Maryville's Schedule is WEAK!

WarriorFan

Well written. I appreciate your post. You have hit the nail on the head. For a public school, you play a better than average schedule. I believe you would do well against other powers in the state. I would love to see it happen.

Cool. I would love to see it happen too. I would drive 8 hours back to TN to see a BA-Maryville matchup. I think we both agree that one's definition of a weak schedule depends entirely on what other team or standard we are using as a baseline. By DII standards, our schedule is not anything to brag about. By DI standards, above average, while certainly not great. In honor of Govman . . . /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. I would love to see it happen too. I would drive 8 hours back to TN to see a BA-Maryville matchup. I think we both agree that one's definition of a weak schedule depends entirely on what other team or standard we are using as a baseline. By DII standards, our schedule is not anything to brag about. By DI standards, above average, while certainly not great. In honor of Govman . . . /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Here is a /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> for the gun barrels, Maryville guys! I, too am extending the arm of peace......This whole thread has just been summed up by truerebelplaya......guys, this poster hit the target in ONE post. Great answer, and not full of garbage. KUDOS!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It has taken close to 40 pages to hit the answer we on the other side can mostly agree on. This thread would have been done long ago if there were sanity to all/any of your posts rather than personal name calling, anger, and unreasonable answers.....TRP's answer has no cuts to the Maryville program, me, etc. and tells it like it is. By his name, I might assume he is a maryville alumni, student and/or player.

Here is a /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> for the gun barrels, Maryville guys! I, too am extending the arm of peace......This whole thread has just been summed up by truerebelplaya......guys, this poster hit the target in ONE post. Great answer, and not full of garbage. KUDOS!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It has taken close to 40 pages to hit the answer we on the other side can mostly agree on. This thread would have been done long ago if there were sanity to all/any of your posts rather than personal name calling, anger, and unreasonable answers.....TRP's answer has no cuts to the Maryville program, me, etc. and tells it like it is. By his name, I might assume he is a maryville alumni, student and/or player.

Since that is settled, I think we should discuss the Maryville nickname. Let's face it. It is not very P.C.

Maybe I should start a whole new thread for that, though... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Since that is settled, I think we should discuss the Maryville nickname. Let's face it. It is not very P.C.

Maybe I should start a whole new thread for that, though... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Leave the name....it's great.....forget being P.C.!

For most of us Maryville supporters this thread was just the same ole jealous diatribes about how easy Maryville has it, cheats, recruiting, buys games and it is always some how Maryville's fault that teams on their schedule and those MHS has faces in the play offs are somehow weak in someone??™s opinion. No one who has any sence can think this way and certainly no one with any football savvy can think that 50 wins in a row is a fluke. Or all 50 were "Cupcakes???! BA has never had a run like this even though they are always recruiting players.

BA is a $15,000.00 a year school only available to those who can afford it. They are private so they can discriminate from those who do not fit their vision of a model student. I am sure it is a great school, but a football powerhouse me thinks not. The facts don't support the thought.

This is a silly tread and is designed to reduce the accomplishments of a group of High School kids and a group of fine coaches. We have heard it all before, from every angle by mutable idiots and it makes one weary. Simply put, I don??™t give ratz buttocks what people think of Maryville??™s football program, the accomplishments are a record of fact and history. Think what you want no one cares.

For most of us Maryville supporters this thread was just the same ole jealous diatribes about how easy Maryville has it, cheats, recruiting, buys games and it is always some how Maryville's fault that teams on their schedule and those MHS has faces in the play offs are somehow weak in someone??™s opinion. No one who has any sence can think this way and certainly no one with any football savvy can think that 50 wins in a row is a fluke. Or all 50 were "Cupcakes???! BA has never had a run like this even though they are always recruiting players.

BA is a $15,000.00 a year school only available to those who can afford it. They are private so they can discriminate from those who do not fit their vision of a model student. I am sure it is a great school, but a football powerhouse me thinks not. The facts don't support the thought.

This is a silly tread and is designed to reduce the accomplishments of a group of High School kids and a group of fine coaches. We have heard it all before, from every angle by mutable idiots and it makes one weary. Simply put, I don??™t give ratz buttocks what people think of Maryville??™s football program, the accomplishments are a record of fact and history. Think what you want no one cares.

Ahhhhh FBEmeritus......I knew you would eventually make it to the thread............ /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Now we are gonna write another 40 pages, because you have always been one of my favorite folks on the board.........you are THE one Maryville supporter that we have been missing.......now it's gonna get good.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Yeah, good luck with all that stuff. We are talking about Maryville's nickname now. Do you feel that it could make some people uncomfortable?

32Skedoo.......I think you may agree with me here.............my senior year, BA had the nations LONGEST winning streak for two weeks (we got beat by MUS to end it) at 38. We played alot of "CUPCAKES" to get it that high. We were a powerhouse playing against average competition up through the district games in the early 80's..it wasn't if BA was going to win......it was by how much...my senior class was 53-2 for the four years, and you guys in your class may have been about 45-4.....(am I about right) we got to 38 wins by playing 50% average or below teams , 25% above average teams and 25% way above average teams....

BA took their program up huge notches by going out and finding great competition.........now it is Maryville's turn to get out of the sandbox they have ruled for years and do likewise.

FBEmeritus......Maryville got that streak by playing mostly bad competition......not EVERY team, but as a whole, BAD competition that does not challenge them. That does not mean maryville isn't a great football team. It just means they are comfortable....