Dyer County versus Obion County

dcballas

DC 61 OC 12 Congrats to the Choctaws on the win. I think that this is a testament to the focus the kids on this team have. They clearly didn't overlook OC. This could have definitely a trap game. Good luck to the Rebs the rest of the season... you guys will be back in no time. Ya'll have a real classy team.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC 61 OC 12 Congrats to the Choctaws on the win. I think that this is a testament to the focus the kids on this team have. They clearly didn't overlook OC. This could have definitely a trap game. Good luck to the Rebs the rest of the season... you guys will be back in no time. Ya'll have a real classy team.

You know I almost ALWAYS agree with ya partner, but I just got a call from some of our Choctaw fans that didn't indicate that the "CLASS" was there tonight ! When our Choctaw got ejected, there was some "DIRTY POOL" goin on ! (That apparently went on most of the game or at least after we took control) ! BUT ..... it's always the last lick that draws the flag ! Just thought I'd fill you in on the info from my RELIABLE sources !WAY TO BATTLE CHOCTAWS ! CAN'T HAVE FIRST QUARTERS LIKE TONIGHT & REACH YOUR GOALS THOUGH ! FOUR QUARTERS ! FORTY - EIGHT MINUTES .... OR MORE ! STAY FOCUSED & KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE ! PAY NO ATTENTION TO ANYTHING BETWEEN NOW & FRIDAY EXCEPT THEM TIGERS FROM RIPLEY ! THE COMMENTS ON THIS BOARD THAT CAN DISTRACT YOU CAN BE YOUR DOWNFALL ! TAKE HEED TO THE POSITIVE POSTS & CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM FROM THOSE YOU KNOW & LET THE OTHERS RUN OFF LIKE WATER OFF A DUCK'S BACK ! ONE GAME AT A TIME AND THAT GAME IS RIPLEY ! KEEP ON MAKIN' US PROUD ! YOU ARE DOIN' WHAT HASN'T BEEN DONE IN YEARS FELLAS ! STAY FOCUSED & DO NOT BE DISTRACTED ! BY THE WAY THE LAST TIME DC SCORED 61 POINTS WAS 34 YEARS AGO ! 1973 SECOND ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS STEWART COUNTY 61 - 6 IN A TORRENTIAL DOWN POUR ! ENJOY THIS ONE 'TIL SUNDAY & THEN "STAY THE COURSE & DO NOT WAVER" ! RIPLEY TIGERS ARE YOUR NEXT POINT OF FOCUS ................. NOW CHEW ON THAT FOR A WHILE !

73CHOCTAWQB

OOOOLD CHOCTAW !

WAY TO GO CHOCTAWS !

You know I almost ALWAYS agree with ya partner, but I just got a call from some of our Choctaw fans that didn't indicate that the "CLASS" was there tonight ! When our Choctaw got ejected, there was some "DIRTY POOL" goin on ! (That apparently went on most of the game or at least after we took control) ! BUT ..... it's always the last lick that draws the flag ! Just thought I'd fill you in on the info from my RELIABLE sources !WAY TO BATTLE CHOCTAWS ! CAN'T HAVE FIRST QUARTERS LIKE TONIGHT & REACH YOUR GOALS THOUGH ! FOUR QUARTERS ! FORTY - EIGHT MINUTES .... OR MORE ! STAY FOCUSED & KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE ! PAY NO ATTENTION TO ANYTHING BETWEEN NOW & FRIDAY EXCEPT THEM TIGERS FROM RIPLEY ! THE COMMENTS ON THIS BOARD THAT CAN DISTRACT YOU CAN BE YOUR DOWNFALL ! TAKE HEED TO THE POSITIVE POSTS & CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM FROM THOSE YOU KNOW & LET THE OTHERS RUN OFF LIKE WATER OFF A DUCK'S BACK ! ONE GAME AT A TIME AND THAT GAME IS RIPLEY ! KEEP ON MAKIN' US PROUD ! YOU ARE DOIN' WHAT HASN'T BEEN DONE IN YEARS FELLAS ! STAY FOCUSED & DO NOT BE DISTRACTED ! BY THE WAY THE LAST TIME DC SCORED 61 POINTS WAS 34 YEARS AGO ! 1973 SECOND ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS STEWART COUNTY 61 - 6 IN A TORRENTIAL DOWN POUR ! ENJOY THIS ONE 'TIL SUNDAY & THEN "STAY THE COURSE & DO NOT WAVER" ! RIPLEY TIGERS ARE YOUR NEXT POINT OF FOCUS ................. NOW CHEW ON THAT FOR A WHILE !

73CHOCTAWQB

OOOOLD CHOCTAW !

WAY TO GO CHOCTAWS !

I heard the same thing you did right after i posted. Kinda makes you wonder if OC didn't have some of that stuff coming to them in that Dyersburg game and they might have used the trojans as martyers. At any rate I like D-lineman that are nasty like that, BUT you have to keep a cool head and play with a little thing I like to call controlled agression. I must admit that I have let emotions get the best of me before, however, i knew to do it on the bottom of a pile not in broad daylight for the refs. Then you can get up let THEM RETALIATE and THEY get the flag. FOCUS is the word for the week CHOCTAWS, heck it's the word for the year.

I heard the same thing you did right after i posted. Kinda makes you wonder if OC didn't have some of that stuff coming to them in that Dyersburg game and they might have used the trojans as martyers. At any rate I like D-lineman that are nasty like that, BUT you have to keep a cool head and play with a little thing I like to call controlled agression. I must admit that I have let emotions get the best of me before, however, i knew to do it on the bottom of a pile not in broad daylight for the refs. Then you can get up let THEM RETALIATE and THEY get the flag. FOCUS is the word for the week CHOCTAWS, heck it's the word for the year.

Yep ! I won't pass judgment as I am 500 + miles away, BUT........... "BACK IN THE DAY" it wasn't uncommon when playin the Rebels ! Always looked forward to that game regardless though ! I stated that it would be a "DOGFIGHT" in an earlier post............. I just didn't know it would come down to it "literally" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

DITTO TO BOTH OF THE LAST COMMENTS! JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I JUST TALKED TO A VERY RELIABLE TROJAN ALLUMNI WHO SAID THAT THEY HAD ALOT OF THE NASTY STUFF WHEN THEY PLAYED OC THIS YEAR. MANY CHOP BLOCKS, BOTTOM OF THE PILE JUNK, AND SO ON. WE HAVE ALL SEEN THIS IN OUR MANY YEARS PAST, BUT WHEN WE HAD A COUPLE OF GUYS THAT LITERALLY GOT BITTEN ( you know, Tyson style, that is a little ridiculous). BUT IT IS OVER NOW FOR BOTH TEAMS AND CONGRATS TO BOTH ON GREAT VICTORIES. BOTH OF YOU STAY FOCUSED ON THIS COMING WEEKS GAME, COME OUT ON TOP AND WEEK 9's PRIZE WILL EVEN MEAN THAT MUCH MORE TO THE EITHER OF YOUR GREAT TEAMS THAT IS VICTORIOUS. GO DC --- GO TROJANS--- YOU BOTH ARE MAKING ALOT OF US PROUDER EACH WEEK.

Look I don't know what was said or done on the field nor do I care. Things get said and done on a football every game that people wouldn't consider "classy". I know that OC was called for one personal foul penalty and Coach Driggers pulled the player out of the game immediately. They're are most of the time stupid,useless penalties but they happen at the highest level of football. Not condoning it, just stating my opinion. But what I would like to ask some of the Choctaw faithful is what was the point in throwing a long touchdown pass, going for two, and kicking an onside kick when the game was well out of reach?

Look I don't know what was said or done on the field nor do I care. Things get said and done on a football every game that people wouldn't consider "classy". I know that OC was called for one personal foul penalty and Coach Driggers pulled the player out of the game immediately. They're are most of the time stupid,useless penalties but they happen at the highest level of football. Not condoning it, just stating my opinion. But what I would like to ask some of the Choctaw faithful is what was the point in throwing a long touchdown pass, going for two, and kicking an onside kick when the game was well out of reach?

I don't know about goin' for 2 ! But as far as the "onside kick" as I understand it was unintentional. Sometimes you just miss the football ! There were a lot of young kids put in early in the third quarter & I wouldn't expect them to back up & let the opposition to recover the missed, bad /onside kick. Those young kids are the future & work hard in practice to see very little (if any) playin' time.Same goes for the "long ball" , Coach Renshaw started substituting early in the third qtr. Those kids are trying to prove themselves for the future & get a little reward for gettin the crap beat out of 'em all week. Additionally you might oughtta look back to the early 2000 years & see what kind of numbers the Rebels "Hung" on the Choctaws (50+ for at least a couple of those years). I might have been vindictive about those, but Coach Renshaw is not that way as a coach or a person. Not to worry, OCCHS will be beack & have their opportunities for revenge. I've never seen a Rebel program down for long. Good luck on the remaining season.

Just check out the score of the 2002 OR 2003 game i believe that OC had THREE Td passes after they were already up about 30 points in the second half. Don't believe me just check it! It's funny how teams that get victimized have such a long memory but the team that does IT to the other team ALWAYS FORGETS. BETCHA REMEBER NOW HUH!

I don't know about goin' for 2 ! But as far as the "onside kick" as I understand it was unintentional. Sometimes you just miss the football ! There were a lot of young kids put in early in the third quarter & I wouldn't expect them to back up & let the opposition to recover the missed, bad /onside kick. Those young kids are the future & work hard in practice to see very little (if any) playin' time.Same goes for the "long ball" , Coach Renshaw started substituting early in the third qtr. Those kids are trying to prove themselves for the future & get a little reward for gettin the crap beat out of 'em all week. Additionally you might oughtta look back to the early 2000 years & see what kind of numbers the Rebels "Hung" on the Choctaws (50+ for at least a couple of those years). I might have been vindictive about those, but Coach Renshaw is not that way as a coach or a person. Not to worry, OCCHS will be beack & have their opportunities for revenge. I've never seen a Rebel program down for long. Good luck on the remaining season.

I can go along with the onside kick being unintentional. I also understand about the younger kids trying to prove themselves. But when you have a 47-12 lead and go for two, it sure looks like you're trying to run up the score. Maybe that wasn't the case, but it sure seemed like it. I do remember very well the two games you're talking about from 2002 and 2003 where the Rebels won 50-14 and 63-13 respectively. I guess as y'all know it gets very frustrating watching your team get pounded week after week. Hopefully next year will be some better. One thing I would like to mention was the play of Zach Cavness. He is a sophomore who got the start at quarterback last night. Even though he threw five picks, he made some nice throws and wound up with about 190 yards passing which is by far the best we've had all year. Considering it was his first start as a quarterback on the varsity level, it was okay. He has a great arm and will get better with more experience.