7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You drilled a Blaze team in the first half by 29 in the worst half they've played in the past 5 years, sure...I'll give you that.

Just don't think Blackman's weak, because I mean...once again...we played like ourselves in the second half.

And look where playing one normal half got blackman. You can't really say that because the score dictates how teams play, who plays, defensive style, etc. Good teams don't get beat by 25 if they are anywhere near as talented as the team they are playing. There is no sugarcoating that. If Blackman wins the next one so be it, but stop trying to defend a 25 point flogging.

I was at the Blackman-Siegel game, and I know the Stars had one of the best defensive games I ever saw them play. And according to the paper the Stars won 3 qtrs not only two........but it doesn't really matter how many qtrs and who won them....all that matters is the Cutter and crew DRILLED Blackman by 25 or 26 points. Can't argue that point!!! Good luck to my Stars against Riverdale on Tuesday!!!

Siegel and Defense: 2 words that definitely go together

Ok ...I will mention it...Blackman won the 3rd qtr by 3 and lost the first half by 31. Does that make you feel better. Siegel was in cruise mode the scond half. Isn't that the half where they were throwing oops and Hammonds was a dunking machine and the kid from New Orleans even got one. So you were right, Blackman beat Siegel one qtr. WITH Alex Carter!!!!!! But the STARS won the game!!!!!!!

I remember the Siegel/Blackman game at Blackman being about the same last year with Siegel being on the other end of the score. Blackman scored 36 points in the second quarter and had a 27 point half time lead. The game was much closer the next time they played. The point is that teams have those kind of games. Siegel came out hot and Blackman could not buy a basket. Things just went down hill from there.

As for Carter, he had not played or practiced in about 3 weeks so it took him a little while to find his range and you could tell he did not have his legs back. He still managed to score around 18 points and helped to bring Blackman back in the second half. The kid's had a rough fall so you really have to admire his work ethic and dedication.

Sorry, didn't remember exact amount but if I knew 4 points meant so much to you I would have checked my facts. I think I did put about 18 points.

It took him a while but he got cranked up. Especially, with those beautiful 3's he delivered in the second half. But, he seemed to run out of gas which is understandable. But, I was really impressed with his games against Oakland and Riverdale. He was double and triple teamed everywhere he went but he still managed to score 14 points against Oakland (hope I didn't mess that up or I am sure I will get corrected). The one thing about Alex is he sees the court so well and passes off to his teammates. He doesn't force it. His teammates are getting better but they are going to have to make more shots. To many misses of easy layups and poor shot selection. Blackman can't win against some of the talent in this district unless they play an almost perfect game. I have played with and against Alex and I can tell you if he had the green light he could make things happen. They need Paul to step up more. I have been impressed with us play since the first few games of the season. I think he is improving every game in every aspect but his scoring. The one thing Paul needs to learn is if he does not have a shot inside kick it out. He tends to force the issue sometimes and creates turnovers.