11AA picks

MIDTN

I think the seating criteria for hosting changed after Harpeth and Sycamore were built in their defense, but it's pretty short sighted of the architectural firm and the school board to not include provisions for seating expansions.

If most of the gyms in the district aren't suitable for hosting the district tournament, why not play the tournament at a neutral site?

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical Cheatham County Schools--built schools with dinky gyms. Got to save that money--don't spend it on the kids.

Tournament is wide open right now:

Waverly- Hottest team in district right now

Cheatham Co.- Didn't show up at Harpeth Friday night, can be beat

Creek Wood--Steady and will be force in tourney, has the big inside force

Harpeth--Can beat anybody and can lose to anybody

I have to agree with the school system being cheap on the gymnasiums. Sycamore and Harpeth aren't a lot older than Creekwood. I think seating minimums should be mandated so that you don't build obsolete schools or give the school board a chance to be cheap.

This is a sore spot for Harpeth fans I know, who have 'hosted' sub state games at Fairview, Creekwood and Cheatham because their home court is too small. That takes away any chance at a home court advantage that there might have been. Stupid /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Typical Cheatham County Schools--built schools with dinky gyms. Got to save that money--don't spend it on the kids.

Tournament is wide open right now:

Waverly- Hottest team in district right now

Cheatham Co.- Didn't show up at Harpeth Friday night, can be beat

Creek Wood--Steady and will be force in tourney, has the big inside force

Harpeth--Can beat anybody and can lose to anybody

I would love to see all four of these teams represent 11AA at region. I have a lot of confidence in this district this year and these teams have the potential to do well. As for Cheatham hosting district... I think Cheatham's goals are shooter friendly compared to the newer gyms.

I would love to see all four of these teams represent 11AA at region. I have a lot of confidence in this district this year and these teams have the potential to do well. As for Cheatham hosting district... I think Cheatham's goals are shooter friendly compared to the newer gyms.

Well, I have a lot of confidence that these 4 teams will be the ones that represent the district and they might do ok at region. Sub-state and state is a different story. I don't see that type of team unless one can stay hot at tournament time.

For region it looks like McNairy Central, Bolivar, Chester County and Jackson Southside. McNairy Central is atop the region. One of their losses is to Harpeth at the Lexington tournament. That bodes well for 11AA I suppose.

Very athletic teams and/or physical post play will give all of the 11AA teams fits. I don't think our district is as strong as in year's past, but it is pretty balanced. The top 4 or 5 teams can play if they bring their A game.

Goals may be okay but the open ended area is tough on a shooter.

Well, I have a lot of confidence that these 4 teams will be the ones that represent the district and they might do ok at region. Sub-state and state is a different story. I don't see that type of team unless one can stay hot at tournament time.

For region it looks like McNairy Central, Bolivar, Chester County and Jackson Southside. McNairy Central is atop the region. One of their losses is to Harpeth at the Lexington tournament. That bodes well for 11AA I suppose.

Very athletic teams and/or physical post play will give all of the 11AA teams fits. I don't think our district is as strong as in year's past, but it is pretty balanced. The top 4 or 5 teams can play if they bring their A game.

I think district 12AA is pretty evenly matched up this year like 11AA. I don't think 11AA is as strong as in years past either, but I also think 12AA is much weaker than in years past. I'm sure all the region games will be close, but 11AA SHOULD come out on top. Also, Waverly has beaten Camden this year. Creek Wood has beaten Lexington, but lost to McNairy.

Goals may be okay but the open ended area is tough on a shooter.

Not so.You guys and your "depth-perception" thing. Makes me laugh.

I agree with that. I'd like to see some curtains or something on that open end. It's tough to shoot on that end of the gym.

Come on, you've never shot on that end, have you?

I think district 12AA is pretty evenly matched up this year like 11AA. I don't think 11AA is as strong as in years past either, but I also think 12AA is much weaker than in years past. I'm sure all the region games will be close, but 11AA SHOULD come out on top. Also, Waverly has beaten Camden this year. Creek Wood has beaten Lexington, but lost to McNairy.

The region tournament is going to be crazy. I believe that all eight teams will be about even. I've read where you guys say 11AA is down this year, so is 12AA. It is possible that 4 teams could end up tied for 2nd. Camden is in last but it is very possible they could beat the three seed because almost every game in 12AA has been close. The head-to-head regular season match-up between 11AA vs 12AA was even at 3-3. Waverly/Camden split, Lexington beat Harpeth but lost to Creek Wood, and McNairy lost to Harpeth but beat Creek Wood. I think that the home court advantage in the 1st rd will be a hugh advantage. It's going to be crazy and I can't wait.