gibson county playoff hopes

pioneer90

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what your saying there...HOWEVER you do have that 1 team from each region that fight to earn respect and just don't let teams run over them every week and that's Gibson Co.!!! When Coach Argo was at Gibson Co. he said it takes 4 good years to build a program...he took that team going 0-10 the first 2 years he was there to a 2-8 team and then onto a 4-6 team at Gibson Co. and has now moved onto greener pastures at Trenton...Coach Dyer's first 2 years have been 2-8 last year and so far 2-4 this year and I do see more wins coming from Gibson Co. this year...Of course the playoffs will be in the minds of all the Gibson Co. players as that is drilled into their heads week after week but when you play a Milan, Westview, Trenton, Humboldt, JCS, USJ, Dresden week after week it's going to take hard work and dedication in order for it to pay off and I'm not saying at all that Gibson Co. does not work hard because they work VERY hard!!! Gibson Co. has a good coaching staff but it's just tough opponents they face week after week....Gibson Co. WILL drop down to 1A here and a few years after Medina High School is built and JUST HOPEFULLY Coach Dyer sticks around long enough to hopefully make that team a legitimate 1A contender...Most of our athletes come from Dyer and Rutherford but most of the big boys come from Medina...However I think we can beef a few more kids up at the jr high level and get 'em ready for high school.....Do you know what I'd really love to see for Gibson Co. junior highs is for Dyer Jr. High to combine in with the Jr Pioneers and that way they will have the future GC Pioneers playing on the same team from Jr High to high school, however I do not see that happening as that will be too many players on 1 team unless they do a 6th grade team and then a 7th-8th grade team!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> enough rambling....Let's take out the Dresden Lions this week GC!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No Not Really. But if An Upcoming Athlete Refrains From Playing For Fear of Being on A Losing Team. i'd like The Success of The Program To Influence himTo Play. Sort of Like taking the good With the Bad. But if I Had A Derick Copley Athlete Walking Around that Could Actually help my Program? Indeed. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Indeed...we have had more players coming out of the hallways and onto the field this year...Most of the ATHLETES are on the basketball team and I'm sure Coach Harshaw (Boys BB Coach) does not want his athletes playing football due to prevent injury unless you are Antoine Cunningham /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

from Jr High to high school

If you look at most of the good programs in West Tennessee, you will see a good Jr. High/Middle School program. Teach them the fundamental stuff in Jr. High ... like "Green Right and Green Left" or "Blue 1 or Blue 2" ... how to tackle and block ... and you'll have a group of kids that does well in High School.

If you look at most of the good programs in West Tennessee, you will see a good Jr. High/Middle School program. Teach them the fundamental stuff in Jr. High ... like "Green Right and Green Left" or "Blue 1 or Blue 2" ... how to tackle and block ... and you'll have a group of kids that does well in High School.

Your right there...look at the Jr Pioneers record from this year....7-1????? Why can't we just translate it at the high school level /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> beats me...

Your right there...look at the Jr Pioneers record from this year....7-1????? Why can't we just translate it at the high school level /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> beats me...

I'd have to Say Confidence. Confidence provides An Attitude. One That if Your Not Playing You Might Start. One That if Your Playing And Losing you Won't Quit Trying. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'd have to Say Confidence. Confidence provides An Attitude. One That if Your Not Playing You Might Start. One That if Your Playing And Losing you Won't Quit Trying. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

One of those "WERE GOING TO KILL DRESDEN" attitudes????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

One of those "WERE GOING TO KILL DRESDEN" attitudes????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Exactly. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Look At Schools that have A Tradition of Great Teams And Programs. From Dad's have hopes Of Thier Kid Being On The Home Team. And the Families Live For Friday Night. It's not That Way In GC. But In Time it Might be. the General Consensus is Why Play? Were Gonna Lose Anyway? It Takes Time to overcome That Type Of Attitude. And The Players Right Now Are the Breeders Of A New Attitude In GC. Hats off to the Ones On A Struggling Program Trying to Represent thier Community Handcuffed. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A lot of that has to do with how kids develop. My graduating class was winless with an exception of crockett co. in middle school. My senior year we were one play away from the semis and Crockett was one of the best 3A teams around. There was a lot of raw talent in that class and the coaches got us in the weight room and then there were the expectations of playing Milan Football.

A lot of that has to do with how kids develop. My graduating class was winless with an exception of crockett co. in middle school. My senior year we were one play away from the semis and Crockett was one of the best 3A teams around. There was a lot of raw talent in that class and the coaches got us in the weight room and then there were the expectations of playing Milan Football.

EXACTLY...Jr. Pioneers dominated Milan jr. high this year...but Milan will move onto the tradition at the high school level of winning and if they lose their failures and the people will let them know it! You use Crockett Co. for instance...back in the 90's when my brother played against them they were the team you scheduled for homecoming every year!!! now their a dominate 3A team....beats me /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

EXACTLY...Jr. Pioneers dominated Milan jr. high this year...but Milan will move onto the tradition at the high school level of winning and if they lose their failures and the people will let them know it! You use Crockett Co. for instance...back in the 90's when my brother played against them they were the team you scheduled for homecoming every year!!! now their a dominate 3A team....beats me /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Developing talent takes Time. But the overall Confidence in the Program Can Or Cannot Ever Develope. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />