Maryville's Schedule is WEAK!

WarriorFan

Would anyone else that went to or had kids at BA in the 1980's please tell these folks that BA did NOT two platoon back then? Outside of telling you who played what position when I was there, that would be difficult. That would take me too long to go through the 5 years I went there. I can do it, but what would it prove. You would say I am lying.

If you can do it, go ahead. Why let the fact that you think I wouldn't believe you stop you. Just going on some info that was given to me by a buddy at UT that played on the 1981 championship team. He only played one way and seems if my memory serves me the only reason he went to BA was because he was recruited to come there and play. Oh yeah, this never happened though, did it? Students were only recruited to be students, right?

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can do it, go ahead. Why let the fact that you think I wouldn't believe you stop you. Just going on some info that was given to me by a buddy at UT that played on the 1981 championship team. He only played one way and seems if my memory serves me the only reason he went to BA was because he was recruited to come there and play. Oh yeah, this never happened though, did it? Students were only recruited to be students, right?

If I had a dollar for every time I heard somebody say they had a buddy, a friend of a cousin, a neighbors dogsitter, etc. say they were recruited to play for BA then I would be a rich man. If you are going to slander us for something of which you have absolutley no proof, at least come up with something original.

Personally I think you guys have a great football program surrounded by lots of town pride. That's a pretty cool thing. However I also agree that you probably don't play the toughest of schedules in the state. Who knows what would happen if Maryville and BA were to play, it would be a fun one to watch though.

If we all had nickels for everyone, including BA players, that have told people they were "recruited" to BA to make them look like more of a player than they may have been. That is an old subject. Sometimes, the truth is stretched. Whoever the player is from that era, I would know him. I too played on that championship team. I also know pretty much every kid that went to UT from that era that played football. There weren't too many. We are a very small school, and pretty much knew where each other went. Them saying something like that would shock me.

Wait....this is getting off topic again.......

If I had a dollar for every time I heard somebody say they had a buddy, a friend of a cousin, a neighbors dogsitter, etc. say they were recruited to play for BA then I would be a rich man. If you are going to slander us for something of which you have absolutley no proof, at least come up with something original.

Personally I think you guys have a great football program surrounded by lots of town pride. That's a pretty cool thing. However I also agree that you probably don't play the toughest of schedules in the state. Who knows what would happen if Maryville and BA were to play, it would be a fun one to watch though.

Funny we had the same reply...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I just wanted a nickel....did I short change myself??...heck, I would still be RICH!

I don't write for papers or magazines. I write sales copy. Again, it is evident the thread worked because you are posting on the topic. Here we go again.....now I am not smart because I threw out a great topic for discussion, and you guys have gone balistic. I did it with sensationalism. If you were confident it wasn't true, you could say "so...Maryville plays a weak schedule.....you may be right", and go on. You didn't admit it or deny it. You could then question why people would believe the topic (it is evident others on this thread feel the same) and go do some research. Then, you could come back and say, "You know what....this is what I found about the topic", rather than getting someone who disagrees on a topic then resorting to name calling and personal put downs because you cannot prove them wrong or you don't like what they say. It is like......I don't like so and so.....he said something I didn't like, I have no answer, so I am going to smash him and call him names on the board so others may feel the same way, and not take his side on the topic. Ya know....strength by numbers. It is hard to go on a board and say things you believe when you know you will become the subject of scrutiny by "the crowd" by speaking your thoughts. It is easier to go along with the crowd. Once you are told something for so long, you begin to believe it. It is easier to go along with status quo than to question authority. It is dangerous to question authority because you become unpopular. You don't go along with the crowd, who cannot show that the topic is wrong. It is better to have your own thoughts than to go along with everyone's thoughts that may not be true.

I hope you have noticed this whole thread has not had one incident where I have name called, and put you down, unlike you guys. I don't go to those levels. Your actions speak so loud I can hardly hear what you say......

The title of this thread bashes all of EAST TENNESSEE and if you can not see that then you need to keep Maryville out of your threads and posts and talk about other things and if you SIR write your sales letters and offend your customers the way you offended most on this thread then you must be starving.

The title of this thread bashes all of EAST TENNESSEE and if you can not see that then you need to keep Maryville out of your threads and posts and talk about other things and if you SIR write your sales letters and offend your customers the way you offended most on this thread then you must be starving.

So....you are mad, offended with the truth and don't want me to write about Maryville because what I say is the truth and can easily be backed up...... Sounds like a dictatorship......More personal attacks for writing a great thread...yup.....starving in the wealthiest county in TN, and 9th wealthiest county in the US...yup.....I am starving...I need to go get my ssi check out of the mailbox....maybe BA sent me my check for the lifetime retirement plan BA players have for playing for them....kind of like playing in the NFL and being vested... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ....amazing.....of course, I hope everyone knows I am being tongue in cheek......I would hate to start rumors BA sends retirement checks to it's past players....... /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Let me draw you a picture so that your one sided mind will understand.When BRANDON100 tells a outrite lie wheather it is what the thread is about or not it makes that lie an issue .Can you understand? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I assume you meant "outright" and "whether" . That would make Brandon's integrity an issue and in no way supports your original proven incorrect assertion. You are jumping all over the place like a rats when the lights are turned on. However, worse case scenario, Brandon may have been mistaken.

More personal attacks for writing a great thread...yup.....starving in the wealthiest county in TN, and 9th wealthiest county in the US...yup.....I am starving...I need to go get my ssi check out of the mailbox....maybe BA sent me my check for the lifetime retirement plan BA players have for playing for them....kind of like playing in the NFL... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ....amazing.....

[/quot

Congratulation you finally stated some fact and I am proud of you . See it isn`t that hard

I assume you meant "outright" and "whether" . That would make Brandon's integrity an issue and in no way supports your original proven incorrect assertion. You are jumping all over the place like a rats when the lights are turned on. However, worse case scenario, Brandon may have been mistaken.

Then don`t` state it as fact

I know that Alcoa is seriously considering playing in the Disney Classic next year in Orlando against a school that is similar in size to them. It is still in the planning stages, but they are tired of throwing good money away (BTW, Spring Hill, White House-they brought some people). Maryville I think will step up when they move to 5A and Heritage and WB will be in their region. This will free up some "at large" games like Alcoa has had the past few seasons after WB and Heritage dropped them. (See: McCallie, Fulton, etc.) Oak Ridge may wind up being a region game as well for the Rebels and that will be the end of that argument. From 87-92 when Maryville was in 3A (top classification) they still never hooked up with Oak Ridge though having two 5-5 seasons and losing in the first round of the playoffs twice. They will have to "play up" to remain competitive.

And Brandon C-note, If you "write sales copy," You better mix in a spell check every now and again or start enjoying the taste of peanut butter because steaks are going to be out of the question. Knowing the difference between a principle and a Principal would be prudent.

I know that Alcoa is seriously considering playing in the Disney Classic next year in Orlando against a school that is similar in size to them. It is still in the planning stages, but they are tired of throwing good money away (BTW, Spring Hill, White House-they brought some people). Maryville I think will step up when they move to 5A and Heritage and WB will be in their region. This will free up some "at large" games like Alcoa has had the past few seasons after WB and Heritage dropped them. (See: McCallie, Fulton, etc.) Oak Ridge may wind up being a region game as well for the Rebels and that will be the end of that argument. From 87-92 when Maryville was in 3A (top classification) they still never hooked up with Oak Ridge though having two 5-5 seasons and losing in the first round of the playoffs twice. They will have to "play up" to remain competitive.

And Brandon C-note, If you "write sales copy," You better mix in a spell check every now and again or start enjoying the taste of peanut butter because steaks are going to be out of the question. Knowing the difference between a principle and a Principal would be prudent.

Ya got me! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am glad to hear Alcoa is possibly traveling to Disney. Sounds like you guys are using up all the money in the Blount County coffers that Maryville could use to play some teams within 3-4 hours drive. Props for venturing out beyond Blount Co. Sounds like Maryville can keep their Blount Co. Regional games ("rivals") if they go 5A. This will free up some space for other teams to play them. Now we are getting to the future of Maryville FB. They will have space on their schedule to play some other teams. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ya got me! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am glad to hear Alcoa is possibly traveling to Disney. Sounds like you guys are using up all the money in the Blount County coffers that Maryville could use to play some teams within 3-4 hours drive. Props for venturing out beyond Blount Co. Sounds like Maryville can keep their Blount Co. Regional games ("rivals") if they go 5A. This will free up some space for other teams to play them. Now we are getting to the future of Maryville FB. They will have space on their schedule to play some other teams.

We have to make a lot of money 'cause those rings are EXPENSIVE.