best defence in 2a

Who cares if you beat a 1a team state runner-ups or not. If your gonna try to impress people with the wins at least list teams even with you in class division or higher, but not beneath. The 5a win is great congrats, when you play a team three class divisions ahead of you your never expected to win. But for future reference leave out the 1a teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

...I beg to differ with you on the above comment...any of the top(ranked) five 1A teams could beat and play with any of the teams 'ranked' in the bottom five of 2A ...it just depends on which teams are playing...not much difference between some 1A and 2A teams!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAK has a pretty darn good defense. A little slower than I would like, but against Alcoa, Alcoa scored on a 96 yard flee flicker. In the second half, Alcoa starters still playing i will note that, the warriors held Alcoa to 7 points. All of this after loosing one of their MLB's for the season to a broken arm and a DL for the season to an ACL.

They have a start in LB Joseph Bennett. Their Safety is tough, he is adjusting to playing LB right now but he will be fine, smart kid who can adjust well. They also have 4 tough DLineman. They arent going to overpower you, bu they will be there all night long and they will do the little things to help make the defense churn.

In alcoa game players were playing out of position to fill the holes, the second half they started to feel comfortable.

I will agree though that until someone beats them, Alcoa has the best defense in East TN 2a, sometimes the best defense can be a good offense! When they had Sommers back in the secondary, I would have said hands down Alcoa, but now there is a chink in the arm, and I think that chink is in the secondary. That is if the pass rush doesnt get to the QB!

Yea im goin with YORK! and u ask who they have played well they played state champs runner up (1a) coalfield and STOMPED them...cannon county who isnt a bad team and has a VERY quick and good running back. Montery, who every1 thought would smoke them! Smith County who always has a good team. Westmoreland who ALWAYS plays hard, and (5a) crossville even though they arent much its still a 5a team!!! so yea they Dont have the easiest schedule. So i believe its YORK ALL THE WAY!!!!! oo and i believe 3 of the td's were are on the special teams...they also have i think 3 shutouts could have 6 if they wouldnt have had jv playing the Jets and if the special teams wouldn't have let #6 from cannon score or let Westmoreland run that punt back.so yea...GO YORK!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hahahaha, Coalfield???!!!! Alcoa beat Oliver Springs, BADLY, like I'm talking we could've scored 100 easily, and they beat to Coalfield, fairly easily. If beating a team like Coalfield is such a great accomplishment then that 7-0 record might be no more soon.

the speed in 2A along with the size of teams we have faced has been so much greater than our days in 1A

Your team has done quite well and you should be proud. I felt after seeing how well they played defense as well as their ability to move the ball in the week 2 game that you would finish within the all important top 3 and that may very well happen.

thanks...we have been very proud of our team this year...a lot of football left but the thought of at least a possible post season is nice to have even if it doesn't happen...as the year opened we assumed it was 10 games and then basketball season...yuch..personally I am not a basketball guy