Class 1A playoff teams

FridayMainEvent

Good luck to McKenzie also, Butchie. I know you no longer have a kid playing, but I've gotten attached to our program and intend on following it even after my kids have moved on. I respect TCA and hope to see one of those two teams if we are fortunate enough to advance to the Semi's.... Still a lot of Football to play before we worry about that....

Butchie this is the frist year in three years that I haven't seen McKenzie play. But when I did see them play they would kick some butt. So good luck this week .

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I've already told everyone who will be in the playoffs, I thought I'd go ahead and reveal the first round winners

Hampton

Midway

Oneida

Harriman

South Pitt

Trousdale County

Gordonsville

Friendship Christian

Cascade

Jo Byrns

Mt. Pleasant

Wayne County

McKenzie

Bruceton

Lake County

T.C.A.

The only region matchups which split are region 5 and 6. I'll reveal the second round results soon

I had planned to wait a week before revealing the second round playoff winners to everyone, but since I'm bored, I'll go ahead and do it now. I'll post the third round results next week. Here is how the second round will end up:

Hampton beats Oneida

Midway beats Harriman

Trousdale County beats FCS

Gordonsville upsets South Pitt. (one of the three best second round matchups!)

Cascade beats Wayne County

Jo Byrns beats Mt. Pleasant ( another big second round matchup)

McKenzie beats Lake County

Bruceton beats T.C.A. ( this game will be huge also!)

I am offering a money back gaurantee on these picks..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ....Stay tuned....third round results coming soon!

I had planned to wait a week before revealing the second round playoff winners to everyone, but since I'm bored, I'll go ahead and do it now. I'll post the third round results next week. Here is how the second round will end up:

Hampton beats Oneida

Midway beats Harriman

I am offering a money back gaurantee on these picks..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ....Stay tuned....third round results coming soon!

WELL YOU GOT MOST OF IT RIGHT. WITH ONE PROBLEM FCS IS GOING TO BEAT TROUSDALE COUNTY!!! WHICH WILL SET UP AN INTERESTING 3RD. ROUND GO FCS!!!!!!!!!

Hampton beats Oneida

Midway beats Harriman

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> You may need that money back gaurantee with those picks. Just kidding, couldn't help but take a shot!

the only question i have about cascade is this , have they gotten any faster , if not there going to strugle with teams like wc, mtp, which have really good team speed for 1a schools , wayne county went to cascade last year in the first round and beat them badly with there speed on offense and defense and they are even quicker this year , so has cascade improved in this area

the only question i have about cascade is this , have they gotten any faster , if not there going to strugle with teams like wc, mtp, which have really good team speed for 1a schools , wayne county went to cascade last year in the first round and beat them badly with there speed on offense and defense and they are even quicker this year , so has cascade improved in this area

They absolutely have gotten faster. Also when Cascade played Wayne Co. last year in the playoffs they had three starting LB's out injured. If Cascade takes care of buisness the next three weeks they will more than likely play Moore County and we beat them 28-0 earlier in the year. I know I am going to hear that Moore County has improved and all but so has Cascade ever since the let down of the Mcewen game Cascade has been clicking on all cylinders. Remember when we played Moore County we turned the ball over 2-3 times our first four possesions of the game and still won 28-0. Cascade is the real deal, watch and see.

Your absolutely right, MP, but Moore County hasn't got the players to compete with us THIS SEASON. In case all of you have forgotten I told you 2 months ago Moore County was gonna make some noise toward the end of the season. The game Friday night only confirmed what I suspected all season. Region 6 is down this year. Cascade didn't start playing ball until their third game this year. We beat them by 28 and were not playing well then. Thats what you don't get. Ya, they aren't the same Moore County team now. I predicted they wouldn't be.....remember. The part nobody seems to understand is that we aren't the same Cascade team either. We have gelled since those first two games. If you can get a MTCS fan or Eagleville fan to be honest, they'll tell you how strong Cascade is this year. I've tried to stay away from the smack talk all year, but it irks me that we don't seem to be taken seriously as a state contender when teams we trashed just a month ago now think they have something for us. Good luck to MP and MC the rest of the season and we'll see who's right when the teams matchup in the playoffs.

You mean your actually going to sit there and say that Moore County doesn't have the players to compete with ya'll? We beat Mt Pleasant, remember that, but yet your going to say we can't compete with ya'll? Our game against ya'll was horrible. I know that. But we were so much better of a team then that we showed that night. Plus we have gotten better since then.

I'm glad You Picked Mckenzie Over Lake In The Second Round But That's Impossible. Lake And Mckenzie Are Both In Region 7A /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It can happen.

Gville has Played FC twice and TC once in the second rounds of the past 3 years.

All three teams are in region 4.

1st round, semis, and the championship is the only playoff games that teams from the same region can't play each other.