Maryville's Schedule is WEAK!

WarriorFan

Go to unapproved website.com and click on the "dynasty rankings." It has a lot of stats comparing the best teams in the country in terms of opponents w-l percentage, records against the top 1000 and top 7000 teams etc. Also, if you doubt CalPrep's national rankings (top 1000 and top 7000) they have a nice little explanation on their methodology. Maryville is statistically right up there with other national top 25 teams, even after those stats have been controlled for differences in schedules. Bottom line - the number one goal is winning state. Number two is winning region. Number three is winning the mythical Blount Co. championship. Number 4 is impressing national polls and "experts." Maybe YOU think Maryville needs to go out and play some "real" teams, but apparently most others don't think that. Maryville is achieving number 4 by taking care of 1-3 year after year.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, noonesfool. Original poster is crazy. Gotta play the conference games and Alcoa is a top notch team who could beat most 4a and 5a teams. William Blount is a power as well. A team with one of the best coaching staffs in the state and more gold balls than my poor education allows me to count, needs not your input. Until they lose a game, they are the top team in the state, one of the top in the Southeast US and the country.

You gotta be bored to start this thread. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

PUDDING.......come on......William Blount is a "Power"?

Here is William Blount's record since 2001:

'01 6-6

'02 5-6

'03 5-6

'04 3-7

'05 7-5

'06 7-5

That does not constitiute a "Power". Not even close. They have not started out 4-0 with the exception of this year since CoachT has kept up with records. They have had a couple of 3-1 records after 4 games, but WB is no "Power". Before last year, when was the last time WB made it to the playoffs?????? Certainly not since Coacht has been around.....my guess is a long time.

You are questioning my sanity when you cannot back up a thing you say with fact???? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I actually think you already self imploded. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Naw is just everyone is jealous of the BIG MV MACHINE.

Hope we can meet up again this season at State for Bball. If so this time we Win. Man, i wish my son had been with your football team. No disrespect to mine intended. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go to unapproved website.com and click on the "dynasty rankings." It has a lot of stats comparing the best teams in the country in terms of opponents w-l percentage, records against the top 1000 and top 7000 teams etc. Also, if you doubt CalPrep's national rankings (top 1000 and top 7000) they have a nice little explanation on their methodology. Maryville is statistically right up there with other national top 25 teams, even after those stats have been controlled for differences in schedules. Bottom line - the number one goal is winning state. Number two is winning region. Number three is winning the mythical Blount Co. championship. Number 4 is impressing national polls and "experts." Maybe YOU think Maryville needs to go out and play some "real" teams, but apparently most others don't think that. Maryville is achieving number 4 by taking care of 1-3 year after year.

No one questions Maryville's dynasty over the cupcakes.......they are proven the "King of the Cupcakes" in the regular season. Totally on the bullypit.......there ya go....I said it.....

You guys totally want to bring in your "dynasty", but let's see the teams you say you have beaten that we can all remember that were good. Waiting......Waiting.....Waiting......

Until you get into the playoffs, with the exception of whipping up on traditional 2A power Alcoa, you play no one, year end and year out. Show the board one worthy team you have played that you take pride in beating outside of Hillsboro and maybe Melrose in the state championship........which both teams have given you fits.

here's the thing. when Maryville moves to 5A they will still be good. They just wont be a powerhouse like they are in 4A. MAryville wil take about 3 or 4 years to really feel the impact. Once they arent able to play their young guys after the 1st quater every game and those young guys become juniors and senoirs w/o any varsity experience. thats how maryville stays good year after year. its b/c their players already have plenty of experience. it will be a different story when they gotta fight to win every week.

PUDDING.......come on......William Blount is a "Power"?

Here is William Blount's record since 2001:

'01 6-6

'02 5-6

'03 5-6

'04 3-7

'05 7-5

'06 7-5

That does not constitiute a "Power". Not even close. They have not started out 4-0 with the exception of this year since CoachT has kept up with records. They have had a couple of 3-1 records after 4 games, but WB is no "Power". Before last year, when was the last time WB made it to the playoffs?????? Certainly not since Coacht has been around.....my guess is a long time.

You are questioning my sanity when you cannot back up a thing you say with fact???? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I WAS questioning your intelligence...but now I have no question that you have a major lack of it.

WB has made it to the playoffs seven out of the last eight years and beaten the #1 seed twice during that period.

This isn't about the past, though, is it?

WB is a power this year, which is all that counts.

Ask Dobyns-Bennett about WB. Ask Ooltewah...last year's 5A Semi-Finalist about WB. Ask MARYVILLE...about WB and Alcoa and have them tell you who the power is.

I WAS questioning your intelligence...but now I have no question that you have a major lack of it.

WB has made it to the playoffs seven out of the last eight years and beaten the #1 seed twice during that period.

This isn't about the past, though, is it?

WB is a power this year, which is all that counts.

Ask Dobyns-Bennett about WB. Ask Ooltewah...last year's 5A Semi-Finalist about WB. Ask MARYVILLE...about WB and Alcoa and have them tell you who the power is.

So I overlooked the playoff records because they didn't show up in the comments section on your past schedules as a playoff game on coacht......I'm wrong and appologize....you one upped me.....

If you are going to the playoffs with 3-7, 7-5, 5-6, 6-6 records, that shows how weak your division/region is. Everyone gets to play in the playoffs so it makes the players feel good about their team...the top TWO programs from EACH district gets to go?????? If you are making the playoffs with 5-6,6-6,7-5,3-7 records, that is ridiculous.....Big Time Program.. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ..

Potential Region 2-5A when Maryville moves up AND if any 4A school moves up into Region 1-5A

1. Maryville

2. William Blount

3. Heritage

4. Oak Ridge

5. Knox Farragut

6. Campbell County

7. McMinn County

8. Bradley Central

Yeah, Ooltewah and Soddy Daisy would probably move to Region 3-5A since they only have 6 teams and the Chattanooga area schools have access to I-24 to get to Lincoln County, Coffee County, Warren County, Franklin County, and Cookeville while also having I-75 access to Cumberland County.

Then potential Region 3-5A

1. Ooltewah

2. Soddy Daisy

3. Warren County

4. Franklin County

5. Coffee County

6. Lincoln County

7. Cumberland County

8. Cookeville

Potential Region 2-5A when Maryville moves up AND if any 4A school moves up into Region 1-5A

1. Maryville

2. William Blount

3. Heritage

4. Oak Ridge

5. Knox Farragut

6. Campbell County

7. McMinn County

8. Bradley Central

Yeah, Ooltewah and Soddy Daisy would probably move to Region 3-5A since they only have 6 teams and the Chattanooga area schools have access to I-24 to get to Lincoln County, Coffee County, Warren County, Franklin County, and Cookeville while also having I-75 access to Cumberland County.

Then potential Region 3-5A

1. Ooltewah

2. Soddy Daisy

3. Warren County

4. Franklin County

5. Coffee County

6. Lincoln County

7. Cumberland County

8. Cookeville

Ah heck, scratch my own post. I didnt take into account Rhea County or possibly Walker Valley moving up. Its difficult to project. Argh...

Ah heck, scratch my own post. I didnt take into account Rhea County or possibly Walker Valley moving up. Its difficult to project. Argh...

Rhea will move up. Their numbers have been well over 1500 the past two years. As for Walker Valley, I hear that they will move up also, but I am not sure if that is true or not.