wide open, result turn over on downs. IMO this coach is going to gamble, I like that, but he doesn't have the qb or wr to run his system. I believe we will make the playoffs and for the defense I hope he can put his pride aside and call plays that is best for the team. What happen to # 5 at RB? Any one know.

Hey, Bearden did their thing. 21-7. Sh D was playing very well and the team had a 7-6 halftime lead but the offense couldn't capitalize on it. They got the ball to start the 2nd half and could not score. Had it inside the redzone as a result of the kick return but could not score. The offense put up a goose egg. Zach Jordan returned a pick for science hill's only score. Torey Works did work in the second half and Bearden pounded the ball to win it. Fairly clean game. Thats two in a row SH has lost when they had the halftime lead. Solomon could have had more carries and the offense could have prevented more than a few dropped passes but give Bearden credit because they had a well executed game plan. By the way, i'm not going to let some loser whose high school years has passed question my credibility and whether or not I should be posting. Figure you'd have a job or something to do with your life besides dabble in high school sports that have forgotton you tv98. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

It's a team sport either it's we or nothing. If your who you say you are then it seems that you might be need to start thinking about why your out there. Instead of trying to critique what the offense is not doing maybe you should work (if you don't need the work, help your teammates) on their tackling because I lost count on how many times I saw a Topper defender either go for a tackle with their head down and Workd jump over them or sidstep them or wait for the runner to come to him and whiff. Unlike other games, I don't think either side of the ball won their matchups. Instead of pointing fingers at others maybe you need to ask yourself what am I doing to be the best teammate I can be and how can I help my team become better.

Yor a real funny KID....too bad your parents haven't tought you better manners. Before you start calling people names you might wanna know who your talking to and what they are capable of and that's just a life lesson that you might wanna learn along with never say something about another that your not willing to say in that persons face. I said you had no crediblity becasuse you said Daniel Sharp was a Great Athlete and while he may be a good kid and does the best he can but NO ONE including his daddy would say he's a great athlete. There were some other things that you spoke about without giving or knowing all the information but that was the one that was over the top. Your problem might be that your too close to the the trees to see the forrest. I'm not going to get into a ###### contest with some kid (I assume you are because you said that you are) that needs to be concentrating on what's on his plate. It's not hard to figure out who I am and if you are who you said you are, it's not hard to find out who you are either. These computers are not as anonymous as you might wanna believe. I'm a big supporter of these kids and I do my best to help them in the ways i have available to me but you migh not wanna open a can of worms that will effect more than yourself.

In all honesty I really thought the 'Toppers would win this one. It had to be a heck of a game. Topvol, can you break it down please? I figured turnovers would be the only way SHHS could lose. Really want to hear about this one.

It looked to me that Science Hill's offensive scheme was totally changed for this game. The Toppers moved the ball in the first quarter while running the ball from power I sets. Not very many plays( only had 30or so plays the whole game) came from the spread. Offensive line had problems opening holes, most gains on running plays came after the back bounced it outside. The passing game was erratic at best. Not many could be blamed on dropped balls tonight. Hill threw maybe two good passes out of his four but at two of them were in the first half and they came from playaction out of the power I. Never did seem him throw any passes in warm ups. I don't remember seeing any pitches, tosses or option looks to try to get the ball outside. I don't remember seeing any hitches thrown either but maye the 5 yard outs were suppose to be those. This was by far the worst offensive game of the season and everyone seems to share the blame with it. 66 yards total offense...........

The defense played a great first half including two interceptions with one the only score of the game. It seemed that the Toppers might not have any offensive plays in the second quarter so i can imagine that fatigue might have set in on some in the secod half. The traps and dives with the big fullback leading killed us. Works is a patient runner with talent. On the dives, he would just follow the fullback with his hand on the fullback back and waited untill the fullback was stone walled before he would even try to make a move. Bearden just attacked the gaps of the Science Hill defense and was content with 6 or 7 yards until those became 10+ yard runs in the second half. First game I can remember the D having trouble tackling but I lost count on the times I saw players leaving their feet or go in with their head down and the ball carrier would side step or jump over them. Unlike earlier games, hard to say if help from the O would have helped the defense. Bearden is very talented and well coached.

I don't get paid or have never been paid to coach a football team. Football has been a part of my life for the last 30+ years since I first picked up a ball. These are just opnions from what I saw friday night and are mine and that's it. Bearden is a very talented team and by far the best team that Science Hill has faced this season. Don't worry south fans, Phillips is the best player we have faced. The season is on the backside of the hill and this team still has every opportunity to get goals accomplished but will have to come together as a team.

I believe it's a little bit of both. I was at the game also and the 4th and 9 play somewhere around the 30 shape put it where adams can make a play and hill was wide open, result turn over on downs. IMO this coach is going to gamble, I like that, but he doesn't have the qb or wr to run his system. I believe we will make the playoffs and for the defense I hope he can put his pride aside and call plays that is best for the team. What happen to # 5 at RB? Any one know.

Two platoon system. Everyone plays on one side of the ball.

Two platoon system. Everyone plays on one side of the ball.

Hey tv98 I agree with you on your post to ftbman about him posting his opion on coach t. FTBMAN read my signature. That's what football is all about, LEAVING IT ALL ON THE FIELD. Doing your best to help your team. If we are going to have a winning type atmosphere at the hill, then players like ftbman are going to have to buy into what Coach smith is doing. Hey tv98 are the DB's being coached to play everything in front of them, because they were giving a 10yd coushin and not really breaking on the ball once it was in the air? To me #40 is doing a better job of returning kickoffs shouldn't we try to get the ball in his hand more. Do you run the 2 platoon system when the games on the line or do you put the players on the field that can make a play?

I loved the rent-a-cop that was telling kids on the way in that they could not take in their footballs. Why do so many schools in Knoxville only have bleachers on 1 side of the field? This would not be so bad if they did not block off the entire track. Anyone know why schools block off their tracks?

Hey tv98 I agree with you on your post to ftbman about him posting his opion on coach t. FTBMAN read my signature. That's what football is all about, LEAVING IT ALL ON THE FIELD. Doing your best to help your team. If we are going to have a winning type atmosphere at the hill, then players like ftbman are going to have to buy into what Coach smith is doing. Hey tv98 are the DB's being coached to play everything in front of them, because they were giving a 10yd coushin and not really breaking on the ball once it was in the air? To me #40 is doing a better job of returning kickoffs shouldn't we try to get the ball in his hand more. Do you run the 2 platoon system when the games on the line or do you put the players on the field that can make a play?

It's hard to believe that the kids are not doing what they are taught to the best of their ability. Playing DB might be the hardest position to play on a football field since your are playing back peddling and trying to react to what's going on in front of you. My opnion.

The spread offense is a great offense if you have the personnel to run it AND they are disciplined enough to make the right decisions. Do they have the right personnel? Questionable. Do they have the discipline...in every sense of the word...NO. I am with another poster online here in that I believe the offensive line is not the issue. Disciplined decision making is. I still see an unruly bunch of players mouthing off on every play and getting called for unsportsmanlike conduct, mental errors, and even some physical errors that could be remedied by harder work and focus. The discipline has been an issue at SH since I have been watching the program, and it is exemplified on and off the field. To truly be successful it will have to be addressed and what better time to do that than after a coaching change? I hope that Coach Smith is doing the right things to turn it around. I am no longer connected enough to the program to know.