south doyle- powell-

notright

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell will get back to their balance attack this week on Homecoming Day...I see the defense holding SD to a total of no more than 120 total yards...Powell will and should start the attack through the air and then on the ground...Kier Houston is due for a REBOUND GAME and why not on Homecoming...Powell will give all the faithful Panthers something to GROWL ABOUT!!!

I'm still not ready to pick Powell in a game like this. Last week, I was unwilling to pick Powell because they hadn't beaten a playoff-caliber team. Anderson County hit some big pass plays in the 3rd quarter that exposed the Panther defense. Throwing the ball well enough kept the Panthers on their heels. AC is a good football team, and they are better than SD. I still think the Powell defense is good, but if SD is able to throw the ball down the field a few times, this one could end up like the AC game.

Powell's offense has been clicking, but they need to continue to throw the ball well. AC was much bigger than Powell up front, and it showed in the running game. AC's defense forced Powell to beat them with the pass last week. Powell needs to get back to playing assignment defense. I'm still baffled by this Powell team, since their 2 losses have come against solid opponents, but this is a game they have to win if they want any playoff consideration. I think this will be a close game, and it could go either way.

Powell will get back to their balance attack this week on Homecoming Day...I see the defense holding SD to a total of no more than 120 total yards...Powell will and should start the attack through the air and then on the ground...Kier Houston is due for a REBOUND GAME and why not on Homecoming...Powell will give all the faithful Panthers something to GROWL ABOUT!!!

u cant be serious about tht post at all. South Doyle could possibly have 120 yards in the first quarter. SDs offense will show up its just a matter if they dont turn the ball over and if their defense will put up another performance like gibbs. If Powell put this game as homecoming i think tht will be a smack in the face for SD and they will come out fired up and ready to finally get a region win. Gotta go with the powerful SD offense in this one.

u cant be serious about tht post at all. South Doyle could possibly have 120 yards in the first quarter. SDs offense will show up its just a matter if they dont turn the ball over and if their defense will put up another performance like gibbs. If Powell put this game as homecoming i think tht will be a smack in the face for SD and they will come out fired up and ready to finally get a region win. Gotta go with the powerful SD offense in this one.

I am worried about this one but i think Powell will bounce back and win a close game.

It should be an exciting homecoming victory.

Powell is not Gibbs. The Panthers lost last week to Anderson County, a team that has only lost to Fulton...who could probably get 2nd in region 3-4A every year and to Maryville, who last lost in like 1999 or something. These are not unthinkable losses, especially for a young team. The alarming stat is that they gave up 107 points in those two losses, yikes! SD is a team that will beat a team that beats themselves, in other words, if Powell turns the ball over 3 or 4 times and if Powell has 50-60 yards in penalties, then South-Doyle will win. I think that the Panthers will bounce back and have a feel good win against the Cherokees. Powell wins 34-13.

Powell is not Gibbs. The Panthers lost last week to Anderson County, a team that has only lost to Fulton...who could probably get 2nd in region 3-4A every year and to Maryville, who last lost in like 1999 or something. These are not unthinkable losses, especially for a young team. The alarming stat is that they gave up 107 points in those two losses, yikes! SD is a team that will beat a team that beats themselves, in other words, if Powell turns the ball over 3 or 4 times and if Powell has 50-60 yards in penalties, then South-Doyle will win. I think that the Panthers will bounce back and have a feel good win against the Cherokees. Powell wins 34-13.

ur right they lost to some pretty good teams but they havent beaten anybody worth anything. no way they hold SD to only 13 points when they average over 400 yds of offense.

ur right they lost to some pretty good teams but they havent beaten anybody worth anything. no way they hold SD to only 13 points when they average over 400 yds of offense.

Neither of these teams have beaten anyone. SD averages 400+ yards of total offense because they have a schedule that is no more difficult than Powell's thus far, and they haven't even played a team like Maryville yet.

Not to be a nitpick here, but Powell has beaten Campbell County, Karns, and Lenoir City...Not awesome teams, but at least they are 4 or 5A teams. South-Doyle has beaten 2 teams from one of the weakest 3A regions in the state; Carter...because of Carter mistakes, and Gibbs...becuase Gibbs has not had a winning season in 10 years. I am not saying that this game will be a clash of the titans, but in looking at the wins Powell has had their offense is capable of scoring big, and their defense gave up only 9 points in their 3 wins. I stick by my earlier prediction, if I am wrong it won't be the first or last time.