Class 1A playoff teams

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have information on Riverside Christian Academy. Their classification and record could weigh heavily into our playoff picture if McEwen takes care of business. Seems like I remember someone saying they are a first year program from possibly Fayetteville or Lewisburg. I'm not sure. What region were they put in and what is their record this season? I found a Riverside listed in region 7 2A.......is this the same team?

Riverside Christian plays in the newly formed Mid-South Football Conference here is the website ,http://www.lancasterchristianacademy.com/midsouth.html, you got to click and paste. This league includes Lancaster Christian (Smyrna), The King Academy (Seymour), Scottsboro Christian (Alabama), "Nashville Christian played them week one or zero", Saint Andrews-Sewanne, and the only public school is Pickett County( I think they are just starting up a team this year) Pickett County is pretty good in basketball ever year. I believe non of these schools are TSSAA playoff eligible. I could be wrong I will have to do my home work on that one. Yet they should be able to play an 11th game the the TSSAA permits for non playoff teams, aka a bowl game to be played prior to the opening round of the playoffs for a varsity team. The website offers standings for all the teams, and I have to say it looks really good. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Region 6

1). Mt. Pleasant

2). Collinwood - because they play everygame behind WC - if not WC would win

3). Wayne County

4). Moore County or Cornersville could very well be Cornersville for the first time in a long time but I think MC.

Looks about right here. Maybe Cornersville but I've not seen them play yet (FRI night). C'wood at an advantage over WC due to home field and they do follow WC ever week. They get every game film so they see WC play 7 times and should know them inside and out before they play.

Riverside Christian plays in the newly formed Mid-South Football Conference here is the website ,http://www.lancasterchristianacademy.com/midsouth.html, you got to click and paste. This league includes Lancaster Christian (Smyrna), The King Academy (Seymour), Scottsboro Christian (Alabama), "Nashville Christian played them week one or zero", Saint Andrews-Sewanne, and the only public school is Pickett County( I think they are just starting up a team this year) Pickett County is pretty good in basketball ever year. I believe non of these schools are TSSAA playoff eligible. I could be wrong I will have to do my home work on that one. Yet they should be able to play an 11th game the the TSSAA permits for non playoff teams, aka a bowl game to be played prior to the opening round of the playoffs for a varsity team. The website offers standings for all the teams, and I have to say it looks really good. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great job MTSU........I had no idea.... I'm guessing playing an unsanctioned team wouldn't allow wins over that team to count as far as tie-breaker scenerios, but I'm not sure. They definitely wouldn't qualify as an "in class" opponent, so this game may wind up haunting Forrest in the end. That is the tough part about playing in a 10 team region. The chances are increased exponentially that tie-breakers will come into play.. Bottom line is, Forrest had better take care of business Friday night and hope the three-way tie breaker doesn't come into play.

Great job MTSU........I had no idea.... I'm guessing playing an unsanctioned team wouldn't allow wins over that team to count as far as tie-breaker scenerios, but I'm not sure. They definitely wouldn't qualify as an "in class" opponent, so this game may wind up haunting Forrest in the end. That is the tough part about playing in a 10 team region. The chances are increased exponentially that tie-breakers will come into play.. Bottom line is, Forrest had better take care of business Friday night and hope the three-way tie breaker doesn't come into play.

Knowing Forrest is a good team McEwen is also. If McEwen keeps there head stright and their mind intack on the matter at hand. McEwen should do all right friday night. And then they will have to take care of Nashville Christian.

Good Luck To all R5 1A team friday play clean and injury free and have fun young lads /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

You are right that is one of the many reasons why playing in a ten team region is good and bad. Good because you don't have to worry about scheduling ( you already have 9 games booked) Bad thing is, if it is a bad thing, you have to do a lot of looking to find that other team. With most teams in the region having to find a Week 0 and Week 1 game. In this situation you have created a common opponent situation to occur, hence the "Houston County Factor", with Houston County playing two team from in the region, White House-Heritage & McEwen, both team's won, but White House-Heritage scored 11 more points, heck that could become a factor. Plus throw in Forrest game with Riverside Christian and Nashville Christian playing Scottsboro Christian, ( Also in MSFC with Riverside) who may or may not count in the a tie breaker situation, ( still reading the by laws, man there is a lot) if it comes down to Forrest and Nashville Christian vying for a playoff spot(s) WOW lots of things can happen. So all the players an coaches can do is take care of business on Friday Night!