11AA picks

MIDTN

I tend to agree with UtVols04 statement. I think Harpeth and Creek Wood both played with much more intensity than Cheatham and Waverly did. Cheatham should have lost the game tonight as Waverly had the game won, but just couldn't finish the job. I credit that to Coach Carr as he seems to find a way to pull out games in the end. Waverly, with all their seniors and probably the best overall talent in the district, allows everyone else to play them close and then they just can't seem to find ways to win down the stretch. The Lady Indians still puzzle me with their play, very up and down. However, Coach Johnson had them ready to play and the girls were definitely focused, beating a very good Creek Wood team. I'll have to say I was suprised myself. I think they can go ahead and beat Cheatham to bring home a district championship. It wouldn't suprise me though with Creek Wood and Waverly finishing 3rd & 4th now for district 11AA to sweep all the 1st round region games. One or both of them will knock off a top seed from the other district. This week's winners could be next week's losers as it's anyones region to win. Good luck to all the teams!

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree with UtVols04 statement. I think Harpeth and Creek Wood both played with much more intensity than Cheatham and Waverly did. Cheatham should have lost the game tonight as Waverly had the game won, but just couldn't finish the job. I credit that to Coach Carr as he seems to find a way to pull out games in the end. Waverly, with all their seniors and probably the best overall talent in the district, allows everyone else to play them close and then they just can't seem to find ways to win down the stretch. The Lady Indians still puzzle me with their play, very up and down. However, Coach Johnson had them ready to play and the girls were definitely focused, beating a very good Creek Wood team. I'll have to say I was suprised myself. I think they can go ahead and beat Cheatham to bring home a district championship. It wouldn't suprise me though with Creek Wood and Waverly finishing 3rd & 4th now for district 11AA to sweep all the 1st round region games. One or both of them will knock off a top seed from the other district. This week's winners could be next week's losers as it's anyones region to win. Good luck to all the teams!

I couldn't agree with you more! Especially with the fact that Waverly allows everyone to play them close. Waverly has a tendency to set a contagious pace in a game for 3 and a half quarters and then lose it. Similar to Stewart County. 6th seeded Camden has already knocked off 3rd seeded Southside in district 12AA. Hope to see all 11AA teams sweep the first round as well!

I couldn't agree with you more! Especially with the fact that Waverly allows everyone to play them close. Waverly has a tendency to set a contagious pace in a game for 3 and a half quarters and then lose it. Similar to Stewart County. 6th seeded Camden has already knocked off 3rd seeded Southside in district 12AA. Hope to see all 11AA teams sweep the first round as well!

It was no real surprise that Camden beat Southside. The only thing that stood out is they beat them by 20. Like I said before, the Region is going to be very exciting. It looks like it's going to be like our district tournament, that every team has a equal shot at winning it.

Does girls first round in regions start this Friday???

Thursday. 12AA's 1 and 2 seeds going into the district tournament, McNairy Central and Chester County were both upset in the semi-finals by 6 seed Bolivar and 3 seed Camden. That means both Harpeth and Cheatham will be playing teams that finished the regular season 1 and 2.

All-District

Honorable Mention:

Megan Sills-SC

Allison Miller-MC

Amber Duncan-CCC

Jasmine Darden-CW

2nd Team:

Rebecca Brown-SYC

Kewanna Phennesse-WC

Haley Felker-HAR

Katie Pacifici-CW

Dee Bates-CCC

1st Team:

Ashley McCrary-WC

Becky Caldwell-FV

Holli Flippo-HAR

Ashley Franklin-CW

Megan Hunter-CCC, MVP

All-Tournament Team:

Ashley McCrary-WC

Kewanna Phennessee-WC

Ashley Franklin-CW

Jasmine Darden-CW

Holli Flippo-HAR

Emily Erland-HAR

Haley Felker-HAR

Sarah Doty-CCC

Dee Bates-CCC

Megan Hunter-CCC, MVP

Not a bad group. I'm surprised that Karley Miller didn't get more consideration for regular season all district. It's a subjective thing. Harpeth looks good next year with Erland, Miller and Felker returning plus another pretty good incoming freshman class that finished 2nd in the TMSAA mid state sectional. Sycamore should also be very strong.

Good luck in the regions girls. Somebody go to state!

Not a bad group. I'm surprised that Karley Miller didn't get more consideration for regular season all district. It's a subjective thing. Harpeth looks good next year with Erland, Miller and Felker returning plus another pretty good incoming freshman class that finished 2nd in the TMSAA mid state sectional. Sycamore should also be very strong.

Good luck in the regions girls. Somebody go to state!

I agree. All-Tournament is right on the money, but i'm surprised Miller was left off and Darden was not 2nd team. Are you sure the games are Thursday? Everyone was saying Friday tonight.