What if there was a RUTHERFORD COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL?

voodoochild

Oh, I'm sure you boys would do just fine ...... until you ran into Blount County. Honeymoon's over then.

seriously doubt blount county is more talented, definately better coaching tho and thats why you see the consistancy in the results each year. plus you guys get to compete in plenty of classifications which also is a HUGE reason your county has the success it does. rutherford has six 5A schools and kinda three 1A schools (i think eagleville, mtcs, and lancaster christian but all 3 of those programs have started up in the past 5 years). also kinda holloway but they arent in the TSSAA they play in the TVAC and only have 14 players first year program.

rutherford county would bring home multiple championships every year if we played in different classifications and didnt have to beat each other up all year to get them. its like the dang SEC with all the 5A schools

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I 'think' it would benefit the privates as most caring parents would NOT want their children in that kind of zoo and would send their kids to a good SMALLER private school. I know I would have even if it meant getting a second and maybe third job.

While it would be full of super atheletes only 22 at most could play even with a full two squad system. Think about how many would only get to stand on the sidelines and be tackling dummies in practice. Even as it is not many actually get to play.

OLD DAD, YOU ARE SO RIGHT.

THESE BIG SCHOOLS ARE WHATS WRONG WITH A LOT OF OUR KIDS NOW DAYS.

SHOULD HAVE KEPT TO THE OLD DAYS WHEN ALL THE KIDS IN HIGH SCHOOL KNEW EVERY TEACH AND EVERY TEACHER KNEW EVERY KID.

PLUS, EVERY TEACHER KNEW ALL THE KIDS PARENTS TOO.

THAT HELPED KIDS STAY OUT OF SO MUCH TROUBLE.

ONE OF THE DUMBEST THINGS BLOUNT CO. EVER DID WAS BACK IN THE 70'S

WHEN THEY BUILD THE 2 BIG SCHOOLS, ONE ON EACH END OF TOWN.

AND SHUT DOWN HOW MANY TO PUT ALL THESE KIDS IN 2 NEW SCHOOLS?

WE HAD EVERETT, WALLAND, PORTER, FRIENDSVILLE,TOWNSEND, LANIER.

BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER MADE. KIDS NEEDED THAT MORE ONE ON ONE WITH A TEACHER.

WISH WE COULD GO BACK TO THOSE DAYS.

MORE KIDS GOT A CHANCE TO MAKE A TEAM AND GET TO PLAY TOO.

SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR DREAM TEAM. IT WOULD BE A BIGGER NIGHTMARE THAN WHAT THE SCHOOLS ARE NOW.

OK, I'll play seeing as so many want to.

In one scenario we have Sonny Gray at QB throwing to a great bunch of WR's and back. Only trouble is who would be the Coach with that scenario? Sure would NOT be Coach A from R'dale as the wingT does not throw that much. Would it be Coach Shad at Smyrna? Probably, but would the running game be as strong?

How about Coach Flatt that is now an assistant at Eagleville? Would he play a part in this grand school we are envisioning?

How about ALL the other good coaches we have in this county? I for one would NOT like to tell some of them sorry coach but you maybe good enough to be a HC now, but now you have to go back to being an assistant with NO HC bonus money.

How about facilities? Would we use R'dale GREAT weight room and then travel across town to use Oaklands indoor facility when it is cold and raining?

Now lets look at the sheer fact that we would have a team of about 400 kids. Now who gets the jerseys with the three digets? Who would be left out week after week during their entire High School football career?

Can we all agree now that this would be like opening Pandora's Box?

The main thing that makes this Region great is the simple fact that we have so many good schools to keep the compitition high and testing every team week after week. Besides we could never get the Titans to scrimmage us! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Guest workinprogress

What would happen?

The Rutherford County team would beat those others like a rented mule.

Caleb Harper and Justin Bather at cornerbacks, etc...

Dont think so. You have to remember that Metro has exceptional athletes too and then when you add the folks from MBA, Ensworth, Goodpasture, DL, etc. Come on now. This whole thread is crazy. People in Knoxville, Memphis, Nashville, and maybe even Chattanooga could make a claim to be the best. Rutherford would not get it done simply because of numbers. Rutherford County plays great 5A ball but the others mentioned play great ball period.

I 'think' it would benefit the privates as most caring parents would NOT want their children in that kind of zoo and would send their kids to a good SMALLER private school. I know I would have even if it meant getting a second and maybe third job.

While it would be full of super athletes only 22 at most could play even with a full two squad system. Think about how many would only get to stand on the sidelines and be tackling dummies in practice. Even as it is not many actually get to play.

Lost Old Dad is exactly right. Unless you find a way to have 90% of Rutherford County move to another county, You'd have a school of 12000 students. No responsible parent would want their kid going to a zoo like that. There would be more than one private school open that would compete for and siphon off the best student athletes and the hypothetical "one" county school would lose their gifted scholars as well as their best athletes. What would be left wouldn't be pretty. Who cares if they won a football game?

There's a school called Long Beach Poly in California that has about 5,000 students and they have the most alumni in the NFL AND some really really good academics. Here's just a short list of people that attended Willie McGinest (longtime Patriot), Tony Gwynn (baseball Hall of Fame), DeSean Jackson (WR from Cal that scorched UT), Cameron Diaz (actress) and Snoop Dogg. So, it is possible to not be completely all bad just because there are a heck of a lot of students.

heres another theory that could make it fun and more realistic to talk about...what if sister schools re-merged after being split years back? riverdale/blackman team (riverman), oakland/siegel (siegeland), and smyrna/lavergne (lasmyrna).

lasmyrna would probably be the team to beat this year, much as i hate to say it (passing game would be rediculous).

rivermanwould have an amazing running game with mcclain, lee, vanhoose, boykin, ebalarosa, t. smith, wallace, bowers, and s. smith (mauricio being behind a line like riverdales would be rediculous). also riverman would have the best defense tennessee has seen in the last decade or so.

siegeland would kind of be the hardest to predict, would be a great team but a step below the other 2.

lasmyrna would have a huge advantage having 2 well establish programs merging together while riverman and siegeland consist of a veteran and a newbie.

really you could merge riverman and siegeland into oakdalemangel. all 4 schools are descendants of murfreesboro central high school

heres another theory that could make it fun and more realistic to talk about...what if sister schools re-merged after being split years back? riverdale/blackman team (riverman), oakland/siegel (siegeland), and smyrna/lavergne (lasmyrna).

lasmyrna would probably be the team to beat this year, much as i hate to say it (passing game would be rediculous).

rivermanwould have an amazing running game with mcclain, lee, vanhoose, boykin, ebalarosa, t. smith, wallace, bowers, and s. smith (mauricio being behind a line like riverdales would be rediculous). also riverman would have the best defense tennessee has seen in the last decade or so.

siegeland would kind of be the hardest to predict, would be a great team but a step below the other 2.

lasmyrna would have a huge advantage having 2 well establish programs merging together while riverman and siegeland consist of a veteran and a newbie.

really you could merge riverman and siegeland into oakdalemangel. all 4 schools are descendants of murfreesboro central high school

that is one of the most awesome posts i've ever seen!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

There's a school called Long Beach Poly in California that has about 5,000 students and they have the most alumni in the NFL AND some really really good academics. Here's just a short list of people that attended Willie McGinest (longtime Patriot), Tony Gwynn (baseball Hall of Fame), DeSean Jackson (WR from Cal that scorched UT), Cameron Diaz (actress) and Snoop Dogg. So, it is possible to not be completely all bad just because there are a heck of a lot of students.

Yes, and another interesting fact iabout Long Beach is that it is where a couple familiar groups originated.................ever heard of the "Bloods" /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> and "Crips" /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> ?? Very large high schools are just very large.................and that is about IT /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes, and another interesting fact iabout Long Beach is that it is where a couple familiar groups originated.................ever heard of the "Bloods" /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> and "Crips" /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> ?? Very large high schools are just very large.................and that is about IT /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

AMEN COACH, RIGHT TO THE POINT. THAT IS WHAT MOST OF THESE BIG HIGH SCHOOLS ARE TURNING OUT NOW DAYS.

THESE KIDS DON'T GET ENOUGH ATTENTION AT HOME NOW DAYS, SO THEY ARE BOUND AND DETERMINED TO GET IT THRU THERE PEERS. (GOOD OR BAD)

THATS WHY I SAY WE GO BACK TO THE GOOD OLE DAYS OF SMALL SCHOOLS, AND BUNCHES MORE OF THEM.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />