Giles County @ Page

irishluck

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that Page put Neel back at quarterback last week in the game against CW.

Thanks #62. Folks I will be there on Thursday night. Come on by and say hello!!!!

BC: Are you still going to the game tonight? I'm considering going myself. I may need a body guard tonight, if Bulldog is in attendance.

BC: Are you still going to the game tonight? I'm considering going myself. I may need a body guard tonight, if Bulldog is in attendance.

vandy1 -- I used to feel the same way.

I have learned that bulldog69 is very passionate about Page High sports, football in general. After a few conversations with him I have learned that he has a much louder bark than he has bite. But there again that is coming from a PUBLIC school fan.

Ohh.....I am going to be there all right.......looking forward to seeing BC and others....as for you Vandy 1.....I will make an exception and only carry number 8 buckshot. It only stings for a while. By the way, a bodyguard wouldn't help you at this field.....I'll have the Rudderville gang on standby.

I will look for you in the end zone area by the concession stand BC....now vandy 1 just wear a bull's eye where you will be seen for miles....by the way aren't you "slumming it" by coming out there to see two country teams.

I will be real easy to find...I'll have on a Page hat..lol.....and when you first see me I will be about 6'2" and 250 then when I see vandy 1 I will swell up to 6'8" about 295...In fact I will be incognito again due to ????

Ohh.....I am going to be there all right.......looking forward to seeing BC and others....as for you Vandy 1.....I will make an exception and only carry number 8 buckshot. It only stings for a while. By the way, a bodyguard wouldn't help you at this field.....I'll have the Rudderville gang on standby.

I will look for you in the end zone area by the concession stand BC....now vandy 1 just wear a bull's eye where you will be seen for miles....by the way aren't you "slumming it" by coming out there to see two country teams.

I will be real easy to find...I'll have on a Page hat..lol.....and when you first see me I will be about 6'2" and 250 then when I see vandy 1 I will swell up to 6'8" about 295...In fact I will be incognito again due to ????

FYI: My family is from Triune. Guess it must be considered the suburb to Rudderville.

Man...have you got it backwards......Triune has a convenience store, an antique place, shops, and a nice 840 exchange. Rudderville has a country store and a few dozen cows to go along with some horses. Rudderville was never a thriving metropolis like Triune....all the big money is in Triune.

I was trying to be nice.

Triune is the crossroads of the world --

North to Nolensville --

West to Arrington --

East to Blackman --

South to College Grove --

A man could almost get lost in Triune /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

bulldog -- you forgot to mention the Triune Flea Market

35-14 Giles Co. beats Page tonight.

As you all know I have been on board the Giles Co. bandwagon all season long. I believe Coach O'Connor and his staff have done a great job since arriving at GCHS. This season Giles Co. is now 6-1 (4-0) and are going to be a playoff team no doubt about it. Tonight assured this as Giles is now officially locked into the postseason since they hold head-to-head tiebreakers against Cheatham, Page, Spring HIll, & Montgomery Central.

HOWEVER.......................

I can't explain why exactly but it seems like Giles Co. has been somewhat sloppy of late. Tonight against Page they come out right off the bat and hit a big play on a playaction-reverse pass. This put them in scoring position right away as Houston capped off the drive with a TD run to make it 7-0. Page came RIGHT BACK and answered against the Giles defense when Neel hit Dowd for a TD pass. 7-7 was the score at this point. Giles answered that with two scores before halftime. The first of those two came when Wallace hit Turner for a wide open TD pass off of the boot action. Wallace took the second one in himself and made it a 22-7 game at the half. In the third Giles added to the lead when Harney took a tight end reverse play down deep into Page territory and then Wallace scored his second rushing TD on the night off of the boot action when he scored from about ten yards out. The two point attempt failed and Giles led 28-7. Did they go for the throat and put what seemed to be a "down Page Patriots" bunch out of their misery???????? NO!!!! Giles allowed Page to hit a couple of deep passes and then Neel sneaked into the endzone and the PAT made it a 28-14 Giles Co. lead at the end of three quarters. In the final period Page mounted two excellent drives against a Giles defense that was tired and exhausted. Why????? GILES COUNTY COULD NOT RUN THE FOOTBALL TO SAME THEIR LIVES IN THE SECOND HALF!!!!! Excluding the final drive of the game the Houstons, Wallace, Reynolds, and anyone else for GC that ran the ball got killed in the backfield by what seemed like the entire Page defense. The Giles defense came up big a couple of times when they needed to and then in the final moments of the game Houston scored a meaningless TD to make the final score Giles 35-14 winners over a gritty Page bunch.

In their last five games what is to be thought of Giles Co. really and truly????? They rolled against Cheatham Co., Montgomery Central, & Spring Hill /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> In the game against Columbia Central they were manhandled and lost by a big margain. In the game tonight they were whipped in the second half by a Page team that is 1-6 this season. GILES COUNTY NEEDS TO DO SOME SOUL SEARCHING AND GET THE SHIP RIGHTED AND STOP LISTENING & READING ABOUT ALL OF THEIR PRESS!!!!! The next three games are against Lipscomb, Creek Wood, & Marshall Co. We are about to find out whether Giles Co. is going to be playing postseason games at home as a possible region champion this November or whether they are going to be doing some traveling as a low seeded playoff team that doesn't hang around very long. The "warm-ups" are OVER!!!!

Bo Wallace is a great player for Giles Co. It's again hard to believe that the young man is ONLY A SOPHOMORE!!!! He plays with reckless abandon and makes plays for his team. Quon Reynolds is a great defensive player for Giles Co. He is the smallest guy on the field and plays with 100% effort all the time and has great heart. He is the real true leader on that football team IMO. Guys like Perez & Dangerfield should start playing with Reynolds effort on every play because if not it will all be over in a couple of weeks and regret is something very difficult to live with for the rest of your life when thinking about this sport.

Page is playing better just ask Creek Wood. The Patriots are building slowly but surely under Jack Daniels & Co. Giles is rolling right on along and this is one of those "trap road games" that the Bobcats can't overlook on their way to a home showdown with Lipscomb in two weeks.

Is it true that this one is Thursday night????? I may make the drive to Page and watch this one because I certainly don't have anything better to do on Thursday evenings.

Giles Co.: 35

Page: 14

Did I call this one or what folks????? Tonight's final score:

Giles: 35

Page: 14

The Bobcats seemed a bit flat on a short week but got it done anyway behind a 2TD rushing performance from both Wallace & Houston. Page played with great effort. Neel, Dowd, & Lankford are all exceptional football players. The Patriots will be a team to look for next year GUARANTEED!!!!

Giles is 6-1 (4-0) and now they get to have an extended weekend to prepare for the David Lipscomb Mustangs. Wouldn't be shocked to see some black & gold walking around at the Lipscomb-Creek Wood game tomorrow night considering that Giles plays them both in the coming weeks.