Henry Co. vs Brighton

BigRedForLife

I'm a devoted henry county fan myself. but, i've said it all year that we really haven't been tested other than little 2a westview and they flat kicked our tail. Dickson was decent but hasn't beat a team with a winning record and all the other teams have just been pitiful (no offense to the other teams) and our region isn't really that strong. So if henry Co. shows up ready to play there is no team in our region that has a chance. but, if we think we can just show up these teams are good enough where they'll kick our tail so we must be ready to play. As, for region 8 their top teams are pretty tough. Fairley is good and almost beat white station two weeks ago, kingsbury has gotten alot better. they have one of the best rb's in all of west tn. as for melrose, their defense is stout. it will be hard for anybody to score on them. all they have to do is get their offense rolling and they'll have a very tough team.

If you are a devoted Henry County fan, then get your facts straight. Last I looked, Westview beat your team while gaining only 20-25 more yards than your team gained. When I was coaching, it was "fans" like you that I felt like we could do without. Westview beat your team, but were the recipients of two basically unforced fumbles, and outgained your team by less than 30 yards. That hardly seems like a "flat out tail kicking"! You have spent your time on here downing the opponents of your team and talking about a "tail kicking" that never happened. You are quite a fan. Maybe a "tail kicking" has a different definition here, as opposed to in Mississippi.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to disagree with Brighton's running back being the best running back in west TN. He is good, but most of those yards he has gotten has come against patsy teams. Even Munfords defense is suspect. The Mann kid from North Side has over 1200 yards and he has faced a quality opponent every week. North Sides' opponents combined record is 27-10. No team that North Side has played has a losing record. I would take Mann over Williams and I have seen both of them twice. Against Munford, Mann rushed for over 200 yards and North Side had three starteers on the offensive line out. Against Brighton, Mann had around 265 yards. Against Hardin County he was held to 175 yards but only had one carry in the 4th quarter due to injury.

From talking to a few coaches that have played Mann and Williams, they also think the Mann kid is the better. They are both good but Mann seems to have the edge. Henry's back looks like a grown man. When talking about the best back in the region you have to put him at or near the top. Also, you are correct in saying Munford's defense is suspect. There is a lack of talent for them especially on that side of the ball. Scheme is the only reason they have done as well as they have. If I were playing them, I'd line up in the I and play smash mouth. Henry should be able to do that well when they match up.

If you are a devoted Henry County fan, then get your facts straight. Last I looked, Westview beat your team while gaining only 20-25 more yards than your team gained. When I was coaching, it was "fans" like you that I felt like we could do without. Westview beat your team, but were the recipients of two basically unforced fumbles, and outgained your team by less than 30 yards. That hardly seems like a "flat out tail kicking"! You have spent your time on here downing the opponents of your team and talking about a "tail kicking" that never happened. You are quite a fan. Maybe a "tail kicking" has a different definition here, as opposed to in Mississippi.

It definetly was not a tail whipping by no means

I will have to agree with you Red Warrior. It wasn't so much as a tail kicking as it was HC walking away from the game with its tail between its legs. After watching last weeks game, I believe that the Patriots are starting to gel more and more. The "Westview Lesson" needed to be learned. Though JCM was not up to par, HC clearly executed their assignments both offense and defense to a T (with the exception of the lone TD). Both Coach Gaddis and Team know that this is the part of the season that counts. Preparation and improvement are paramount...

I've looked at the schedules of both teams and JNS has played teams with better records then Brighton. Two of these teams are 3A teams ... Dyersburg and Ripley. I'm not going to take anything away from either of those teams, but I will say that the level of competetion isn't that much greater then what Brighton has faced. You can take Mann ... I'll take Deundre ... we both have really good RB's. What you have stated neither proves my statement wrong or right. It does state that in your opinon, you think Mann is better because the teams that he has faced have winning records. By those standards ... The RB at Kingsburry is the best in the west becuse he's ammased over 1200 yards going against the likes of Melrose, MUS, Haywood, Germantown, and Fairley. I didn't. I still think Deundre is the best ... but there is definately room for others to stake the claim as well.

Well according to COACHT, North Side's schedule strength is 2nd in the state. Brighton's is ranked 59th.

From talking to a few coaches that have played Mann and Williams, they also think the Mann kid is the better. They are both good but Mann seems to have the edge. Henry's back looks like a grown man. When talking about the best back in the region you have to put him at or near the top. Also, you are correct in saying Munford's defense is suspect. There is a lack of talent for them especially on that side of the ball. Scheme is the only reason they have done as well as they have. If I were playing them, I'd line up in the I and play smash mouth. Henry should be able to do that well when they match up.

I agree formerCoach, #34 for HC is at or near the top. He only has half the yardage these guys do but only played in the first half or first quarter only in three of the games! He still has something like 14 TD's at this point which is impressive. Allen is just a different kind of back than Williams or Mann. All three are great.

Well according to COACHT, North Side's schedule strength is 2nd in the state. Brighton's is ranked 59th.

Well ... let me just shut my mouth then. JNS schedule is the 2nd in strength in the state. Therefore ... Mann's accomplishments should outweigh those of Williams. My lil ole personal opinion means squat. Kudos Hermit ... Mann is the better back. According to your criteria, Mann is better. So, you take Mann ... I'll take Deundre or maybe Hunter @ Kingsbury.

Yes bhs, you and me both! From what I can tell, it seems that #4 is a bit predictable. But there is another back that seemed to be pretty good too. Was it #38? He seems to be a bigger sized back. How did #4 do against Hardin County? On the other thread (Brighton vs. Munford) there was mention about trying to make HC one-dimensional. That is a very difficult task. It will be interesting to see how the Cardinal Defense can hold up to the triple threat, which includes pounding punishment from #34.

Williams had 196 yards and 2 touchdowns against Hardin Co. I know it will be very tough for Brighton to make Henry Co. one dimensional. If Henry Co. establishes a running game then it could be a long night for Brighton. I also think Brighton is going to have to open it up a little for deundre to have a big game. Maybe a trick play mixed in everyonce in a while. On the topic of the best back in the region.... Ive seen the mann kid and he is a very elusive back. He is quick and a very good RB. I havent seen Henry Co's back so i cant make a judgement on him. I think Deundre has done pretty good considering Brighton doesnt have much of a passing game and everyone stacks the line agaisnt him. Deundre has great vision and seems to make big play after big play. The region seems to have plenty of good backs tho.

Well ... let me just shut my mouth then. JNS schedule is the 2nd in strength in the state. Therefore ... Mann's accomplishments should outweigh those of Williams. My lil ole personal opinion means squat. Kudos Hermit ... Mann is the better back. According to your criteria, Mann is better. So, you take Mann ... I'll take Deundre or maybe Hunter @ Kingsbury.

IYO who has the better offensive line NS or BHS?

i know this is off the subject but dickson county might lose a few more games. I heard there stud reciever might be out for the season. I dont know if this is true but someone from dickson county told me. And as for our "bull" bein the top rb. His yards dont show it but i think its been 4 games he hasnt played in the second half and still has 14 td's.

Does anybody from Henry County know how many td's dominique had his freshman year. I know he only played a few games but he had a coming out party against brighton 2 years ago. I know the past 2 years he has 27 and the record is 32 for a career at henry county. I just wanted to know how close he is to that record. I think he might break the most td's in a season on friday.

i know this is off the subject but dickson county might lose a few more games. I heard there stud reciever might be out for the season. I dont know if this is true but someone from dickson county told me. And as for our "bull" bein the top rb. His yards dont show it but i think its been 4 games he hasnt played in the second half and still has 14 td's.

Does anybody from Henry County know how many td's dominique had his freshman year. I know he only played a few games but he had a coming out party against brighton 2 years ago. I know the past 2 years he has 27 and the record is 32 for a career at henry county. I just wanted to know how close he is to that record. I think he might break the most td's in a season on friday.

He is going to own many Pats records when his HS days are over. I think he has something like 325 or more yards in two games against BHS.