Monterey @ Gordonsville

MO$$$$

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay county. Remember them???

Nope, i didn't go to that game /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well with those games the next four... It will be tough for Gordonsville to win them, but to be honest the biggest thing that Monterey and Clay County had going for the against FCS was suprise. Nobody expected it to be a close game except those two teams and they kinda snuck up on FCS. They aren't going to sneak up on Gville, or at least i should say that they shouldn't sneak up on Gville. The toughest game out of those four is still at FCS. The other three games Gordonsville should win, but like i said before, it is very different from previous years. Gville should be able to beat those three, but they do have the potential to win.

Nope, i didn't go to that game /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well with those games the next four... It will be tough for Gordonsville to win them, but to be honest the biggest thing that Monterey and Clay County had going for the against FCS was suprise. Nobody expected it to be a close game except those two teams and they kinda snuck up on FCS. They aren't going to sneak up on Gville, or at least i should say that they shouldn't sneak up on Gville. The toughest game out of those four is still at FCS. The other three games Gordonsville should win, but like i said before, it is very different from previous years. Gville should be able to beat those three, but they do have the potential to win.

Having seen both teams play, what's your take on this game? I've only seen one game played this year, and it really didn't give me a good insight on what was going on this year.

Having seen both teams play, what's your take on this game? I've only seen one game played this year, and it really didn't give me a good insight on what was going on this year.

I haven't seen clay County play. I've only seen Waterwings vs. FCS.

I can tell you that From what i saw of the waterwings, if Gville can stop the run and tackle in space they will beat the Waterwings, and the Waterwings beat Clay County.

Just looking at the stats and what i hear from the FCS vs Clay County game, i think that Gville can beat them. FCS had a bunch of turnovers, including one of them in the endzone that turned into a Clay County touchdown.

Monterey, Clay County and the Waterwings all have teams that have bought into the coaches system and believe they can win every game. The only problem is that Clay County doesn't have the talent that Monterey and the Waterwings do. And none of those three have the talent of The top 3 in the region. The big wildcard in all of this is just how teams show up. If you will remember, the past few years all you had to do is show up against those three teams and it might be a really crappy win, but it would still be a win. It's not like that anymore, they can beat you if a team shows up not ready.

We have played both teams and here is my take on both. Athletically Gville has a big advantage with smith, davis, malone,and # 16. They are all great athletes but to me it seemed that the wildcats played with more heart than the tigers did. I never thought that i would ever say that!! If Gville can stay focused they take this game and by all means coaches come in with a game plan that suits the athletes you have. because by all means you have some talent!!!! But with that said don't ever i mean ever count those pesky wildcats out. i just love region 4 football. Good luck to both teams i have alot of respect for both programs and i hope it's as good of a football game as i think it will be.

Seems like FC has a couple of challenges left also. Going to get rough in this region. Soon!

We have played both teams and here is my take on both. Athletically Gville has a big advantage with smith, davis, malone,and # 16. They are all great athletes but to me it seemed that the wildcats played with more heart than the tigers did. I never thought that i would ever say that!! If Gville can stay focused they take this game and by all means coaches come in with a game plan that suits the athletes you have. because by all means you have some talent!!!! But with that said don't ever i mean ever count those pesky wildcats out. i just love region 4 football. Good luck to both teams i have alot of respect for both programs and i hope it's as good of a football game as i think it will be.

Having seen the same games you did, of course, I have to agree. Thing is, this year, it seems

you can't always tell which team is going to show up from week to week. If both G'ville and

Mont. play the same game as they did against us (TC), I'll have to give the nod to G'ville.

That game was closer than the score showed.

Tigers by 2 scores, if they play up to potential.