Coach of the year, so far...

KILLACAM

Has to be Kevin Julian of Knoxville Halls after losing your starting senior quarterback and his most effective full back from last year. He has protected a inexperienced QB and found a star running back in Kitts who has put everyone on notice by his running this year. Possibility he could end up third in a very competitve district with Maryville & Central above them. Titans coach of the week a week ago.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once person with consideration in my opinion: Will Hester, LaVergne. Often, a new head coach AND a new quarterback can be quite catastrophic. He has greatly transitioned, and the Wolverines are about eight inches from being undefeated.

Also Coach Aric from Wilson Central. With all due respect towards Wilson Central, predicting them to be 6-0 would be like predicting Appalachian State to beat Michigan or Stanford to beat USC.

I took pick Will Hester, LaVergne.

Often, a new head coach AND a new quarterback can be quite catastrophic. He has greatly transitioned, and the Wolverines are about eight inches from being undefeated.

Also Coach Aric from Wilson Central. With all due respect towards Wilson Central, predicting them to be 6-0 would be like predicting Appalachian State to beat Michigan or Stanford to beat USC.

The difference is that Hester still had quite a nucleus coming back, Gray who can catch anything w/i 15 yds of him, Bather, Williams, Okwu.....etc.... and they had been in the playoffs the last few yrs. So they still knew how to win. Thomas left them in good shape. WC had a miserable season last yr with all kinds of turmoil with everyone revolting. To piece it back together like he has with everyone calling for his head on a platter.....well.....sorry, but to me that is Coach of the Year over Hester.

Coach Traye Aric of Wilson Central has done an outstanding job and is well deserving of any praise and honors. After getting hosed at Beech, he has proven that he is and was a quality coach. Best of luck the rest of the season my friend and just keep on proving them wrong.

TH

I beleive Ricky Bowers from Ensworth should be coach of the year. In Ensworth's first season with a full varsity scheadule( in DII AA by the way!!!) they have posted a 5-1 record beating teams like McCallie, CPA and Knox Webb. They also held MBA to only 14 points. Bowers has prepared his team to play hard and win in DII AA.

I will say right now it should be between Coach A at R'dale and Coach Aric at WC. Both have done tremendous jobs this year. The determination could be between who wins their head to head matchup later this month.

Realistically I see it going to Coach Q at Maryville if they win out and deservedly so for being nationally ranked all year and going over 50 wins without a loss. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />