Dyer County versus Obion County

dcballas

First of all...DHS hired Logan Parker's dad as GUIDANCE COUNSELOR at DHS.... He isn't the coaches son...Although, Darren Bowling has a son who is freshman qb....Chase is his name...And 73choctawqb....How was old "Clifton "Bubba Johnson" to have as a teammate...Something about Clifton just for some reason tells me..."YOU WOULD HAVE TO KILL EVERY HAIR ON HIM TO STOP HIM"....And one more question...You reported to UT in June of 1975....And a year later the "Tasmanian Devil" ...Jimmy Noonan reported to UT with you....OF ALL THE PLAYERS AND COACHES I HAVE SPOKEN TO OVER THE YEARS.... "Jimmy was a HOLY TERROR not only in games but the PRACTICE field as well"..What are some of your memories of #60?....And BTW that #33 could start for ANY of these teams... Not saying it because I KNOW WHO YOU ARE...Just a fact...TOUGH, HARD NOSED FOOTBALL PLAYER......Must run in the family....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all...DHS hired Logan Parker's dad as GUIDANCE COUNSELOR at DHS.... He isn't the coaches son...Although, Darren Bowling has a son who is freshman qb....Chase is his name...And 73choctawqb....How was old "Clifton "Bubba Johnson" to have as a teammate...Something about Clifton just for some reason tells me..."YOU WOULD HAVE TO KILL EVERY HAIR ON HIM TO STOP HIM"....And one more question...You reported to UT in June of 1975....And a year later the "Tasmanian Devil" ...Jimmy Noonan reported to UT with you....OF ALL THE PLAYERS AND COACHES I HAVE SPOKEN TO OVER THE YEARS.... "Jimmy was a HOLY TERROR not only in games but the PRACTICE field as well"..What are some of your memories of #60?....And BTW that #33 could start for ANY of these teams... Not saying it because I KNOW WHO YOU ARE...Just a fact...TOUGH, HARD NOSED FOOTBALL PLAYER......Must run in the family....

"Bubba" Johnson & Jimmy Noonan were "CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH" WITHOUT A DOUBT ! Jimmy Noonan made John Chavis look like a "TEDDY BEAR" ! I remeember well when Noonan showed up on the "Hill" ! HE came in H3!! BENT FOR LEATHER TO BE SURE ! Insofar as "OL Choctaws" go Bubba DIDN"T HAVE NO REVERSE GEAR ! If you did kill "EVERY HAIR ON JIS BODY/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Bobby Newby told "Bill Battle"...Jimmy will cause some problems in practice...WHEN YOU GO HALF-SPEED....Because he DOESN"T KNOW BUT ONE SPEED...FULL SPEED.....And I heard HE NEVER LOST A FIGHT on the HILL EITHER....I would imagine it would be like fighting a darn stump......But MAN he is in bad shape....When he had that motorcycle wreck and messed up HIS OTHER KNEE...That was it for Jimmy...Football WAS ALL HE KNEW....And after watching Roland James , Craig Puki, Brian Ingram, Mike Cofer, Bill Bates , Reggie White make it in the NFL...Depression got the best of #60...And I will go to my grave saying this..." IF JIMMY NOONAN HAD GOTTEN A SHOT AT THE NFL..."HE WOULD HAVE MADE IT...NOT SAYING HE WOULD HAVE PLAYED ON THE D-LINE or EVEN LB....."I AM SAYING..THE WOULD HAVE FOUND A SPOT...NOTHING MORE THAN SPECIAL TEAMS...BUT HE WOULD HAVE MADE IT...Newby loved him and so did Johnny Majors...( GIMME 11 JIMMY NOONANS AND I WILL GO TO WAR!...Remember Majors saying that on his show?)...You think that at 260 and running SPRINTS with the backs at UT and BENCH PRESSING what he did....They wouldn't have found a place for him?....HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A SPECIAL TEAMS DEMON....Can you imagine trying to block a 5-9 265 lb BLOCK OF GRANITE that is at a FULL SPRINT?....That is a scary thought... Kinda of like stopping a "runaway piano rolling down hill"....

But he is in BAD SHAPE these days...Mentally... He has trouble with his sugar and has had his "share of problems"..Shame that guy is #5 on the ALL TIME TACKLE LIST AT UT with 241....#6 on Total hits with 355..#3 with 10 caused fumbles.. and had 104 tackles in 1977 which is #10 on UT's all time list... And you figure he did that in what 2 1/2 seasons?....He played special teams as a freshman..NG as a sophmore, and junior and suffered a stress fracture in his foot and was REDSHIRTED and came back and played on the same defensive line with Reggie White when Reggie was a FRESHMAN....Messed his knee up against OLE MISS in Memphis in 1980...I was there and saw him get hurt...Always heard he was in the process of signing a FREE AGENT contract with The Cowboys when he had that motorcycle wreck down in front of Moody Wadley....Shame... IF you saw him these days.. YOU WOULD have to look close... He is alot smaller than what he was at UT...But Jimmy is PROBABLY 49 or 50 years old...The guy could go....

And what you said about "Bubba Johnson"...I think "Coach" called him "a football players football player".. ALL HEART....Something has just always told me..."I WOULDN"T WANT TO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BUBBA"...HE WOULD BE YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE.......He probably weighs 245...And IS SOLID..DOES A LOT OF HUNTING and stays active... and DOESN"T" KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT "THE BACKDOWN"....Tough as a 2 dollar steak....

DC BLOWS OBION OUT IN THIS ONE!!!!!! THEY WILL RUN THE SCORE UP TO TRY TO GET MORE RECOGNITION!!!!! EVERYONE HAS BLOWN OC OUT SO YOU WONT BE GETTING ANYTHING BY EMBARRASSING THEM KENDALL

IF THE CHOCTAWS BLOW OUT OBION COUNTY ! note: IF ! Maybe you oughtta look back @ a couple of the scores they "HUNG" on the CHOCTAWS IN THE EARLY 2000' YEARS ! I MAINTAIN THAT THE REBELS AIN'T GONNA ROLL OVER FOR ANYBODY ! A VICTORY AGAINST DC WOULD ALMOST SALVAGE AN OTHERWISE "LACKLUSTER" SEASON ! THE RIVALRY BETWEEN DC & OCCHS GOES FSR LONGER THAN THE ONE BETWEEN DYERSBURG & OBION COUNTY ! SO REST ASSURED WIT EVERYTHING TO GAIN (PRIMARILY PRIDE) AND NOTHING TO LOSE ! BET ON THIS ! THE REBELS WILL COME TO PLAY ! SO CHOCTAWS YOU BETTER BUCKLE 'EM UP & BE SET FOR A DOGFIGHT! THE YEAR THAT DC WON THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP WE PLAYED A 1-9 TEAM (PEABODY) THAT RUINED OUR PERFECT SEASON IN WEEK 10 ! SO NOTHING IS OVER TILL ITS OVER ! BOW UP CHOCTAWS ! TAKE 'EM ONE AT A TIME ! EVERYTHING COMES IN TIME ! ALL TOO SOON THIS YEAR WILL BE OVER & FOR YOU SENIORS YOUR HIGH SCHOOL CAREER AS WELL ! LEAVE NO ROOM FOR WHAT IF'S TAKE IT FROM SOME ONE THAT STILL LIVES WITH THE WHAT IF'S SOME 30 + YEARS LATER ! YOU WILL NEVER FORGET THEM NOR GET THEM BACK ! TROJANS MIGHT WANNA TAKE NOTE AS WELL ! YEP THIS IS COMIN FROM AN "OL CHOCTAW" (Y'ALL GOT ONE ON THE COACHIN STAFF TOO! SO I HEAR (WHO IS A VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE) YOU CAN'T LET THE SHOWDOWN THAT'S COMIN TAKE YOUR FOCUS AWAY FROM THE TASK @ HAND i PULL FOR D'BURG ALL BUT 1 WEEK A YEAR ! I'M FROM DYER COUNTY ! DYERSBURG IS IN DYER COUNTY SO WHY WOULD I NOT WANT BOTH OUR TEAMS TO FARE WELL IN THEIR QUESTS FOR PLAYOFFS & MORE ! CHOCTAWS & TROJANS ALIKE BEST TAKE NOTE ABOUT NEVER BEIN ABLE TO GET THESE DAYS BACK ! SMASH MOUTHIN EACH OTHER AIN'T GETTIN EITHER OF YOU ANY WHERE EXCEPT FOR OPENIN' THE DOOR FOR A "SPOILER" TO INFECT YOU WITH THE "WHAT IF VIRUS" ! IT'S A NASTY BUG & THE ONLY VACCINE IS FOCUS ! TWO WEEEKS FROM NOW IS JUST THAT ! A LOT OF QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED BEFORE THAT SHOWDOWN SO TO BOTH THE CHOCTAWS & TROJANS I'D LET THOSE QUESTIONS BE ANSWERED BEFORE I STARTED QUIBBLING OVER G.A.T.A. T SHIRTS ! OR TALKIN SMASH MOUTH ABOUT WHAT ALL THE FOLKS IN DYER COUNTY ARE TALKIN ABOUT EVERY DAY ! LEAVE THAT TO THE "ARMCHAIR QUARTERBACKS" IN THE COFFE SHOPS OR WHERE EVER TIL THEN "TCOB" BOTH OF YOU !

I think it will probably be 42-7 DC, DC will score early and often, and if coach reinshaw lets the second team see the field, Obion will get a later score. MAYBE. DC didn't have problem scoring on those athletes last year, it was more stopping Darren Bowling's offense that cost DC last year. Now that he is not there no worries, DC rolls, but that puts light on the game coming soon, if Coach Bowling posted 40 plus on DC with slow white kids, imagine what he is goin to do with a real D, and an offense that makes his system look great. I thought about that alot this week going into this game with DC and Obion. Coach Bowing made that DC defense have fits last year. Imagine what he will do with Dyersburg and some real speed, he is goin to have a field day in a couple weeks.

I think it will probably be 42-7 DC, DC will score early and often, and if coach reinshaw lets the second team see the field, Obion will get a later score. MAYBE. DC didn't have problem scoring on those athletes last year, it was more stopping Darren Bowling's offense that cost DC last year. Now that he is not there no worries, DC rolls, but that puts light on the game coming soon, if Coach Bowling posted 40 plus on DC with slow white kids, imagine what he is goin to do with a real D, and an offense that makes his system look great. I thought about that alot this week going into this game with DC and Obion. Coach Bowing made that DC defense have fits last year. Imagine what he will do with Dyersburg and some real speed, he is goin to have a field day in a couple weeks.

Well that's great considering that was last year and this is this year. The CHoctaws defense has a totally new look this year. Personnel wise and scheme wise. You probably wouldn't know that cause you probably have seen them since the jamboree. I feel like that if DC doesn't make mistakes and doesn't do anything stupid...like throw the ball to much it could be a close game.

I don't make predictions & am well aware of the "weapons" that the Trojans have in their arsenal BUT.... D C has a much improved defense this year ! As I said I won't make ANY prediction, but this is a DIFFERENT TRIBE OF CHOCTAWS ! Certainly not making light of the Trojan team in any aspect, but I wouldn't judge the defense that the Choctaws bring to the table based on last year ! Cause last year is just "Dinosaur Bones" The defense has stood strong in critical situations with their "BACKS AGAINST THE WALL" on more than one occasion this year. ONE THING THAT I CAN GUARANTEE YOU IS THEY WILL "STRIKE" YOU ! GRANTED D'BURG HAS GREAT SPEED, BUT THEY WILL GET HIT TOO !