Class 1A playoff teams

FridayMainEvent

After seven weeks of games, the playoff picture should be getting clearer. Go ahead and list your playoff prediction for the region your team is associated with and we can re-visit this thread in a month and see how everyone did. Here is how I think Region 5 will finish up:

1. Cascade

2. Jo Byrns

3. Forrest

4. White House Heritage

I think the ONLY way this gets altered is if McEwen is able to beat both Forrest and Nashville Christian. Then you'd have a potential three way tie for third between Forrest, WHH, and McEwen. Each team would of beat one of the other teams therefore not breaking the head-to-head matchup. Gets interesting from there:

1. Team with greatest number of victories.. (still-tied)

2. Team with greatest number of victories over teams with 50% or better record (still-tied)

3. Team whos opponents have earned the most victories.. (McEwen and WHH have same schedules.. (Still tied) If Riverside Christian Academy has more victories then Houston County, Forrest gets third place... if less they are out of third place tie-breaker...same... (still tied)

4. Team whose opponents have the least number of defeats.. (still tied)

5. Team with the greatest number of victories over opponents in class (Houston County is a 2A team, but I don't know what classification Riverside Christian Academy is. If they are 1A then Forrest would take third place based on this tie-breaker) It not, still tied.....

6. Meet on the 10 yard line!!

The only way it gets to tie-breaker number 6 is if Houston County and Riverside Christian end up with identical records and are listed with the same classification. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same way I had them until I started listening to all of the Silverdale talk and moved them ahead of Grace.

My first list was what I have now then I had Grace-SD tied at third until they settled that on the field. Whitwell may still have a little to say about the order since Whitwell plays both of them in the last two weeks of the season

Does anyone have information on Riverside Christian Academy. Their classification and record could weigh heavily into our playoff picture if McEwen takes care of business. Seems like I remember someone saying they are a first year program from possibly Fayetteville or Lewisburg. I'm not sure. What region were they put in and what is their record this season? I found a Riverside listed in region 7 2A.......is this the same team?

Does anyone have information on Riverside Christian Academy. Their classification and record could weigh heavily into our playoff picture if McEwen takes care of business. Seems like I remember someone saying they are a first year program from possibly Fayetteville or Lewisburg. I'm not sure. What region were they put in and what is their record this season? I found a Riverside listed in region 7 2A.......is this the same team?

The only riverside Christian I could find was in Kentucky can that be right?

1. Jo Byrns

2. Cascade

3. WHHS

4. Forrest

If i'm not mistaken its the same team FORREST stomped in the first game of the season and then last week was STOMPED by Huntland...I'm gonna assume they're a single A team and a start up team from the Fayetteville area..I'm sure its not from Lewisburg... and i dont think they've been put in a region yet