Maryville's Schedule is WEAK!

WarriorFan

Brandon, I think you have some issues that need profesional help. As much as you talk about and worry about Maryville Football, your room must be painted Red & Black.

Could it be that Maryville passed your beloved BA in state titles last year or do you still have your panties in a twist because GQ turned your school down.

There are not a lot of people at Maryville that give a crap what you think about our schedule and I am one of them. If you have so much time on your hands, go down to the locker room at BA and preform your full time job, Clean The Toilets and Shower Stalls.

Rebel9

Good one REBEL9. You cannot answer the question, so you want to get personal. Back up all your answers with proven facts. You can't so you have a hard time posting something of value. If you have the time to read this post, maybe you DO care and have too much time on YOUR hands.

Actually, if Maryville has surpassed BA in state titles, please have them correct it on http://www.tssaa.org . It says they are tied at 10. As far as state championship appearances, BA has been 22 times to Maryville's 13.

GQ did not turn down the job, but interviewed. If he wouldn't have been interested in the job, he wouldn't have interviewed. He is a good coach, but he was not offered the job. Don't believe everything that floats around Maryville as the gospel. Back it up with fact, which you can't.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good one REBEL9. You cannot answer the question, so you want to get personal. Back up all your answers with proven facts. You can't so you have a hard time posting something of value.

Posting something of value on this subject would be a waste of time with you. It's not going to change as long as we have 7 region games. The other 3 games are county rival games and all bring in BIG GATES!!!!!

One other thing, GEORGE SAID NO TO BRENTWOOD. Put that on your toast in the morning.

Rebel9

Just because Maryville could do better in scheduling competition, does not mean they should. As already stated by others, there are reasons not to change anything (economics, tradition, etc). Further, those reasons don't have anything to do with being scared of getting exposed etc. Finally, you imply that Maryville is a lesser team because of decisions made by the AD. That's just ridiculous.

Posting something of value on this subject would be a waste of time with you. It's not going to change as long as we have 7 region games. The other 3 games are county rival games and all bring in BIG GATES!!!!!

One other thing, GEORGE SAID NO TO BRENTWOOD. Put that on your toast in the morning.

Rebel9

Back it up with fact that GQ said no. Give us a link to a newspaper or something where where GQ was offered the job but loved Maryville so much he turned the offer away and said no. Better yet, media where he is quoted as saying he was offered the job but turned it away. Please post when you can show fact.

Good one REBEL9. You cannot answer the question, so you want to get personal. Back up all your answers with proven facts. You can't so you have a hard time posting something of value. If you have the time to read this post, maybe you DO care and have too much time on YOUR hands.

Actually, if Maryville has surpassed BA in state titles, please have them correct it on http://www.tssaa.org . It says they are tied at 10. As far as state championship appearances, BA has been 22 times to Maryville's 13.

GQ did not turn down the job, but interviewed. If he wouldn't have been interested in the job, he wouldn't have interviewed. He is a good coach, but he was not offered the job. Don't believe everything that floats around Maryville as the gospel. Back it up with fact, which you can't.

Number 11 was in 1964 ( AP Title ) #1 in Tennessee. You may not accept it but many do.

22 title appearances and 10 titles = 45 % winner

13 title appearances and 10 titles = 77% winner.

That means nothing in this conversation but you guys have had 12 long rides home with a silver trophy. At Maryville we use silver trophys to prop up the walls in the toilet. What do you guys do with them?

I am through with you.

Rebel9

BA-Hoover Ala. would be marketing dream game

by Tom Kreager

Hoover football Coach Rush Propst said today at the Championship Football Coaches Clinic in Franklin that there had been talks in regards to scheduling a game with Brentwood Academy for the 2007 season.

However, what couldhave been a dream game between one of the top programs in Alabama against one of Tennessee??™s top programs won??™t happen next season.

Both schools have the same date open. However, both need that game to be a home contest.

But Propst said he envisions one day soon that a top Alabama program like Hoover will play a top Tennessee program.

And it only makes sense.

It??™s not unheard of for teams like MBA and BA to play out of state competition. MBA has played Trinity out of Louisville in past years as well as Byrnes S.C. BA played Meridian out of Mississippi this past season.

But throw a program like Hoover in the mix and Tennessee high school football would gain some national TV time.

It would be a promoters dream to bring Hoover to the Music City and let them play a team such as Brentwood Academy or Riverdale ??” two of the top programs in the Midstate.

Or perhaps a promoter could twist George Quarles??™ arm at Maryville and get his Maryville team to travel to Nashville. Fans would flock to either Vanderbilt or LP Field to watch it.All we need are coaches to set a date.

This article is out of the Tennessean from 04/21/07

Our teams in Middle TN play out of state competition, and teams from the state. How about Maryville? I know you guys are hung up about the "gold ball" is our only focus thing....that is your only agrument, but the only one you can put out. Play some competition!

I have said this a million times. Maryville has 7 region games. Lenoir City,Clinton,Central,West,Powell,Halls and South Doyle. Maryville has to play them. I wish Maryville didn't have to play Lenoir City or South Doyle but Maryville has to play them.

Central has been very good in the past. In matter of fact in 2004 and 2005 they were the best 4A team Maryville played before they made it to Murfreesboro.

Powell has had some talent in the past.

10 years ago Halls was very good.

Maryville has always played the other county schools. Alcoa is very good. They are the most dominant 2A school in Tennessee. You know! The same Alcoa you was propping up after the 2005 State Title games.

Maryville always plays William Blount. They had some prety good teams. This year they have the best team they ever had. You think Maryville should drop them. There were around 12'000 fans there friday night. By far the biggest crowd in William Blount history.

I had always wanted to keep playing Heritage and probably still do. But! If the games keep being 40-0 at the half I will want to drop them. Heritage is the only weak team in Blount County. Their freshmen and jr varsity teams are doing well this year though. Maybe they will do much better in the future.

I have said this a million times. I would like to see Maryville play another instate powerhouse like BA,MBA,Riverdale,Oak Ridge.

Number 11 was in 1964 ( AP Title ) #1 in Tennessee. You may not accept it but many do.

22 title appearances and 10 titles = 45 % winner

13 title appearances and 10 titles = 77% winner.

That means nothing in this conversation but you guys have had 12 long rides home with a silver trophy. At Maryville we use silver trophys to prop up the walls in the toilet. What do you guys do with them?

I am through with you.

Rebel9

Go to http://www.tssaa.org . There are polls from years past.....way before state championships.....in 1964, the lit ratings or litkenhous shows Jackson as the State Champion. The Tennessean Action Ratings show Jackson as the State Champion in 1964. I have fact to back it up. You show no fact. Until then, it does not exist. The TSSAA does not recognize anything you are saying, and they are over high school sports. They show the rankings from as far back as 1941 on their web page for several rankings. No Maryville did not pass up BA....they are tied.

I have said this a million times. Maryville has 7 region games. Lenoir City,Clinton,Central,West,Powell,Halls and South Doyle. Maryville has to play them. I wish Maryville didn't have to play Lenoir City or South Doyle but Maryville has to play them.

Central has been very good in the past. In matter of fact in 2004 and 2005 they were the best 4A team Maryville played before they made it to Murfreesboro.

Powell has had some talent in the past.

10 years ago Halls was very good.

Maryville has always played the other county schools. Alcoa is very good. They are the most dominant 2A school in Tennessee. You know! The same Alcoa you was propping up after the 2005 State Title games.

Maryville always plays William Blount. They had some prety good teams. This year they have the best team they ever had. You think Maryville should drop them. There were around 12'000 fans there friday night. By far the biggest crowd in William Blount history.

I had always wanted to keep playing Heritage and probably still do. But! If the games keep being 40-0 at the half I will want to drop them. Heritage is the only weak team in Blount County. Their freshmen and jr varsity teams are doing well this year though. Maybe they will do much better in the future.

I have said this a million times. I would like to see Maryville play another instate powerhouse like BA,MBA,Riverdale,Oak Ridge.

FINALLY.....REBELRON is here. Someone talking with authority on the subject. He is the most knowledgeable Maryville fan on Coacht. He feels the same way regarding scheduling competition. I'm not as much of a nut as you guys thought. Glad to see your post, REBEL RON!

Back it up with fact that GQ said no. Give us a link to a newspaper or something where where GQ was offered the job but loved Maryville so much he turned the offer away and said no. Better yet, media where he is quoted as saying he was offered the job but turned it away. Please post when you can show fact.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/t...&zoneid=133

A quote from the article:

George Quarles, who has a 108-9 overall record and six Class 4A state championships in eight seasons as head coach at Maryville High, turned down an offer from BA in early December. There was also a brief courtship with Montgomery Bell Academy coach Jeff Rutledge, but Flatt continued to endorse Potter.

Thanks Solomon for the help with the article. I knew it was there but didn't know where to find it.

By the way Brandon, I hear that the pre game meal at Brentwood is Bacon Lettuce and George Said No Sandwiches served with a glass of Whine.

Rebel9

Nothing like this was ever reported in Middle TN to my knowledge. Has anyone that is close to BA or the situation able to verify this, or was it the press in Chatanooga trying to make Potter look like he was 2nd choice. I cannot find this in any other media.