Dyer County versus Obion County

dcballas

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your absolutely right about both teams heading in different directions. My congratulations go out to the Choctaws on getting there program going in the right direction. I know how hard it is to watch a program lose week after week (especially this year). You have to be a diehard fan or a parent to sit through some of those games. But when you can turn it around and win it makes it worth all the hard times you've had to go through. As for the game, at the beginning of the season I thought this was a very winnable game for the Rebels. Now though I just don't see it happpening. OC has went through as much this past offseason and on into the season as anybody I've ever seen. It shows alot about the character and heart of the kids still left. Maybe they can find a little something deep down and make a game out of this because God knows they need something good to happen.

Your absolutely right about both teams heading in different directions. My congratulations go out to the Choctaws on getting there program going in the right direction. I know how hard it is to watch a program lose week after week (especially this year). You have to be a diehard fan or a parent to sit through some of those games. But when you can turn it around and win it makes it worth all the hard times you've had to go through. As for the game, at the beginning of the season I thought this was a very winnable game for the Rebels. Now though I just don't see it happpening. OC has went through as much this past offseason and on into the season as anybody I've ever seen. It shows alot about the character and heart of the kids still left. Maybe they can find a little something deep down and make a game out of this because God knows they need something good to happen.

yeah in my personal opinion i thought it was very upsetting to watch the coach leave. Obion did pretty good last year i thought. The game against us "DC" was very exciting and went to the end. Loved watching it. But i haven't seen obion since the coach and parker left so i really dont know. But i hear they are doing great things down the road at Dyersburg. Cant wait to see the looks on their faces with another "upset." Best of luck Obion

i kinda dissagree since their coach and QB went to Dyersburg. I think it'll just be practice.

It's not just Coach Bowling and Logan. It's the graduation of 16 seniors, many of whom were two and three year starters and an entirely new coaching staff. Add it all up and you get a bunch of inexpeienced players learning a completely different system.

It's not just Coach Bowling and Logan. It's the graduation of 16 seniors, many of whom were two and three year starters and an entirely new coaching staff. Add it all up and you get a bunch of inexpeienced players learning a completely different system.

i agree. It'll just take a while to get going. But my Pride for DC runs deep and i hate to see anyone go to Dyersburg. After we made a state tournament appearance for basketball (and this is just hear-say) I heard they offered our coach a pretty good amount to come coach for the Trojans. Glad to see him stick around

True, these two have had some good battles over the years. DC has played well this season, and picked up another huge Region win last night at Haywood Co. OC, on the other hand had a tough time at Crockett Co. The Rebs are still fighting the turnover bug, and will be the underdog in the game vs DC. OC will come to play, as will DC, and this could be a good one. As we have said before, the loss of a SOLID senior class after last season, and injuries have hurt the Rebs this season, but in time things will get better. This is a good bunch of kids at OC, and better times are ahead, in time.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JTRAIN5264, YOU JUST MAKE SURE THAT DC PRACTICES THIS COMING WEEK JUST AS HARD AS THEY DID FOR THIS PAST WEEK. DONT OVERLOOK A RIVAL LIKE OBION CO.

RIVALRY IS THE KEY WORD! AND THIS ONE GOES WAAAAAYYY BACK ! I recall many GREAT MEETINGS UNDER THE "FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS" ! Choctaws DO NOT LET THESE FORUMS OR THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO THIS POINT deter your DESIRE, PASSION & FOCUS ! You guys have the makings of a GREAT SEASON ! KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE ! I 've heard from one player that DC IS ON A MISSION ! STAY THE COURSE & DO NOT WAVER !

JTRAIN5264, YOU JUST MAKE SURE THAT DC PRACTICES THIS COMING WEEK JUST AS HARD AS THEY DID FOR THIS PAST WEEK. DONT OVERLOOK A RIVAL LIKE OBION CO.

If we do overlook OC it could be a long night for DC. Bottom line is DC has good athletes but not good enough to overlook ANYONE. The way this team wins is discipline, forcing turnovers and great red zone defense. The biggest thing that they have is heart and when you overlook someone you aren't playing with your heart. So here is a message to DC, PLAY WITH YOUR HEART FROM WHISTLE TO WHISTLE, REMEMBER HOW DEJECTED YOU FELT LAST YEAR IN TROY AND TAKE THAT WITH YOU ALL WEEK. 2007 DC MOTTO "We play ten, one game seasons, not 10 games." If you prepare that way there will be no letdowns.

DC ONE GAME AT A TIME young men. Dont ever under-estimate ANY opponent or your great season to -date will be for naught. Im rooting for you Chocs to make the playoffs,Hopefully with homefield Advantage. You have a few of the best teams yet to play in the region SO YOU MUST play "em" as they come=ONE GAME AT A TIME WITH DC PRIDE! GO CHOCTAWS

DC ONE GAME AT A TIME young men. Dont ever under-estimate ANY opponent or your great season to -date will be for naught. Im rooting for you Chocs to make the playoffs,Hopefully with homefield Advantage. You have a few of the best teams yet to play in the region SO YOU MUST play "em" as they come=ONE GAME AT A TIME WITH DC PRIDE! GO CHOCTAWS

CHOCTAWS PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE ABOVE POSTS ! ESPECIALLY THE ONE RE : 10 ONE GAME SEASONS ! EVERY WEEK IS A NEW OPPORTUNITY TO BRING BACK THE RESPECT TO THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM THAT HAS BEEN LOST OVER THE PAST FEW SEASONS ! SENIORS THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO RETURN THE "PROGRAM" TO A PLACE OF RESPECT WITHIN THE TOUGH REGION 7- 3A. YOU CONTROL THIS POTENTIAL FOR LEAVING YOUR LEGACY @ DCHS ! FOCUS ..... PREPARE ....... & EXECUTE !OVERLOOK

NO ONE ! LAST WEEK'S WIN IS JUST THAT ! LAST WEEK !ONE THING YOU HAD BEST CONSIDER the REBELS WILL BE HUNGRY YOU OFFER THEM AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A) BEING A SPOILER /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> SALVAGING AN OTHERWISE "UN REBEL LIKE YEAR" AND BEATING A RIVAL ! (NOTHIN' SWEETER THAN THAT!) BRAND NEW OPPONENT...... A RIVAL........AN OPPORTUNITY FOR REDEMPTION FOR LAST YEARS LOSS TO OC ........... BRAND NEW SEASON ! GO CHOCTAWS !!!

WEAR THAT ORANGE WITH PRIDE !