Henry Co. vs Brighton

BigRedForLife

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Pats... I was reading Brighton game starts at 7... Don't be late!!

I think it will be a close game since Henry Co. is making the long trip. Both teams are coming off good wins. If Henry Co. shuts down the run it will be a long night for the cards but no one has really shut down the run all year. Hopefully Deundre Willaims has another big game and the Cards pull off another shocker!

I don't know who this BHS dude thinks he is.....but being a HCHS player, i can honestly say that HC is goin to kick some tail on Brighton's home turf.....we're averaging 36.8 points per game while our opponents are averaging 11.3 yards a game....do the math son......we're outscoring everybody by 4 touchdowns this year.....HCHS goin to the state baby!!![/size]

I do realize that Henry Co. is the favorite and they are a very good team, but i do think the long trip makes this a tougher game and if i remember correctly Henry Co. was upset by Munford last year in Munford. Im just predicting a closer game than most might think.

I don't know who this BHS dude thinks he is.....but being a HCHS player, i can honestly say that HC is goin to kick some tail on Brighton's home turf.....we're averaging 36.8 points per game while our opponents are averaging 11.3 yards a game....do the math son......we're outscoring everybody by 4 touchdowns this year.....HCHS goin to the state baby!!![/size]

I am a 100% HCHS supporter, but I don' think this "BHS dude' is being rude. I have seen them play and, after Westview, Dickson Co., and JCM, know that anything is possible. We have to play our best, and even though we beat the stuffing out of JCM and could have won by more without our third team in, I am aware that our region is more topsy-turvy than any I have seen in quite some time. Yet again, I am not confident enough to say we will win Friday nor am I sceptical enough to say we will not. Stay focused, guys. Everyone says our region is down this year. I think it is just the opposite. I think it is a scary region to be playing in because anything can happen week to week. Go Big Red!

Yanker, I hope you and your dad are doing well. JCM has loads of talent, but someone in charge needs to do something to help those kids, academically, athletically,etc. It was sad to see what has happened to the once- great school, from the team to the number of kids in the band, etc. The JCM football players were down by 40 plus and were yelling across the field to HCHS players things like, "You are scared of us. You are going down," etc. They were extremely arrogant. I had a hard time trying to figure that out with their record and the score at the time. I was shocked at the arrogance displayed by a team who has been so unsuccessful thus far. I know they are taught better, but I believe they think they are in still in their glory days. Many of these young men seem to have no respect for discipline. Even Hardin is quoted in the Jackson Sun as saying HC did not win the game but JCM lost the game. Bless his heart; he was not at the same game I was. I am a sensitive person but found it hard to feel sorry for a bunch of guys with such negative attitudes. These are sixteen-year-old kids, so I tried to understand. I also believe that Coach Hampton is a good man. Where is this negative attitude, smart-mouthing while losing attitude coming from? I never want to run the score up but between the mouthing off by the players and the past records, I almost wish the mercy rule did not exist. We could probably have won by seventy or eighty points if there were no mercy rule and if we had kept our first team in.

I believe in the JCM coach. I believe in all kids. I believe JCM needs some help so that these students can be successful both on and off the playing field. I believe those in charge need to stand up for our future. Obviously, I am glad HC won because I am 100% faithful to the Big Red; however, I believe in all young people, and we either need to do all we can to help them or expect to see them on the streets.

Little confident arent we jaymac?..Yall have yet to play the tops teams in your region you might want to keep that in mind.. also the only true test i think yall have had is the Westview game an well ya no how that went.. im not trying to be a HC hater or anything because i know yall are good.. but start bragging when you beat up on somebody thats worthwhile..

I am a 100% HCHS supporter, but I don' think this "BHS dude' is being rude. I have seen them play and, after Westview, Dickson Co., and JCM, know that anything is possible. We have to play our best, and even though we beat the stuffing out of JCM and could have won by more without our third team in, I am aware that our region is more topsy-turvy than any I have seen in quite some time. Yet again, I am not confident enough to say we will win Friday nor am I sceptical enough to say we will not. Stay focused, guys. Everyone says our region is down this year. I think it is just the opposite. I think it is a scary region to be playing in because anything can happen week to week. Go Big Red!

Yanker, I hope you and your dad are doing well. JCM has loads of talent, but someone in charge needs to do something to help those kids, academically, athletically,etc.(I read in the paper on Saturday that students were complaining about having 25 kids in their class at Liberty. I have heard that many HCHS teachers have 30+ students in each class.) It was sad to see what has happened to the once- great school, from the team to the number of kids in the band, etc. The JCM football players were down by 40 plus and were yelling across the field to HCHS players things like, "You are scared of us. You are going down," etc. They were extremely arrogant. I had a hard time trying to figure that out with their record and the score at the time. I was shocked at the arrogance displayed by a team who has been so unsuccessful thus far. I know they are taught better, but I believe they think they are in still in their glory days. Many of these young men seem to have no respect for discipline. Even Hardin is quoted in the Jackson Sun as saying HC did not win the game but JCM lost the game. Bless his heart; he was not at the same game I was. I am a sensitive person but found it hard to feel sorry for a bunch of guys with such negative attitudes. These are sixteen-year-old kids, so I tried to understand. I also believe that Coach Hampton is a good man. Where is this negative attitude, smart-mouthing while losing attitude coming from? I never want to run the score up but between the mouthing off by the players and the past records, I almost wish the mercy rule did not exist. We could probably have won by seventy or eighty points if there were no mercy rule and if we had kept our first team in.

I believe in the JCM coach. I believe in all kids. I believe JCM needs some help so that these students can be successful both on and off the playing field. I believe those in charge need to stand up for our future. Obviously, I am glad HC won because I am 100% faithful to the Big Red; however, I believe in all young people, and we either need to do all we can to help them or expect to see them on the streets.

I agree on the Region. The top 4 maybe 5 could beat the other any Friday. We will see how they compare to Reg 8 after 10 games. You should not be shocked at their preceived arrogance, their FB program is really struggling last 2 years. JCM is a school that has slowly went from over 1,000 kids to under 700. Its an exodus to leave. Will their be in anybody left 5 years from now? Yanker I know you will read this but what RRP observed in JCM players is what toughness brings you I hope Pats never become tough like that!!!

Calm down a little bit. Henry Counties' region wins came against two horrible teams. Beating JCM really isn't that great of an accomplishment this year. Throw in Treadwell and Northwest and of course the stats will be skewed toward the Patriots. Yes this is a good team, but there are still weaknesses that must be addressed if they aspire to the same level as last year's group.

As far as the region goes, I think it is fair to say that the region as a whole is down. Although it's still early, JCM and Liberty are pitiful, Northside is one-dimensional, Hardin Co. is disappointing, Brighton is an unknown now after their win, and both Henry Co. and Munford don't appear to be as good as last year. Luckily for region 7, it also appears that region 8 is having their difficulties with the mess going on at Melrose. So while I won't disagree that the top 3 teams could all beat each other on a given night, the bottom half of the region really does drag it down a notch. It's not like this region is similar to region 6 AAAAA from last year.