Riverdale vs. Siegel

siegelplayer4

I know this story isn't from you but I remember Ali winning a district title in 2000 I believe the year before Blackman came into District 7.

yes they did

that year they had katherine gentry(east tennessee state)and i think they had a couple of good freshman that went to blackman the next year but anyone can correct me on that one

tullahoma beat riverdale in the 2000 region final on a 80th minute goal by jackie kyle

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale didn't score the whole first half, so your comment about only playing the first 15 minutes doesn't hold water. Obviously your defenders did a good job in the first half without Anna. Are you saying your other defenders are not good. They play 40 minutes in the half, not 15. Just chalk it up as a loss and move on.

Maybe Coach Arman made some adjustments at half who knows. It was a good game, and very competetive, two players don't make the team.

Seems to me you are pulling a Hope Solo and saying your freshman keeper wasn't good enough and if a senior would have been in there they would have stopped it. Those first two goals were pretty amazing goals and it was done with very little space. Give Riverdale credit!

ohhh Blackman soccer dad whats up? I agree with what you are saying, but Hope Solo's my girl man. don't hate on her

You are right give credit to Riverdale, it seems like they deserve it. Arman is a good coach.

Btw your going down in Fifa when I come back. much love man.

Here's your quote "Then the stars got scored on twice on the freshman keeper?" It seemed to me, you implied that because a freshman keeper was in the net, they scored or why even say anything about a freshman keeper.

Before that you said, "Anna only played the first 15 min. You do realize that riverdale got nothing when she was in?

Meaning to me, and other people can comment on this, that if Anna had been in there the whole time, they wouldn't of scored, why put that Anna only played 15 minutes and ask us to realize why she wasn't in there no one scored.

That's just my interpretation, I sure would like to get other interpretations. Thanks for clarifying.

My point is, your defenders did a good job without Anna, you should have pointed out how well your other defenders played in the first half, but you made excuses about how other players weren't there so that's why Siegle didn't play well or would have played a better game. You are downing your other players, not me. Just my opinion though.

Sorry. I didn't type it out how I meant. Sometimes I forget this is a message board, and just like texts, you never know how the person is coming across or implying. What I meant, and this follows what blazesoccer said, when anna left the game maggie dropped to sweeper. The first 15 min maggie was man marking becca and to me she was doing a heck of a job. Well, after she had to play sweeper and no one was there at stopper to be able to stop becca. And that's not putting my defenders down. That's telling you how I saw the game from the stands. Maggie is one of the best marking backs in the area. He could have dropped Kim but that would have taken away our offensive attack. And by having winn at centermid, because he had to, it affected the offensive attack to. I'm not making excuses. Yes, riverdale played a great game and won. I give them that and i'm not taking anything away from them. However, no one can deny that winn is there biggest offensive threat and by not having her at forward decreases offensive attack.

Sorry. I didn't type it out how I meant. Sometimes I forget this is a message board, and just like texts, you never know how the person is coming across or implying. What I meant, and this follows what blazesoccer said, when anna left the game maggie dropped to sweeper. The first 15 min maggie was man marking becca and to me she was doing a heck of a job. Well, after she had to play sweeper and no one was there at stopper to be able to stop becca. And that's not putting my defenders down. That's telling you how I saw the game from the stands. Maggie is one of the best marking backs in the area. He could have dropped Kim but that would have taken away our offensive attack. And by having winn at centermid, because he had to, it affected the offensive attack to. I'm not making excuses. Yes, riverdale played a great game and won. I give them that and i'm not taking anything away from them. However, no one can deny that winn is there biggest offensive threat and by not having her at forward decreases offensive attack.

Alright, that makes a little more sense. Bygones. I am looking forward to districts and a probable rematch.

ohhh Blackman soccer dad whats up? I agree with what you are saying, but Hope Solo's my girl man. don't hate on herYou are right give credit to Riverdale, it seems like they deserve it. Arman is a good coach.Btw your going down in Fifa when I come back. much love man.

So not scared, whoever this is, bring it on!

you better know who this is. think about it. you going down baby sometime in december.

The Siegel-Riverdale rivalry is intense, the game was intense, the day was intense, the week was intense... get my drift. These are high school girls running on a lot of emotion. Take the emotion out and disect the game. I am sure Arman and Shelton are doing that right now in light of injuries and the rematch that's most likely coming. Keep your heads together, girls. Don't overlook anyone. There is so much more season out there!

Siegal and Riverdale both have a ton to proud of for the season. Sounds like a game that makes high school soccer fun. Both teams are difficult to game plan for because they can both score a lot of goals in a hurry. Becka Smith has proven at high school and in very high level club games that she can score on anyone at anytime. Marking her with a great player isnt going to be enough. At some point she will get some looks and she will bury them no matter who is marking her. Her trigger is quick, accurate, and powerful. To keep Becka from scoring you have to keep the ball away from her and out of your defensive half. That means pressure from the front runners and midfield. If that breaks down and the ball is within 35 yards of your goal, Becka is a problem. To say the mark changed and therefore Becka brokefree understates the real issue of why Becka really scored a hat trick. The pressure and game planning from the front 6 or 7 broke down and the ball ended up in dangerous positions in there defensive half and Becka took advantage.

In other words, if Siegal could dominate Riverdale (as most predicted), the ball would not even get in Siegals defensive half of the field with any regularity for Becka to have any real chances at all. If the front 6 do their job, then anyone can mark a great forward because she never gets the ball in her attacking half or near the goal. Thus, Becka scored her goals becuase Siegal as a team didnt defend very well, not just she scored because one player stopped marking her. This isnt to negative analysis toward Siegal, its Becka should be given her due. She scored 3 goals on a really good team and should be given a ton of credit for it.

At the same time Seigal has forwards that are dangerous. Wynn and Sloan can score on anyone at anytime as well. Even if Wynn isnt playing forward, Sloan is still very tough. If Siegal couldnt score, then Riverdale must have done a pretty good job defending as a group, because Sloan can score against anyone. If Wynn isnt up top with her, it doesnt matter, she is still dangerous. Bottom line is that it doesnt matter who was injured or what circumstances forced certain personnel decisions and position changes. This game was Riverdales night. They are criticized for not playing a tougher schedule, but Siegal is a very good team with or without the injuries and with or without the personnel changes, they still are very good. Riverdale deserves the credit for getting it done this time around. Next time, Siegal very well could be on there "A" game and win 4-2.

Both of these high schools represent Murefreesboro soccer really well. They are very good and as dangerous as anyone in the state to game plan for. I give Siegal a lot of credit for a being a strong team playing a strong schedule. I just think its time to give Riverdale some real credit and applaud there kids for a nice season. They have earned it.