Johnson County vs. TN. High

jeep1367

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Stubbs is not showing his cards until he has to ( South game ). May be a smart move on his part. I expect him to do more of the same next week if he can get away with it, but maybe that will be enough for JC to get the "W".

I say TH by 10 - say about 24-14.

Before the season began I thought JC had the horses to pull the upset.

After I have seen them this year I am not so sure. Can they throw the ball well enough? I don't know.

THS is vulnerable. As the season progresses, they have become increasingly one dimensional. They would have lost the SH game if Gilligan had kicked the chip shot field goal late in the the 3rd quarter.

I think THS by 7.

Before the season began I thought JC had the horses to pull the upset.

After I have seen them this year I am not so sure. Can they throw the ball well enough? I don't know.

THS is vulnerable. As the season progresses, they have become increasingly one dimensional. They would have lost the SH game if Gilligan had kicked the chip shot field goal late in the the 3rd quarter.

I think THS by 7.

By the same token, if THS didn't play conservatively all night long Science Hill wouldn't have been in contention during the final minutes of the 4th quarter. If Tennessee gave the ball to Baker or Bible instead of running the option inside the 10 yard line whose to say that the Vikings wouldn't have scored? Or if they kicked a field goal instead of the qb sneak which was the coach's fault for attempting to draw the Hill offsides when THS was out of timeouts. By that same token, the Vikings could've won 20-10. But you know what they say about if's and but's.

As far as the Johnson County game, THS better come to play because the Longhorns have been knocking on the door for the past two years.

This one's for Cap, Vikes by 17! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As long as they (THS) don't get caught up in just running the ball, but if the Vikes let the Horns keep it close WATCH OUT Johnson Co. has got some kind of kicker. JC will kick the chip shots, ( and for this kid that could be anything inside the 30) unlike the Toppers!

Anybody from Johnson Co. have a clue what offers your kicker might have as of yet?

Good Luck to the Vikes and the Horns! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This one's for Cap, Vikes by 17! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As long as they (THS) don't get caught up in just running the ball, but if the Vikes let the Horns keep it close WATCH OUT Johnson Co. has got some kind of kicker. JC will kick the chip shots, ( and for this kid that could be anything inside the 30) unlike the Toppers!

Anybody from Johnson Co. have a clue what offers your kicker might have as of yet?

Good Luck to the Vikes and the Horns! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

None that I am aware of as of yet. That probably is because he is a junior. You are wrong on us kicking the chip shots though. Everyone was begging for us to do it Friday against Unicoi in the 4th quarter to go up by three scores but we went for it on 4th down and got stopped. Left it at a 14-0 game with around 7 minutes to go. It would have been about a 20 yarder.

I,m with Stubbs on this one: no emotion ,no hitting, no tackling, no blocking, and just enough effort to get by on. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> But cap I see were your coming from, we could have thrown at will all night, but as stubborn as he is(stubbs) he was going to run or die.

As for Canty its hard to make reads when your recievers are predetermend by the pass play called(i don,t think he has that option) hard to believe I know. But I was at practice on day and i ask that very question the answer I got was what i just descibed. thats just prehistoric football if you ask me.

And anouther thing that drives me nuts is this subbing 2 or 3 receivers every single play I understand someone bringing in a play ,but put your best on the field and LET'EM PLAY!

And Cap i,m with you get someone in here to put in a MODERN passing game enough of this middle school passing attack. There is way to much talent at wr now for this kid stuff. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I understand that Mason doesn’t throw the ball particularly well during practice and that probably concerns the coaches and keeps them from throwing the ball in the game as much as they would like to. To that I say…Taylor will be back this week so go with whoever is able to pass the ball more effectively, because you can pick just about anybody to hand the ball of to Baker. Not being able to mix it up and keep the opposing defense honest is what is keeping us from being more efficient on offense. In the past our QB has been able to keep the defense honest with the threat of the QB sneak (which has been VERY effective the last two years with D. Thomas and D. Booher). Mason has been very hesitant to run the ball. Having a QB that can get it done with the run is a BIG plus at this level AND the next. And what about Wilson at receiver…he seems to be able to get behind the defensive backs with little effort. I think we may be overlooking a playmaker from the looks of it in the North game. But that comes back to letting the QB make his reads instead of predetermining who the ball will go to in the huddle /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> (that is so ridiculous its funny). /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OK in a nutshell…JC won’t have anymore success run against our defense anymore than anyone else has, but they will try to stretch the secondary with Prudhomme. Another concern for the Vikings is poor special teams play. I hold my breath on every kickoff and punt return. JC seems to catch teams at just the wrong time. The Vikings have A LOT to prove not only to themselves but to the rest of the conference (especially South). Being 3-0 in conference play says we are what we claim to be, but SPANKING someone shows it. This will be a statement game. I would say that the Science Hill game was our statement but as good of a team as they could potentially be, it’s the same old story from the Toppers and they haven’t followed through with showing that they can beat ANYBODY. I think the Vikings will pull out the stops and have a decisive win over the Longhorns. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

None that I am aware of as of yet. That probably is because he is a junior. You are wrong on us kicking the chip shots though. Everyone was begging for us to do it Friday against Unicoi in the 4th quarter to go up by three scores but we went for it on 4th down and got stopped. Left it at a 14-0 game with around 7 minutes to go. It would have been about a 20 yarder.

With Unicoi's offense crawling if not outright stalling, you can't half blame him can you, mtnmaroon? This will be a great game. I was very impressed with JC's total athleticism, but I don't know if they have enough bodies to slug it out with THigh for four quarters. For that reason- I have to give THigh the 10 point edge.

With Unicoi's offense crawling if not outright stalling, you can't half blame him can you, mtnmaroon? This will be a great game. I was very impressed with JC's total athleticism, but I don't know if they have enough bodies to slug it out with THigh for four quarters. For that reason- I have to give THigh the 10 point edge.

I have to agree. Tn High has more debth and bigger harder hitters on D. I say its a close game until the half then Tn High runs away with it. TN High by 14+

I understand that Mason doesn?t throw the ball particularly well during practice and that probably concerns the coaches and keeps them from throwing the ball in the game as much as they would like to. To that I say?Taylor will be back this week so go with whoever is able to pass the ball more effectively, because you can pick just about anybody to hand the ball of to Baker. Not being able to mix it up and keep the opposing defense honest is what is keeping us from being more efficient on offense. In the past our QB has been able to keep the defense honest with the threat of the QB sneak (which has been VERY effective the last two years with D. Thomas and D. Booher). Mason has been very hesitant to run the ball. Having a QB that can get it done with the run is a BIG plus at this level AND the next. And what about Wilson at receiver?he seems to be able to get behind the defensive backs with little effort. I think we may be overlooking a playmaker from the looks of it in the North game. But that comes back to letting the QB make his reads instead of predetermining who the ball will go to in the huddle /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> (that is so ridiculous its funny). /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> OK in a nutshell?JC won?t have anymore success run against our defense anymore than anyone else has, but they will try to stretch the secondary with Prudhomme. Another concern for the Vikings is poor special teams play. I hold my breath on every kickoff and punt return. JC seems to catch teams at just the wrong time. The Vikings have A LOT to prove not only to themselves but to the rest of the conference (especially South). Being 3-0 in conference play says we are what we claim to be, but SPANKING someone shows it. This will be a statement game. I would say that the Science Hill game was our statement but as good of a team as they could potentially be, it?s the same old story from the Toppers and they haven?t followed through with showing that they can beat ANYBODY. I think the Vikings will pull out the stops and have a decisive win over the Longhorns. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I here ya Bro..I,m sure i had that scooby doo look on my face when they told me that too.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And Thats what I was making refrence too(Wilson) when I said leave the best on the field, he is the best technique reciever we have imo. He needs more looks for sure. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />