Class 1A playoff teams

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JaxMan...I did a little 'cipherin...If things shake out the way we think here are the records of the teams in the first round from 7-1A and 8-1A....

#4)Halls(1-9) @ #1)McKenzie(9-1)

#3)Union City(7-3) @ #2)Fayette Acd(4-6)

#4)Lake County(6-4) @ #1)T.C.A(8-2)

#3)Manassas(7-3) @ #2)Bruceton(8-2)

I'm predicting Manassas winning out due in large part because their last three opponents are a combined 0-21....LOL

I think the Western 1A regions will finish

Region 7

McKenzie

Bruceton

Union City

Lake County

Region 8

TCA

FA

Manassas

Halls

I agree with your assesment on Region 7 but region 8 is different story. I know there is alot of hype surrounding Trinty and rightfully so but they are not as good as people make them out to be. I have seen them play once this year and twice last year. They just play to soft on the offensive and defensive lines and when they run up against a decent opponent they always struggle because they play a finesse type of game. The game is won up front make no mistake and in my opnion they will never win the big one until they start playing more physical on the offensive and defensive lines. Fayette Academy is the exact opposite they will hit you in the mouth and I think the combination of that and the fact they have never beaten fayette will play a huge factor in the ballgame. JMO.

Your absolutely right, MP, but Moore County hasn't got the players to compete with us THIS SEASON. In case all of you have forgotten I told you 2 months ago Moore County was gonna make some noise toward the end of the season. The game Friday night only confirmed what I suspected all season. Region 6 is down this year. Cascade didn't start playing ball until their third game this year. We beat them by 28 and were not playing well then. Thats what you don't get. Ya, they aren't the same Moore County team now. I predicted they wouldn't be.....remember. The part nobody seems to understand is that we aren't the same Cascade team either. We have gelled since those first two games. If you can get a MTCS fan or Eagleville fan to be honest, they'll tell you how strong Cascade is this year. I've tried to stay away from the smack talk all year, but it irks me that we don't seem to be taken seriously as a state contender when teams we trashed just a month ago now think they have something for us. Good luck to MP and MC the rest of the season and we'll see who's right when the teams matchup in the playoffs.

Region 5 may go 4 - 0 against region 6 this year. Cascade, JB, WHH, and McEwen or Forrest may all win this year. Region 6 teams are playing terrible right now. Way to many turnovers and penalties for any of them to win come playoff time.

Region 5 may go 4 - 0 against region 6 this year. Cascade, JB, WHH, and McEwen or Forrest may all win this year. Region 6 teams are playing terrible right now. Way to many turnovers and penalties for any of them to win come playoff time.

I don't see 4-0. I think MP can play with either Cascade or JB and will easily handle whoever our 4th seed is. I do think that Cascade, MP, and JB are the best three teams out of both regions followed closely by WHH and Wayne County. That is why I think a 3-1 split is possible in the playoffs. The likely matchup of 2. Wayne County vs. 3. WHH could go either way in my opinion.

JaxMan...I did a little 'cipherin...If things shake out the way we think here are the records of the teams in the first round from 7-1A and 8-1A....

#4)Halls(1-9) @ #1)McKenzie(9-1)

#3)Union City(7-3) @ #2)Fayette Acd(4-6)

#4)Lake County(6-4) @ #1)T.C.A(8-2)

#3)Manassas(7-3) @ #2)Bruceton(8-2)

I'm predicting Manassas winning out due in large part because their last three opponents are a combined 0-21....LOL

I think you are right on the money with these picks. It is not inconceivable that Region 7 sweeps Region 8 again this year. Unlikely but it is not impossible. U/C and Lake Co. should be 3 and 4 respectively barring some major upsets, but they are both pretty solid teams with several skilled athletes.

Saying all that, it will probably be TCA vs Bruceton and Fayette vs McKenzie, I can see it being McKenzie vs Bruceton in round 3. I saw Bruceton play Fayette and they are not a bad team they just played a very tough schedule. Bruceton is playing the best football they have played in about 5 years right now!

You lose one game and your ready to throw in the towel? Not ALL Region 6 teams are playing terrible now!

I know you well enough to know you don't believe that... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />