Sycamore at Greenbrier

GreenbrierCat2

With the War Eagles coming to Greenbrier, and both teams coming off region losses, this game will have major playoff implications. The War Eagles are looking for their first region win while the Bobcats are looking for their second. Station Camp was all it was predicted to be and in my opinion will come out with the region title in a few weeks. White House took advantage of Sycamore's mistakes and ran the score to 40 soothing their loss to Beech the week before.

This is fall break week for Greenbrier so the Bobcats can get a little extra practice or a little extra rest. I see the Bobcats bouncing back with some vigor this week. The War Eagles will be coming into a tough Bobcat Field crowd to our renovated stadium that should be packed out since Sycamore has become a big local rivalry.

This game is a "MUST WIN" for the CATS!! I think they will but what's everyone else's thought?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Fall Break week for Sycamore as well and sitting at 0-3 in the region this game is one of those "do or die" games for the War Eagles as far as the playoffs are concerned.

I believe that Station Camp & Pearl Cohn are a cut above the rest in this region. White House could beat either one of those two teams on a given night. Greenbrier & Sycamore will battle it out this week for that final playoff spot from this region. DeKalb Co. is still one year away and Macon Co. is nowhere near as good as they've been the last two years.

The winner of this game can go ahead and make plans to go to Chattanooga for the opening round of the playoffs. The loser can start to count the weeks down until basketball season tips off.

This game will be broadcast LIVE on WQSV AM790 from the friendly confines of "Bobcat Field".

Sycamore had 5 starters on the side line when they played white house last friday. Sycamore got to get tough and quit making so many mistakes. they need to come together as a team and play with some heart. Play ever quarter as it's the first one. Don't get down on yourself. If you make a mistake brush it off and get mad. If you see a teammate get down talk to him and tell him he will get the next one. You are a good team with some great players if you don't trust each other you should walk off the field and go home. The boys on the sideline should be cheering on your leaders because it going to be you out there sooner than you think. Seinors take control you only have 4 games left if you don't win this one. Do you want to go down this year and not be in any playoffs. As a fan in the stands I would like to see a close game. I belive in my heart you can beat greenbrier and the other teames you have played. but I don't think you really want it. Get mad and go out there and play some wareagle football like I know you can. I'm not ready for it to over yet. Good luck and work hard this week.

As usual, I'm not about to make any predictions on who's going to win or lose or what the score will be. I haven't seen Sycamore play so all I can go off of is what I read and hear. I think this will be a very competitive game. Both teams seem to be very similar. I think Greenbrier has the edge due to it being at home and the Cat's style of play. If it's a normal game and the Cats keep the turn-overs down, I think they have the edge. A turn-over here or there at the wrong time and some early Sycamore scores, it'll make it tougher for the Cats.

Big Country's breakdown above seems to hit the nail on the head.

Greenbrier has the type of team that Sycamore hasn't had any success against this season, (i.e. a team that has won a game). Sycamore's only victories this season have come against teams with a combined record of 0-18. This game will be like all Sycamore district games have been this season, a "blowout" victory for the opponent. Wish I could be more optomistic, but the truth is, Sycamore is just not a very good football team this season.

Greenbrier has the type of team that Sycamore hasn't had any success against this season, (i.e. a team that has won a game). Sycamore's only victories this season have come against teams with a combined record of 0-18. This game will be like all Sycamore district games have been this season, a "blowout" victory for the opponent. Wish I could be more optomistic, but the truth is, Sycamore is just not a very good football team this season.

Isn't this the exact same post you made about Sycamore playing White House? Are you really against Sycamore or just trying to light a fire under Sycamore?