Cosby @ Hampton

HHSDAWG

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully the dogs bring their "A" game in this one, and send a message to everyone

dogs roll big in this one /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

AMEN TO THAT I'D LOVE TO SEE THIS TEAM PLAY A COMPLETE BALLGAME! AND PLEASE TACKLE SOMEBODY!

We haven't forgotten the warm reception we got in your house last year!

How will this go?

both were 7-0 goin for the conference championship what kind of reception did you want? i thought it was a great atmosphere. im not lookin for the same type game this year, but dont look for cosby to lay down. i say hampton by a couple of td's jus bein rational. but i bleed blue, go cosby!

We haven't forgotten the warm reception we got in your house last year!

How will this go?

If I were to look at this like a Hampton fan it would sound like this. If Hampton wins big thats what was supposed to happen. If Hampton only wins by two or three scores then yall will say the weather was bad and your best player had a bad bad hangnail on his nose pickin finger. If hampton wins by one score or less then you will declare us the 1A version of Maryville. If Cosby wins then we must have set at the school all week thinking up schemes to intentionally injure your best players and run illegal formations and been luckier than a four leaf clover painted on a horseshoe in a leperchauns pocket. Nobody can ever just be good enough to beat or even play with yall without you having some kind of excuse.

What kind of reception did you want when you rolled into the nest last year. Were we supposed to roll out the red carpet and give all Hampton fans free coffee in the concession stand with a 10$ gas coupon to the BP down the road. You were comin to play a football game , and we were waitin to whip yalls tail. It didn't happen, unfortunately your RB got hurt early and somehow we knew what play yall were gonna run and exactly how to grab the best RB in east TN. in order to put him out of the game on his first carry. Your welcome for that by the way that helped yall beat us and made some of your other players learn to step up and quit watching adam run which is part of the reason yall are where your at right now. I hope yall get all the trophy's and stuff you need this year because it looks like it's rebuilding time for the dogs after this season.

If I were to look at this like a Hampton fan it would sound like this. If Hampton wins big thats what was supposed to happen. If Hampton only wins by two or three scores then yall will say the weather was bad and your best player had a bad bad hangnail on his nose pickin finger. If hampton wins by one score or less then you will declare us the 1A version of Maryville. If Cosby wins then we must have set at the school all week thinking up schemes to intentionally injure your best players and run illegal formations and been luckier than a four leaf clover painted on a horseshoe in a leperchauns pocket. Nobody can ever just be good enough to beat or even play with yall without you having some kind of excuse.

What kind of reception did you want when you rolled into the nest last year. Were we supposed to roll out the red carpet and give all Hampton fans free coffee in the concession stand with a 10$ gas coupon to the BP down the road. You were comin to play a football game , and we were waitin to whip yalls tail. It didn't happen, unfortunately your RB got hurt early and somehow we knew what play yall were gonna run and exactly how to grab the best RB in east TN. in order to put him out of the game on his first carry. Your welcome for that by the way that helped yall beat us and made some of your other players learn to step up and quit watching adam run which is part of the reason yall are where your at right now. I hope yall get all the trophy's and stuff you need this year because it looks like it's rebuilding time for the dogs after this season.

I wasn't referring to the injury to Townsend in any way. Football is football, players get hurt. I was refering to the no class taunting of nameing specific players for injury, If I remember correctly the wonderful players/students/staff/coaches allowed three numbers to be targeted to be put out of the game, numbers belonging to Adam Townsend, Steven Roop and Mike Lunceford. This is something I have never saw at any other school at any level of play in my 30+ years of attending High School football. If you see anything like that from anyone here in Hampton, just be sure to let one of our coaching staff know about, it will not be tolerated. Am I condeming all of the loyal fans of Cosby, NO WAY!! I know there are a lot of good dedicated fans down there who were probably just as upset with this practice as we were. Now I hope you can see the meaning of not in our house!!

hampton loses a lot but they have a lot of very good young players on the team. there was an article in the paper after hampton's beat down uf unaka about how everyone thought hampton was going to be down next year. it talked about how everyone should not think that at all. now by no means do i think they will be competing for a state championship. that is out of the question and would be ludicrous to think that. but they might very well have the best team in the conference next year. unaka loses everything they have (they didnt have much to begin with), cloudland loses their QB but i think they return a lot, and i dont know about cosby but they will probably be better, i think jellico will be down cuz someone sayed they started 8 seniors this year, sure that Grace will be better next year. if you think the conference is competitive this year, i cant wait to see it next year...

I wasn't referring to the injury to Townsend in any way. Football is football, players get hurt. I was refering to the no class taunting of nameing specific players for injury, If I remember correctly the wonderful players/students/staff/coaches allowed three numbers to be targeted to be put out of the game, numbers belonging to Adam Townsend, Steven Roop and Mike Lunceford. This is something I have never saw at any other school at any level of play in my 30+ years of attending High School football. If you see anything like that from anyone here in Hampton, just be sure to let one of our coaching staff know about, it will not be tolerated. Am I condeming all of the loyal fans of Cosby, NO WAY!! I know there are a lot of good dedicated fans down there who were probably just as upset with this practice as we were. Now I hope you can see the meaning of not in our house!!

ok lets get something straight. WE DID NOT TARGET ANYONE IN ORDER TO HURT THEM!!!!!! WE ONLY STATED ALL WEEK TO OUR KIDS THAT WE NEED TO QUOTE "TAKE THEM OUT OF THEIR GAME!!!!!!" AND THAT WAS DIRECTED ONLY AT TOWNSEND AND LYONS!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS THE 2 PICS YOU MAY HAVE SEEN ON THE DOOR OF THE FIELD HOUSE!!!!!!!! WE NEVER AND WILL NEVER LOOK TO HURT ANOTHER PLAYER NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!! WE WANT TO PLAY THE BEST THAT ANY TEAM HAS TO OFFER!!!!!!!! SO GET YOUR STORY STRIAGHT BUDDY!!!!!!! I MADE THE PICS, I MADE THE SIGNS, AND I KNOW THAT THE INTENT WAS: MOTIVATION MOTIVATION MOTIVATION!!!!!!!!!! AND IF I SEE OR HEAR ANYONE TALKING ABOUT TAKING ANY OF MY KIDS OUT OF THEIR GAME I WANT SAY A THING EXCEPT MOTIVATION MOTIVATION!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY IF YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN VISUAL MOTIVATORS BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COACH SHELTON

COSBY HIGH SCHOOL