SP Pirates and Whitwell Tigers

OLD PIRATE

Wow.......... I have read these threads for along time but never registered. I will say the Pirates are very good and should dispose of the tigers rather easily come friday.OP has made several good commits regarding the game and elements that have fueled a dis-like for the whitwell folks. I know not all whitwell was involved but way too many were. I attended the county meeting and saw first hand what went on and it was maddening for the SP faithful.

Back to the game, the pirates must not let last weeks results overly inflate their heads for there is still a long road before the playoffs and then the road will be harder each week. Good Luck to the pirates this week and hopefully the young kids will get that playing time also.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, I understand your concern over the gym issue, however (I say this as an SP alumni), a mega-gym worthy of a small college is unnecessary. Remember that the proposed gym would cost over half of the money that it is taking to build a whole school (gym included) at Whitwell. There was never any doubt that a new gym was needed (that thing was in bad shape when I was in school). Now back to the topic. The Pirates are without a doubt one of the best, if not the best team in 1A (maybe 2A and 3A). I am glad to see them doing so well. Whitwell has some young kids and they are adapting to a new coach. They played a good game last Friday, even though they lost to MC. The Pirates simply have much more speed and skilled players this year. I don't think anyone will question who has the better team this year, but bringing up thuggish remarks about the gym/school funding shows a lack of class on your part. OP should keep pulling for the Pirates on their way to the playoffs, but leave off the tacky remarks that don't have anything to do with the boys playing football. Stuff like that kind of makes me glad that I'll be heading for the visiting side of Beene stadium this year. I'll support the Tigers in their games (win or lose) and I'll still pull for the Pirates to make a good run through the playoffs this year. Show the class you claim to have.

(The opinions stated above belong to SamHain and in no way are meant to be interpreted as anything else.)

It's clear to me OP feels as most SP people that the whitwell fans set back and did nothing and still got a new school and began to bash the proposed building project @ SP. That teacher/coach/assist.principal went way over the line when he sent letters and offered to add points to grades. A copy of that document was and still is floating around.

I don't think OP was tacky or thuggish with his remarks. SamHain, never think that what happens between communities does not have anything to do with the boys playing football/basketball/baseball or marbles.

I do agree with OP. OP,we need to talk about the old times,perhaps we can intice Dunwoody to give his views.

According to these posts on this thread, it seems like WhitWell is begging for mercy in this one. I think I know one way WhitWell may get the mercy they are asking for. If WhitWell's coach would go out to the 50 yard line during pregame warmups and bow down to South Pittsburg's legend coach, he could give mercy to WhitWell. Otherwise I get the feeling he may not care how much he scores. It sounds like OldPirate has some good insight on what too expect. WhitWell's coach bowing down may not even save them in this one, but if it will I think I would get to bowing if I was him.

I think you are an idiot. No one is begging for anything. Notice in my earlier post I capitalized the word IF given the opportunity. Our boys will play hard. I asked a simple question, what values does it teach our student/athletes??? Sports is one of the greatest ways to impact students for the good or bad.

I think you are an idiot. No one is begging for anything. Notice in my earlier post I capitalized the word IF given the opportunity. Our boys will play hard. I asked a simple question, what values does it teach our student/athletes??? Sports is one of the greatest ways to impact students for the good or bad.

oldpirate i bet the redbaron wouldnt care to have a talk with you at the game...why dont you all hash it out at midfield he may make you....bow down to him!!

Cubby - that was some good mcribs at lunch today wasn't it.

CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can dig it!!!!!!!! Looks like you were in training to wear somebody out at midfield i saw you woofing down about three of those mcribs!!! I think the person responsible for blocking SP ont he gym was kramer....he thought if they got hte gym it would cut into his gas money to drive the gator!!!

Redbaron i heard at school today there was gonna be a streaker at the game did you hear that??I hope its that freshman ZW!!

Watch for Pitt to come in with the big head and get off to a slow start... But after the half Pitt will take over and win by 3 td!!!

I think our coaches and our players realize what it's going to take to accomplish their goals. There is no fine line between wanting to win and expecting to win..... South Pittsburg expects to win. Big Head or not South Pitsburg will take care of buisness. No letdown with this bunch of kids.

oldpirate i bet the redbaron wouldnt care to have a talk with you at the game...why dont you all hash it out at midfield he may make you....bow down to him!!

Old Pirate says, Cubby, you are obviously a youngon and have not learned to be original. OP has bowed down many times, the wife has been around for a long time.

I can dig it!!!!!!!! Looks like you were in training to wear somebody out at midfield i saw you woofing down about three of those mcribs!!! I think the person responsible for blocking SP ont he gym was kramer....he thought if they got hte gym it would cut into his gas money to drive the gator!!!

Redbaron i heard at school today there was gonna be a streaker at the game did you hear that??I hope its that freshman ZW!!

Old Pirate wonders where has Cubby been? Your statement: "I think the person responsible for blocking SP on the gym was kramer", OP is old but can not comprehend this logic. NO one blocked anything at SP. Feel free come friday to view the gym under contruction and is basically as proposed initially.

TheRedBaron2, there is no need to get on here and call names and be ugly. I simply gave some advice, whether it be good or bad advice, it was only an opinion. I don't get on here and call you an idiot for giving an opinion. You are entitled to an opinion like the rest of us. I for one will not be going to this game because I would not waste the money watching such a massacre. I saw your young lads at the jamboree and they were not very impressive. I am going to The Creekbank to watch a game this week.

PS-TheRedBaron should watch out. It looks like OP and Batman are both wanting to make you bow down. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Old Pirate says the Pirates will whip the tigers in a way few have seen in recent years. Folks.... this "beat down" will not be pretty for the whitwell fans and players. Unfortunately the kids will pay for the adults motor mouthing regarding the SP gym and their efforts to stop the build. The dogs will not be called off at anytime, look for the pirates to inflect as much pain as possible. This "will" be ugly.

OP says "THANKS WHITWELL FANS FOR ADDING FUEL TO THIS GAME"

OP who do you think you guys will beat worse...Whitwell or Temple??? I can imagine that 53-20 beatdown last year doesn't sit to well in the OLD PIRATE stomach...