Rodriguez Wilks - a future NFL player?

catuballer

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

he deffinately is, if you are going to a school like UT to play receiver then you have to be a stud. The jump from highschool to college is not as big as the jump from college to pro. One of the biggest factors is the mental aspect of being a pro. For example Tee Martin was never successfull in the pro's cause he couldnt learn their offence.

How big and fast is Wilks.

wilkes is an exceptional receiver, unfortunately (fortunately for my team) i havent seen any of his better performances. wont deny the potential that i have seen tho.

wonder if he will take a red shirt next year or jump right in or what...saw true freshman golden tate was catching touch down passes this weekend for notre dame but he is probably more talented and playing for a much lesser team

he deffinately is, if you are going to a school like UT to play receiver then you have to be a stud. The jump from highschool to college is not as big as the jump from college to pro. One of the biggest factors is the mental aspect of being a pro. For example Tee Martin was never successfull in the pro's cause he couldnt learn their offence.

How big and fast is Wilks.

He is 6'2" 215pds. and runs a clocked 4.47 40... he is no slouch and he is very physical

You better hold off that type of talk for another couple of years. Five years ago Chris Leak was the #1 qb recruit in the country. But after four years in college gator fans would have rather had Tim Tebow. There are too many intangibles to factor in from high school to the pros. It doesn't matter if he's an "athlete", everybody in the pros are athletes. Tee Martin just wasn't good enough, same with alot of high school stars after a few years in college. No shame in it, that's just the way it is.

i have watched this kid since he was 7yrs old play many sports in an around smyrna.the thing i have noticed is he has only played a hand few of really tough games.i mean games with the same talent level that he is.so it will be something he will have to ajust to , an it will take a few years to see if he will have any impact or not.to play at the next level he will need to keep very focused on making the right decisions on an off the field.its time to step up because the SEC is filled with kids like Rod.just ask BIG BROTHER................

Tennessee has some very good athletic wr`s sitting on the bench because they either can`t/won`t block downfield or haven`t learned all their assignments. It is a big step from high school to college. I`d say if Wilks can learn his assignments he`ll see early playing time. But in the end it doesn`t matter if he is the world`s greatest wr. If he doesn`t know where to run, if he can`t recognize the defense and know what route to adjust to, if he curls right and the throw is thrown left because that was what he was suppose to do and the ball gets picked off he won`t see the field. I`ve never seen him play. Sounds like he has all the tools to do well. Hopefully he knows how to learn assignments and knows how to block. Those are the keys.

do you realize how many players play high school football

do you realize of all the males in the entire world there are around 225 spots for wide receivers in the nfl right now

28 teams x 8 wide receivers (some carry only 6)

The odds are overwhelming against anybody making a pro team there are exactly 1484 spots in the nfl and as noted only around 225 are wr's

HOWEVER:

I have known rod since he was 10 years old and he is a good kid and was always big and fast. Well about 3 years ago the light bulb went on and the work ethic kicked in.

He has a lot of things in his favor - going to a school that has put lots of wr's in the pros helps plus he has that frame they are now looking for.

In answer to things noted in other post

1. only caught one pass against BA - that one is easy Sonny missed the last 2 and half qtrs and the qb had never played in a hs game plus bryson was running the ball like jim brown in the second half

2. As for not seeing rod in big games - where were you last year? The last 2 playoff games and the blue cross bowl he had 9 td passes! opening game against lavergne 3 td passes.

I heard it from david cutcliffs mouth one day observing practice spoken directly to me- " he would start for us today

in Meachums spot"

He has seen a lot of talent and he thinks he is pretty good

but back to the point making it to the nfl is so far off it isn't even a blip right now