Cosby @ Hampton

HHSDAWG

Amen, I think these Cosby fellers need to see a tape of Hampton playing Cloudland back in 94, 95, and 96. These were the fiercest games to go on record. Intense rivalry and competition. That was just it. It was football and nothing else. Our fans and players didn't see the need to disrespect each other with all the extracurricular things. Cosby has done nothing to earn respect. When they do have a winning season, they don't know how to handle it. They act like a bunch of idiots. Let me assure you, Cloudland and Hampton didn't like each other, but they always respected each other because neither team resorted to this retarded foolishness. They always took care of business on the field. It seems that coach Shelton needs to mature before he can be allowed to be a head coach. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So youre telling me youve never seen a bashed car at a pep rally? Where have you been? On the thing about the tombstones. The whole football team took the time to make those so back off! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The $#%$ cheerleaders did all the decoration. Im sure they didnt think to run it by congress to do it. If YOU feel that offended just ask J.C. if he thinks Cosby is dirty and was out to hurt you all. There were pictures of A.T. and j-lyons in our scouting report. The pictures were blew up and placed in the field house because they were the two guys we knew we had to stop. They should feel good about that. You guys blow everything out of porportion. Boo-hoo if you dont like it. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Its life. It wouldn't matter if you put pictures of Cosby players with thier eyes marked, put in a urinal to be urinated on, with x's on their faces. See if you see any Cosby people wine and cry about it. Id bet you wouldnt!

You people really are sick. Just read your own post. When you put up a tombstone with my son's name on it that's a "threat". I take it serious as a parent. You guys may not. It's not all about winning. What I saw and felt at Cosby went way beyond motivating a group of "kids". I certainly wouldn't want you to coach my son. As I said it's not all about winning. Rivaly and competion is what it's all about. What are you teaching your kids? JC does much more than coach, he teaches the boys about life. What they learn from him they carry with them the rest of their lives.

What the heck's the use in all this jibber jabber anyway? It's OVER!

The Dogs have an off week this week to get ready for this game, should be about 14 days more than is needed anyway, but the Hampton/Cosbygame isn't till the 19th according to the schedules. Cosby should be getting ready for Rutledge and forget about little ole HAMPTON! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Coach Lunsford is another who wouldn't have put up with that crap. He would have ran the players up and down the hill til they puked if he found out one of em was on here talking trash or if anyone was making a tombstone to disrespect another team's player. One year the Creekers, sent us some black roses. I got one sent to me personally with a picture of the player I was in charge of blocking all night. I kicked his butt and hollered whoooooooo!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> all night long! One of their coaches who left us to coach them taunted me during the week saying that if he had to onside kick, he was going to kick it towards me cause he knew I couldn't handle the pressure. Well, I recoved two of them and proceeded to go to Unaka's sideline and holler whoooooooooooo!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> right in his face. In other words, after the game was over, we all stuck the black roses in our mouths when we "attempted" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> to shake hands. I betcha there were 50 girls standing outside our dressing room looking for the winners. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> The point is, why waste all that time and money on roses and tombstones cause the bottom line is this: we will beat you and we will continue to beat you, because our teams are the best this region has to offer. Our hallways are stacked with championship trophies, and we've always packed the house, because people want to see the best football teams in the area. NOT COSBY, NOT UNAKA, NOT ELIZABETHTON!!! They want to see the Dogs and Landers, cause the boys in Blue own Carter Co. I guess there really is an Alliance at least til we play each other. Cosby!!! Look out!! Your spanking draweth nigh!!!! Whoooooo!!!!!

This makes me wanna puke.Guys Cosby really did have a good football team last year. the reason we were at the house after round one was 9 turnovers( at least). thats not the so called SORRY coaches fault, that was my fault and the rest of my teammates. we wouldnt have beaten RBS with that many turnovers. Just a side note i know high scholl football pretty well and your goin to see the same GOOD Midway team that beat us last year in the 3rd round this year.That will be your 1st big test in the playoffs.

HAHA!!! They had a good team in Region 1 1A, since they didn't play anybody but Hampton. I agree with you about Midway. They are tough this year from what I have heard. If Hampton does not get their head screwed on, they will be heading home a little earlier than usual...

Since you feel everything is good no matter how classless, that's your opinion. The car thing I've seen and I've done it, no problem! But the other stuff was way overboard. If you can honestly tell me you seen this at other schools I would be surprised. I'm sure the fact that coach Shelton admitted his part in this will surely interest the TSSAA officals. And if you would like to make yourself feel better by throwing out childish names,so be it. I'd be willing to bet I was playing football for JC way before you were a twinkle in your mothers eye and I've seen my share of childish pranks and I'm sure I'll see more, but none beats the crap you guys pulled.

Ok where in my post did I throw out childish names? On the other hand you are badly mistaken. Coach Shelton had part in putting up pictures in the field house. I hope he doesnt get busted for that, everyone knows thats a big no-no. You people amaze me. As much as you wish Cosby to be some messed up back-woods place, its just like everyother school. I dont know what you people do in the armpit of Tennessee, but everywhere else you will see banners with interesting things wrote. Every week Maryville hangs a banner or two about the other team along the wall of their home stands facing the road. Leave Carter county my man. Lay off Shelton and the rest of the staff. Who are you to judge? This argument will go on and on though because you will always find things Cosby does wrong. Its like arguing with a 12 year old girl. lol

You people really are sick. Just read your own post. When you put up a tombstone with my son's name on it that's a "threat". I take it serious as a parent. You guys may not. It's not all about winning. What I saw and felt at Cosby went way beyond motivating a group of "kids". I certainly wouldn't want you to coach my son. As I said it's not all about winning. Rivaly and competion is what it's all about. What are you teaching your kids? JC does much more than coach, he teaches the boys about life. What they learn from him they carry with them the rest of their lives.

Well all I ve got to say is stay in Carter County. We dont want your spoiled kids down here. Get the heck off this thread, get on the cheerleading thread and bash Cosby cheerleaders, and quit your wining on this topic. You sound like your son plays on the school chess team. Coach Shelton is a good person. He puts God and School and life way above football. He will tell you that. I learned a lot from him and the rest of the coaches.

I agree. This Shelton/Yoakum combination has been the biggest joke I've ever seen. Not only can they not coach, but they are illiterate and classless. It just to continues to add to the failures of the Cosby football program. The good thing is, Hampton walked out of the nest the champions. Thats all that matters now. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

idk how u can say shelton/yoakum are the bigest joke uve seen when they took a 1-9 football team (whos had that reputation for many years) and turn it around to a 9-1 football team in just 2 years. and as for being classless....coach shelton always puts class before winning...never in the four years ive played at cosby has shelton not respected any of his opponents....he trys to get his boys going down a rite road ...and does a very good job at it. ive never seen him put anything before god and probaly never will. and ive been on the hampton sideline and heard some of the things the coaches say to thier boys. coach shelton wouldnt b caught dead sayin things like that...as for yoakum, hes probaly one of the best defensive minds in the state...no doubt

idk how u can say shelton/yoakum are the bigest joke uve seen when they took a 1-9 football team (whos had that reputation for many years) and turn it around to a 9-1 football team in just 2 years. and as for being classless....coach shelton always puts class before winning...never in the four years ive played at cosby has shelton not respected any of his opponents....he trys to get his boys going down a rite road ...and does a very good job at it. ive never seen him put anything before god and probaly never will. and ive been on the hampton sideline and heard some of the things the coaches say to thier boys. coach shelton wouldnt b caught dead sayin things like that...as for yoakum, hes probaly one of the best defensive minds in the state...no doubt

there are untelling how many coaches in state. please don't talk like he is one of the best coaches in the state. he is probably not anywhere's even close...

Well all I ve got to say is stay in Carter County. We dont want your spoiled kids down here. Get the heck off this thread, get on the cheerleading thread and bash Cosby cheerleaders, and quit your wining on this topic. You sound like your son plays on the school chess team. Coach Shelton is a good person. He puts God and School and life way above football. He will tell you that. I learned a lot from him and the rest of the coaches.

What else do you do to motivate your "football players" sacrifice a goat?

Since you feel everything is good no matter how classless, that's your opinion. The car thing I've seen and I've done it, no problem! But the other stuff was way overboard. If you can honestly tell me you seen this at other schools I would be surprised. I'm sure the fact that coach Shelton admitted his part in this will surely interest the TSSAA officals. And if you would like to make yourself feel better by throwing out childish names,so be it. I'd be willing to bet I was playing football for JC way before you were a twinkle in your mothers eye and I've seen my share of childish pranks and I'm sure I'll see more, but none beats the crap you guys pulled.

I've seen it before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 or 40 years ago. Most coaches learned a long time ago that to do something like that to motivate your team usually works well. Only thing is that it usually motivates the other team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!