CAK at Alcoa

Tornadofan15

I know Alcoa is as good as there is in 2A and are a favorite to repeat as state champs.

With that being said, I just noticed their 5 wins (all blowouts) have come over teams with a combined 8-23 record.

That certainly doesn't do much to prepare you to take on the better teams later in the year. The CAK game will show their colors.

One thing about playing weak teams. You don't have as many injuries. But I would rather get ready for the playoffs playing the Maryvilles and CAK's of the world even if I lose. I also realize they have limited control over their schedule, so I am not being critical.

The Maryville's and cak's? what are you talking about they are not and never in my life time will be on th same level. cak is weak and alcoa will put up as many as they want.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Maryville's and cak's? what are you talking about they are not and never in my life time will be on th same level. cak is weak and alcoa will put up as many as they want.

All I meant was that at least CAK is a winning 2A program. I know Alcoa is strong and they should handle CAK, but at least Alcoa will be playing a team that is winning and a successful 2A program this year. Also, remember they are a smaller school and were multiplied.

If Alcoa doesn't feel any respect for any teams in their division, they should make the move to 3A or 4A, so they can be challenged.

Don't be so touchy. I wasn't criticizing your beloved Tornados. They have a great program and are winners. They also schedule Maryville each year and other 3A and 4A schools, so I give them credit for that. This year some of those schools were weak, but at least they scheduled them.

All I meant was that at least CAK is a winning 2A program. I know Alcoa is strong and they should handle CAK, but at least Alcoa will be playing a team that is winning and a successful 2A program this year. Also, remember they are a smaller school and were multiplied.

If Alcoa doesn't feel any respect for any teams in their division, they should make the move to 3A or 4A, so they can be challenged.

Don't be so touchy. I wasn't criticizing your beloved Tornados. They have a great program and are winners. They also schedule Maryville each year and other 3A and 4A schools, so I give them credit for that. This year some of those schools were weak, but at least they scheduled them.

What's CAK's enrollment w/o the multiplier?

"Also, remember they are a smaller school and were multiplied. "

Remember, also, that they are a private school who chose to play with the public schools, which is why they are multiplied. I've said this again and again: Alcoa's attendance is now in the mid-range of 2A. People tend to think we're a lot bigger than we are. We have no business going up to 3A. Yes, this year some of the 3A schools were weaker than expected, but look at CAK's schedule: Webb is the toughest game they've played, and will play (aside from tomorrow's game). Giving Webb all the respect in the world: they seem to be pretty decent this year. Alcoa plays the schedule they play because 1. we have to play the teams in our region (as does CAK), and 2. we're having to find teams in middle tn to play us because the "upper echelon" of east tn. 2A schools won't put us on their schedule. I wonder if CAK is finding the same thing, or if they've even tried to schedule other 2A schools in east tn?

I read somewhere the other day that Loudon is actually suppose to be 3A...is this true? And, if so, why are they playing down to 2A? I"m sure there's a reason for it, just wondering what it is. I think I actually saw that on a posting, so I realize it may not be very accurate.

alcoafan72: tssaa has CAK's enrollment at around 250, but they have Alcoa at 386, and we're at around 480/490 right now, I think.

What's CAK's enrollment w/o the multiplier?

Alcoa Enrollment 411

CAK Enrollment 499 off of the TSSAA Web Site.

that is without the Multiplier for CAK, however this was a side note that i thought was interesting.

"CAK will remain 2A in football for the remainder of this classification period. Enrollment change with the multiplier moves CAk to 3A (football). However, by Board action a school cannot be moved as a result of the Multiplier in one classification period."

Basically saying that with the multiplier, CAK should actually be playing 3A football.

sorry to all, i looked at the 2004 enrollment.... i just looked at the web ste again. sorry. however, The side note is correct, CAK should be playing 3A ball with the multiplier

i have also heard this, cak is supposedly going to play 3a ball in two years?

and i personally know that cak has never had 500 students, currently the enrollment is around 420-430 which is the largest cak has ever had