11AA picks

MIDTN

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hailey Felker hit the shot HHS.

What a great evening of high school basketball. Two great games that went down to the wire. Harpeth jumps out to the big lead and CreekWood comes storming back only to see Felker drain a three at the buzzer.

Game two I think the largest lead of the evening by either team was five. Cheatham County finds a way to pull out the victory late.

Again I say what a night of basketball. Tough for the boys' games to be any better tomorrow evening.

I agree the first game tonight was great! Creek Wood was hit with some major intensity coming from Harpeth tonight, but never backed down.. Came out in the 2nd half and gave it right back to them. Hated to see the game end with a shot at the buzzer. Would have been cool to see the game go into OT. But nonetheless.. Congrats Harpeth! As for the 2nd game: I know Waverly was playing without Frankie and half the school has the flu and is closed til Tuesday due to this... but Waverly gave the game away tonight. Creek Wood or Harpeth would have demolished either team tonight. Harpeth will take the district. Where is the intensity Waverly and Cheatham?

I agree the first game tonight was great! Creek Wood was hit with some major intensity coming from Harpeth tonight, but never backed down.. Came out in the 2nd half and gave it right back to them. Hated to see the game end with a shot at the buzzer. Would have been cool to see the game go into OT. But nonetheless.. Congrats Harpeth! As for the 2nd game: I know Waverly was playing without Frankie and half the school has the flu and is closed til Tuesday due to this... but Waverly gave the game away tonight. Creek Wood or Harpeth would have demolished either team tonight. Harpeth will take the district. Where is the intensity Waverly and Cheatham?

You've got to be kidding! I don't know what game you were watching, but to say that either of these teams lacked intensity could be one of the most clueless statements I have ever seen on here. Were there turnovers? Yes, but to accuse these girls of playing without intensity? As far as the comment about either team being demolished by Creekwood or Harpeth, I want even bother with a response. We will see if that is the case Monday night.

You've got to be kidding! I don't know what game you were watching, but to say that either of these teams lacked intensity could be one of the most clueless statements I have ever seen on here. Were there turnovers? Yes, but to accuse these girls of playing without intensity? As far as the comment about either team being demolished by Creekwood or Harpeth, I want even bother with a response. We will see if that is the case Monday night.

The way Harpeth and Creek Wood played tonight was great and TONIGHT I believe that Waverly or Cheatham would have gotten beat by either team. Monday night may be different story. Did you see the Harpeth-Creek Wood game? Maybe I was just too keyed up from it. Just thought some players weren't particularly in the zone tonight and I don't think the teams played up to their potential. Just my opinion.

The way Harpeth and Creek Wood played tonight was great and TONIGHT I believe that Waverly or Cheatham would have gotten beat by either team. Monday night may be different story. Did you see the Harpeth-Creek Wood game? Maybe I was just too keyed up from it. Just thought some players weren't particularly in the zone tonight and I don't think the teams are playing up to their potential. Just my opinion.

Yes I saw both games. Creekwood and Harpeth are two teams with more pure shooters (especially Harpeth). Cheatham and Waverly are teams that tend to grind the game out a little more. Maybe that is what you saw. Some of tonights turnovers especially for Waverly in the last few minutes had more to do with grabbing and pulling by Cheatham and the officials letting the physical stuff go at the end of the game (Prince being grabbed from behind by the shoulder and then calling the carry in paticular comes to mind). I guess my gripe with your ealier post had to do with the intensity comment. Intensity I don't believe has been a question for either of these two teams this year. Now do they have their flaws, yes, but night in night out they give their all. And I felt both teams left it all on the floor tonight.