south doyle- powell-

notright

No way most people I talk too have lost a respect for Duncan, we really thought we were getting a knight on a white horse when he came here. But he doesn't support the community, or the Atheltic program. The only good sports program we have is the baseball team, and it was well established before he came, the other programs, he has managed to rip apart. If the Powell people want him back I'm sure SD people would be glad to help him clean out his office.

So, does Powell not get any credit for the win last night? Looked to me like they made plays and South-Doyle didn't.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if they he does not want to give them credit for a complete game then I will. I must admit, I really thought that SD would bring a better game plan to last nights game and even after halftime I was expecting some kind of change to the game plan but it just didn't happen. I would like to tip my hat off to the Panther's for a GREAT GAME and a special hand to Kier Houston. He played a great game and read the defense to a tee. I'm not saying this because he ran all over your SD Kees, but because he is my son and he Deserves the Credit Today.

Great Game to the Whole Team!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Yes Powell does deserve credit, i sat in the one sided stands and watched, powell has two players that i saw. The qb and number 12.They were very good as the rest of the team also. That goes to show you how bad SD coaches are if you can call them coaches. We all knew who was the horses on Powell is and we still could not stop them. I saw a lot of fed up South Doyle faitful in the stands, dont know how long the SD parents are willing to put up with this. Everybodyneeds to start calling and raising CAIN. Call Mr. Bratton im sure he wants a winning program! I saw Mr.Duncan go into the press box at half wonder what he said, Im sure how proud he was of South Doyle program? HA HA. Hang in there South Doyle kids Im sure Mr.Duncan has it figured out. Think we should give Mr.Hutchins a new contract? Wonder where MR.Duncans heart really is?

I would also like to praise the play of Kier Houston! I've been watching his progression over the past few games, and he really is a special player. He has excellent command of the spread "read" offense, and it showed Friday night. We are definitely going to need more of the same against Halls next week.

Yes Powell does deserve credit, i sat in the one sided stands and watched, powell has two players that i saw. The qb and number 12.They were very good as the rest of the team also. That goes to show you how bad SD coaches are if you can call them coaches. We all knew who was the horses on Powell is and we still could not stop them. I saw a lot of fed up South Doyle faitful in the stands, dont know how long the SD parents are willing to put up with this. Everybodyneeds to start calling and raising CAIN. Call Mr. Bratton im sure he wants a winning program! I saw Mr.Duncan go into the press box at half wonder what he said, Im sure how proud he was of South Doyle program? HA HA. Hang in there South Doyle kids Im sure Mr.Duncan has it figured out. Think we should give Mr.Hutchins a new contract? Wonder where MR.Duncans heart really is?

Clark Duncan came to the press box at halftime to do a radio interview, which he was requested to do prior to game time. Clark was simply honoring a commitment he made. He spent 17 years as the Powell head football coach. Does it not stand to reason that he still has friends at Powell that he wanted to see? Exactly what is the problem with his coming to the press box?

I have to agree. Clark is a class act. You have to also remember that the South-Doyle people wanted to get rid of the last coach, and so did the Administration, as well as the leaders downtown. There is much more to this than the coaching staff can fix, or the administration. I guess you would rather Clark to turn down all interviews and chances to build the South-Doyle program up. He will handle the issue with respect, grace, and sincerety.

I have to agree. Clark is a class act. You have to also remember that the South-Doyle people wanted to get rid of the last coach, and so did the Administration, as well as the leaders downtown. There is much more to this than the coaching staff can fix, or the administration. I guess you would rather Clark to turn down all interviews and chances to build the South-Doyle program up. He will handle the issue with respect, grace, and sincerety.]

Are your serious?? If Duncan is such a wonderful coach, administrator, class act then why did he leave Powell?? SD didn't want rid of the previous coach, Duncan did, he was intimidated by him, and besides that was a very long 4 years ago. Lets talk about the present. Lets talk about what Duncan has done for SD.......NOTHING. Has he talked to the parents, has he talked to the boys, has he ever sat in the stands and listened to how the opposing fans laugh at the SD team, has he gone into the locker room and watched the boys cry their eyes out. Does he even realize some of these boys given four very long hard years to this program and what to they have to show for it, lose after lose pitiful season, after pitiful season. These boys go to school everyday and are made fun of by the other students as well as some of the faculty, and some are even ashamed to be on the team. But they keep trying because they love the game. How much longer does Hutchins need how many more losing seasons must we endure, how many more upcoming cherokees need to transfer to Blount county, how many more boys just quit. Does the Mighty Duncan realize that at the rate we are going there may not even be enough boys left to field a team next year??? If the AD, the coaches, can't fix program, than please tell me who, this is their jobs. I would think that if they worked in the corporate world and could not produce after 4 years, they would be fired. Then why do they still have jobs. Why are they allowed to continue to put SD football in the toliet. It will take more than some stupid interview to build this program up. Duncan has no class, grace or sincerity when it comes to SD. If he were here for the boys, and the program, he would hold a meeting with the parents, and try to straighten out the mess he has created. Thats the only way he will convince anyone that he cares about anything at SD.

[Are your serious?? If Duncan is such a wonderful coach, administrator, class act then why did he leave Powell??

He left Powell because he was promoted in to administration. He was a teacher and coach at Powell, and a very sucessful one, at that. His record proved it.

Apparently you don't have any clue how the process works. Administrators go where there are openings. There were no administrative openings at Powell when Clark was promoted.

has he gone into the locker room and watched the boys cry their eyes out.

Umm i dont think id admit that.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I've been around SD Football for a long time. I find it interesting that the same comments being made about the coaches and administration presently are the same that have been made year after year with previous coaches and administrations. I guess maybe it's because they are easy targets. As I recall, certain members of the community (a small few) wanted Coach Ward out. That was going to turn things around. He still is the most successful of SD coaches. Then they hired Coach Swafford - he was going to be the resurrection of the program. Nada. Not only was he a poor role model for the players, he gave South Doyle a poor reputation in the Knoxville community due to his behavior. Coach Hutchins came into this program knowing the track record of the South Doyle program. Clark Duncan was promoted to the AD position. They both have proven track records. Why do people expect miracles? Building a program takes time. It also takes the support of the community. The same naysayers do more to break down the progress and undermine their efforts. SD plays in the toughest region in the State. They are much improved, but still have a ways to go. These boys are giving their all. Losing the QB early on in the season was a blow. These kids and coaches deserve support from the community and parents. I think what these players hear at home is critical.

I've been around SD Football for a long time. I find it interesting that the same comments being made about the coaches and administration presently are the same that have been made year after year with previous coaches and administrations. I guess maybe it's because they are easy targets. As I recall, certain members of the community (a small few) wanted Coach Ward out. That was going to turn things around. He still is the most successful of SD coaches. Then they hired Coach Swafford - he was going to be the resurrection of the program. Nada. Not only was he a poor role model for the players, he gave South Doyle a poor reputation in the Knoxville community due to his behavior. Coach Hutchins came into this program knowing the track record of the South Doyle program. Clark Duncan was promoted to the AD position. They both have proven track records. Why do people expect miracles? Building a program takes time. It also takes the support of the community. The same naysayers do more to break down the progress and undermine their efforts. SD plays in the toughest region in the State. They are much improved, but still have a ways to go. These boys are giving their all. Losing the QB early on in the season was a blow. These kids and coaches deserve support from the community and parents. I think what these players hear at home is critical.

^ good job "un-named" SD coach /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Oh please We've already heard this garbage, quit talking about the past coaches. What do you tell the boys that have played 4 years and have nothing to show. These boys are being well supported at home, thats the only place they are supported. Unless you have a son on the team you have no ideal what you are talking about. Why don't you talk to some of the seniors who have given their all and tell them it just takes time. When will they get their time. How many more boys do we have to graduate and tell them the same thing? You know if your on the outside looking in, you can speculate all you want too, but things look alot different if your on the inside looking out. The only light at the end of our tunnel is another train.