Henry Co. vs Brighton

BigRedForLife

I thought our crowd was small compared to what we usually bring. Brighton is farther and starts earlier. We need to be there.

You are correct RedPride, we must be there for them and this one is harder to get to on top of being earlier. As for the crowd last week, it wasn't bad. We seemed quite spread out. But I also know of several people who said that they were going to make the trip just because they didn't want to drive down even though a bus was available. If I remember correct, the Brighton Visitors side was quite small compared with most we visit. We need to be loud!!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cephus, I was shocked that nobody came up and asked me for any of my zombie juice...hehehehe!! I even had some in a Mason jar just for the Legendary Yanker. I think that he could have used it after the game. This week's potion will be even better...or stronger depending on how you judge it.

Cephus, I was shocked that nobody came up and asked me for any of my zombie juice...hehehehe!! I even had some in a Mason jar just for the Legendary Yanker. I think that he could have used it after the game. This week's potion will be even better...or stronger depending on how you judge it.

Heck, I got a buzz just from the fumes passing by! You will need a special concoction for this week. Probably some ingredients would include red tail feathers, yellow beak, and a crow's foot just for #4.

Calm down a little bit. Henry Counties' region wins came against two horrible teams. Beating JCM really isn't that great of an accomplishment this year. Throw in Treadwell and Northwest and of course the stats will be skewed toward the Patriots. Yes this is a good team, but there are still weaknesses that must be addressed if they aspire to the same level as last year's group.

As far as the region goes, I think it is fair to say that the region as a whole is down. Although it's still early, JCM and Liberty are pitiful, Northside is one-dimensional, Hardin Co. is disappointing, Brighton is an unknown now after their win, and both Henry Co. and Munford don't appear to be as good as last year. Luckily for region 7, it also appears that region 8 is having their difficulties with the mess going on at Melrose. So while I won't disagree that the top 3 teams could all beat each other on a given night, the bottom half of the region really does drag it down a notch. It's not like this region is similar to region 6 AAAAA from last year.

As there is little evidence to say that the Henry county team is as good as last years team due to the schedule, there is little evidence to say they are not as good,

Haha. #4 will be ready! im excited to see how this game turns out!

Yes bhs, you and me both! From what I can tell, it seems that #4 is a bit predictable. But there is another back that seemed to be pretty good too. Was it #38? He seems to be a bigger sized back. How did #4 do against Hardin County? On the other thread (Brighton vs. Munford) there was mention about trying to make HC one-dimensional. That is a very difficult task. It will be interesting to see how the Cardinal Defense can hold up to the triple threat, which includes pounding punishment from #34.

Melrose is going through some changes under the new coach ... it's his second year and he is putting his stamp on things, naturally, there is going to be some disention ... it comes with the territory. But region 8 is a three headed monster right now. Kingsbury beat Melrose ... Fairley beat Kingsbury (in a high scoring battle) and Fairley and Melrose still have each other to play. If you go look at Melrose' record on CoachT, you will notice that they have lost 3 games by a total of 8 points ... (1, 1, & 6 point losses). Kingsbury is 4-3 now and Fairley is 5-2. All three teams lost to really good teams ... Even the Mitchell loss for Melrose is VERY misleading. I'm not trying to say that Melrose is the end-all or anything like that ... But I am saying this. Region 8-4A has three REALLY good teams. Melrose hasn't slipped that far ... look at their schedule ... you will see of the three ... they have the best defense ... defense carries your team when the offense isn't clicking. Teams just don't score a lot of points against them, and these are very good teams they held in check. All i'm saying is don't be fooled. I know there has been talk of turmoil at Melrose ... again, don't be fooled ... Come playoff time ... all three will be nightmares to face. I figure ... 7-4A will be similar ... especially with that RB over at Brighton. He's the best RB in west Tennessee right now, bar none, in EVERY classification! End of story. He racked up 300 yards on Munford this past Friday, and he's up to 1300 yards ALREADY for the season. Henry County, Munford, Hardin County and Brighton are going to be nightmares as well. This is going to be interesting.

I would have to disagree with Brighton's running back being the best running back in west TN. He is good, but most of those yards he has gotten has come against patsy teams. Even Munfords defense is suspect. The Mann kid from North Side has over 1200 yards and he has faced a quality opponent every week. North Sides' opponents combined record is 27-10. No team that North Side has played has a losing record. I would take Mann over Williams and I have seen both of them twice. Against Munford, Mann rushed for over 200 yards and North Side had three starteers on the offensive line out. Against Brighton, Mann had around 265 yards. Against Hardin County he was held to 175 yards but only had one carry in the 4th quarter due to injury.

I'm a devoted henry county fan myself. but, i've said it all year that we really haven't been tested other than little 2a westview and they flat kicked our tail. Dickson was decent but hasn't beat a team with a winning record and all the other teams have just been pitiful (no offense to the other teams) and our region isn't really that strong. So if henry Co. shows up ready to play there is no team in our region that has a chance. but, if we think we can just show up these teams are good enough where they'll kick our tail so we must be ready to play. As, for region 8 their top teams are pretty tough. Fairley is good and almost beat white station two weeks ago, kingsbury has gotten alot better. they have one of the best rb's in all of west tn. as for melrose, their defense is stout. it will be hard for anybody to score on them. all they have to do is get their offense rolling and they'll have a very tough team.

I would have to disagree with Brighton's running back being the best running back in west TN. He is good, but most of those yards he has gotten has come against patsy teams. Even Munfords defense is suspect. The Mann kid from North Side has over 1200 yards and he has faced a quality opponent every week. North Sides' opponents combined record is 27-10. No team that North Side has played has a losing record. I would take Mann over Williams and I have seen both of them twice. Against Munford, Mann rushed for over 200 yards and North Side had three starteers on the offensive line out.

I've looked at the schedules of both teams and JNS has played teams with better records then Brighton. Two of these teams are 3A teams ... Dyersburg and Ripley. I'm not going to take anything away from either of those teams, but I will say that the level of competetion isn't that much greater then what Brighton has faced. You can take Mann ... I'll take Deundre ... we both have really good RB's. What you have stated neither proves my statement wrong or right. It does state that in your opinon, you think Mann is better because the teams that he has faced have winning records. By those standards ... The RB at Kingsburry is the best in the west becuse he's ammased over 1200 yards going against the likes of Melrose, MUS, Haywood, Germantown, and Fairley. I didn't. I still think Deundre is the best ... but there is definately room for others to stake the claim as well.

Dickson was decent but hasn't beat a team with a winning record

That's somewhat misleading. They're in first place in one of the most competitive regions in the state, I think that counts for something.

And as far as whether they're as good as last year's team, I suppose it is irrelevant. However I will say that the loss of both defensive ends and the starting offensive line from last year's team is something that will be hard to replace.

That's somewhat misleading. They're in first place in one of the most competitive regions in the state, I think that counts for something.

And as far as whether they're as good as last year's team, I suppose it is irrelevant. However I will say that the loss of both defensive ends and the starting offensive line from last year's team is something that will be hard to replace.

It appears to me that the most important thing that matters is which team show up to play on Friday night no matter what their record or who they are playing or what class they are in.

Very hard to replace indeed, so was it hard to replace McNairl, but it has been done at all positions, the team I see on the field looks very similar to the team of last year, a few different strengths and a few different weaknesses. There is not a measuring stick that can measure two teams. I will take this years team because they are still alive and the team from last year can move forward no more.