Coach of the year, so far...

KILLACAM

Who has been given the honor so far? If Coach A. from Riverdale is not on the list then something is wrong!! Going

8-0 in their tough division & also having such good character & discipline their is no reason he should not be on the list!!

Coach A has always had good character & discipline.

He's the main reason we're still doing so well here at Hillsboro.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA is 9-0 (will soon be 10-0 unless they slip up this friday) and they are the #1 one seed going into the playoffs. Coach Daniel McGugin has taken this team from a 4-6 record to being #25 in the nation (m. preps). They are undefeated beating good teams in Hillsboro, Brentwood Academy, Ensworth, and Father Ryan. I think he most definitely has the lock on coach of the year.

i agree with several post on here that the coach at MBA should get highly considered...impressive wins and impressive turn aroundts...just wonder how many hand picked recruits he brought in...it only takes a few to really change the dynamics of a high school football team...(i am not saying that he brought any in...but this is not uncommon at a private school...)

Many people have mentioned Coach A...while he has done a great job...both in running the program...character...and the x and o's...he had alot of horses to work with over last year and this year....that offensive line is probably the best in the state...6 seniors (including tight end)...who are like bull dozers...Coach A will get my vote if he wins next year or the next...because if he does...with what he has to work with coming back...he is a miracle worker, genius, and tom laundry all in one. now i really do think he will get the most and alot of out of what he has...because great coaches do that...and he is a great coach...but if he wins the region next year with the up and coming junior and senior class he has...my hat is off to him...don't get me wrong...he will win...but not like he has or riverdale has...can't make gold out of straw

finally...the coach at Wilson Central has to be high in consideration...especially if they win out and go 9-1...he has taken a program from 2-8 and preseason last in the region to currently 8-1...and ranked in top 10 in state. well coached team...alot of seniors...and will get after you on D...i would take the coach at WC over MBA because for sure the Coach at WC has to coach the hand he is dealt...

The system at Hillsboro is totally different now how can you say this.

Do not know much about the system at HIllsboro but they have been traditionally strong, even before current regime. Blades did not come in and build the program fromnothing to something, it was already a program to be reckoned with and BLades gets none of that credit.

what are some for coach of the year???

In my opinion, it is Coach Hester from La Vergne with a 5-1 record so far, should/could very easily be 6-0.....

Coach Snider has come into this Clarksville Wildcats program in the last 6 years,and taken his team to playoffs the last four years. Last year missing the region title game by 3pts the mud bowl with Springfield. This year he should have a unbeaten season but homecoming took them out of the Beech game there only loss for this season. Snider looks to lockup Region 6 4-A this Friday against Springfield. Last season the Wildcats had there best season in 100 years of football history. They look to be able to out due that this year. Seems like a good candidate for Coach of the year to me. I could go on but i hit some hight points.

Do not know much about the system at HIllsboro but they have been traditionally strong, even before current regime. Blades did not come in and build the program fromnothing to something, it was already a program to be reckoned with and BLades gets none of that credit.

I strongly disagree with you. Coach A didn't leave because he thought the Burro's were going to get better. You have no clue what the current staff walked into or what has had to have been done to keep Hillsboro where it is.

Yeh,

Clowns on this site state that Aydelott is winning because of Rankin, and Blade is winning because of Aydelott. These coaches work their butts off and their staff's work hard as well. They both are very demanding of their coaches and players. These coaches deserve respect and have the respect from most of the coaching community. Many parents will have their uninformed opinions which is fine except for their own agendas. All this aside, my coach of the year vote would go to McGugin at MBA. Until he exeriences a loss , he is the tops. Quarles deserves credit as always. A lot of football left to be played for the quality programs around the state.

Golfendude, you hit the nail on the head. Coach Jim Snyder at Clarksville has done quite a bit with a team that was supposed to be in a rebuilding year, after loosing an entire starting backfield, and had an unproven defense without it's studs.

To set here one win away from a region championship, a 8-1 record, and headed to the state play-offs for a 4th straight year, quite an accomplishment, so I think Coach Snyder should get some serious consideration.