Preseason Favorites to Reach the 'Boro in A?

THELEGEND

If most of your seniors are starters this year and played a lot of time last year as juniors, then I could definitely see CSAS being the pick for the region. None of Temple's seniors are leaders, nor or they dominant players. We have a very strong junior class, though. We had about eight seniors last year, with three of them being exceptional players, but our two Sophomores were exceptional players, also. I would have to guess that this year's team is as good as the team two years ago, when Seth, Josh, and Dee were juniors and that next year, they will be every bit as good as last year's team, if not better.

What year is the kid from Huntsville?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After my wife died and I moved up here, one of my co-workers invited my to start going to Temple football and basketball games with them last season. The first game I watched was the Temple-Grace game and when Grace first came out on the floor, I thought "uh-oh." However, the Temple guards destroyed the Grace big men. Later on, I began to go to other games around the Chattanooga area and I attended all of the state tourney games last year. I never saw Union play, and I know their fans are loyal, but if you don't get there, you can't win. Grace has great talent, but teams with quick guards and good defense give them fits. CSAS plays balanced ball and with all the players they have returning, they should be a force to be reckoned with. My friends at Temple tell me they have a new crop of very fast players and if these guys can play defense, the season should be inresting to watch in the Chattanooga area.

The only new kid that is a force on the team would be Jarrod Johnson(?) I believe that he is a senior. I have no idea where he is from but I think Winning1 said something about a kid from Alabama. It would have to be him.

I was told by one of the players that Jarod was a junior. An assisstant coach told me, and I hope I repeat it correctly, that he is from Alabama, and that he came to Chattanooga to live with Brandon Andrews' family (relatives of his) after his mother was activated in the military. I also heard, from an AAU ref, that he's a beast in the middle. I hope he's right, Temple's got some big holes to fill there.

I was told by one of the players that Jarod was a junior. An assisstant coach told me, and I hope I repeat it correctly, that he is from Alabama, and that he came to Chattanooga to live with Brandon Andrews' family (relatives of his) after his mother was activated in the military. I also heard, from an AAU ref, that he's a beast in the middle. I hope he's right, Temple's got some big holes to fill there.

Is he the one that got two fouls in the first two minutes of the game? If so he could do alot of watching this year......He is big though.....

well region 1 and 2 might be down for certain years, but the talent goes in spurts. for instance in 99 and 2000 cosby was state runner-up, 04 unaka wins state championship. an the other years in the early 2000's went to temple, which is region 3. so the east can play some good basketball too.

And in '03 University School JC went to the semi-fanals, and in '05, Unaka played Peabody tooth and nail and had them beat but gave it away... Does anyone else have anything to say about Regions 1 and 2 being AWFUL?

culleoka and moore co. will be very tough to beat this year...both will probably make it to state and both have a chance to go deep...both returning basically the whole team and the young players from culleoka have only gotten better....especially the twins....there learning how to use the 6'7 frames and there really becoming good ballplayers... look for culleoka to contend for the title