7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

I agree OP. It ws a really good win for White County, but one of the greatest? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

This win is definitely not in the top 10 of all time great wins. It might be in the greatest top 25 wins.......might.

I wonder if anyone else will try the 1-3-1 against Oakland ? They didn't do very well against it. It defenitely worked better for WC than man.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so proud of my boys last night. I was afaid they were gfoing to come out with their heads down after the loss to WC on Friday. In fact, I almost didn't go to the game for fear of it being a waste of time and money. I remembered the excitement and closeness of the last time we played Lavergne and knew I had to go and support the team last night in a hostile environment. From the first minute of play, I could tell that OHS had come ready to compete. In fact, I think Lavergne thought they were going to go on cruise control after whupping Smyrna so soundly and capturing the title and take us to school. Oakland's D was stifling last night. Don't forget that Lavergne usually gives us some trouble bigtime and we have lost to them before when we had winning streaks on the line . We came out with something to prove and a BIG chip on our shoulders. It showed......we got our swagger back. Edwards continues to impress me. He is growing up FAST and at a time we definitely needed someone to step up into a leadership role on offense. Epps continues to be a defensive plus on the floor.He was intense. Our shooting came alive and Lavergne just sort of looked stunned at our accuracy with our shots. We went on a nice lil run after the half.....and I was beginning to think ....BLOWOUT!! Jefferson is still their best presence on the floor and I will be so GLAD when that kid finally graduates. I get nervous everytime he has the ball. Great rebounding allso was a plus for us. So those of you who think OHS already peaked and is on the way down this season......think again!! Lavergne is NO cupcake team and we showed our mental toughness last night. Way to go Patriots.

I was so proud of my boys last night. I was afaid they were gfoing to come out with their heads down after the loss to WC on Friday. In fact, I almost didn't go to the game for fear of it being a waste of time and money. I remembered the excitement and closeness of the last time we played Lavergne and knew I had to go and support the team last night in a hostile environment. From the first minute of play, I could tell that OHS had come ready to compete. In fact, I think Lavergne thought they were going to go on cruise control after whupping Smyrna so soundly and capturing the title and take us to school. Oakland's D was stifling last night. Don't forget that Lavergne usually gives us some trouble bigtime and we have lost to them before when we had winning streaks on the line . We came out with something to prove and a BIG chip on our shoulders. It showed......we got our swagger back. Edwards continues to impress me. He is growing up FAST and at a time we definitely needed someone to step up into a leadership role on offense. Epps continues to be a defensive plus on the floor.He was intense. Our shooting came alive and Lavergne just sort of looked stunned at our accuracy with our shots. We went on a nice lil run after the half.....and I was beginning to think ....BLOWOUT!! Jefferson is still their best presence on the floor and I will be so GLAD when that kid finally graduates. I get nervous everytime he has the ball. Great rebounding allso was a plus for us. So those of you who think OHS already peaked and is on the way down this season......think again!! Lavergne is NO cupcake team and we showed our mental toughness last night. Way to go Patriots.

Congratulations for your win over Lavergne.

Its funny how you were not talking too much last year when Siegel failed to make it to the regional tourney. You know Randy King is the Best coach in this district. His success proves it. Siegel is at best the thrid best team in this district. I didnt know 3rd place was worth bragging about.

Anyone who thinks that Siegel is at best 3rd in the district has neither watched Siegel recently and is extremely biased. Siegel will be a force to be reckoned with and could go very far.

BTW 2Priceless, did Demario Watkins not play for LaVergne? He averages about 15/5/5 for LaVergne as well as being one of the best defenders in the region. I didn't see him in the boxscore.

Anyone who thinks that Siegel is at best 3rd in the district has neither watched Siegel recently and is extremely biased. Siegel will be a force to be reckoned with and could go very far.

BTW 2Priceless, did Demario Watkins not play for LaVergne? He averages about 15/5/5 for LaVergne as well as being one of the best defenders in the region. I didn't see him in the boxscore.

Siegel looks like one of those teams that would get stronger every game in a tournament. Or they could get beat early. If they can win the games that they're supposed to win early and not screw up. I think they will go a long way.

Not to take anything from Oakland's win but anyone at that game last night know that LaVergne's starters did not play from the middle of the 3rd quarter to the end of the game. LaVergne didn't have a good shooting night but it wasn't from Oakland's defense. LaVergne just missed alot of easy shots around the rim & probably played the sloppiest I have seem them play all season. I believe the score was 30-15, when he took the starters out.. Now, I would have just let the guys sit & regroup, encouraged them to step their game up, but for some reason Coach Moore, thought he would send his team a message. Foolish coaching IMO, but that's the route he chose.

I know Oakland's fan are glad for this win, especially since the tough loss they had at WC, but the victory they had against LV was not the show stopping performance that some of the posters claim it to be.

Jazzy......the same thing happened to yall that happened to us Friday night. You were off last night and you can't be off when you are playing any good team. We found that out the hard way against White County.You will rebound back just like we did. Good coaches like we both have will make sure of that. I know that some of your starters were out, but we already had the game well in hand by the time they left the floor( as you well know.) It would have made no difference had they returned.......they just didn't play like they did the last time we faced each other. Give some credit to us. The Sparta fans insinuated we were scared of them....which is a crock....as we had beaten them a few games ago.....and that stung when they said that. No one has put down your team on here so support them to the fullest as I am sure they will give you your money's worth on Tuesday.

Not to take anything from Oakland's win but anyone at that game last night know that LaVergne's starters did not play from the middle of the 3rd quarter to the end of the game. LaVergne didn't have a good shooting night but it wasn't from Oakland's defense. LaVergne just missed alot of easy shots around the rim & probably played the sloppiest I have seem them play all season. I believe the score was 30-15, when he took the starters out.. Now, I would have just let the guys sit & regroup, encouraged them to step their game up, but for some reason Coach Moore, thought he would send his team a message. Foolish coaching IMO, but that's the route he chose.

I know Oakland's fan are glad for this win, especially since the tough loss they had at WC, but the victory they had against LV was not the show stopping performance that some of the posters claim it to be.

Jazzy., maybe i need to start another thread 7aaa boys best in the midstate ???????

Jazzy......the same thing happened to yall that happened to us Friday night. You were off last night and you can't be off when you are playing any good team. We found that out the hard way against White County.You will rebound back just like we did. Good coaches like we both have will make sure of that. I know that some of your starters were out, but we already had the game well in hand by the time they left the floor( as you well know.) It would have made no difference had they returned.......they just didn't play like they did the last time we faced each other. Give some credit to us. The Sparta fans insinuated we were scared of them....which is a crock....as we had beaten them a few games ago.....and that stung when they said that. No one has put down your team on here so support them to the fullest as I am sure they will give you your money's worth on Tuesday.

I'm not sure very many Sparta fans thought Oakland was scared. I know Oakland wasn't scared.

Siegel looks like one of those teams that would get stronger every game in a tournament. Or they could get beat early. If they can win the games that they're supposed to win early and not screw up. I think they will go a long way.

Siegel is decent at best. I can and will name four teams better than them. I have seen all of the teams that I mention by the wayas well so no bias here. Shelbyville, White Co., Oakland, and Frankilin Co. Siegel will get no further than past the first round of regionals at best. They will be a team to reckon with in the next few years, but not this year. Also Shelbybyville will be a force to reckon with this year and the next four years because the best player in the region is a sophmore. Emanuel Andrews is his name, if you want to see a ball player come watch him play.

With Hammonds - Siegel #1 or #2 in district

Without Hammonds- Siegel #3 or lower without a doubt in my mind.

Hammonds will have to make a return to the court if Siegel wants to make any kind of run in the postseason.