Gordonsville @ Friendship

Enjoy your post and the fact you still follow your team, I hate to see people get on and represent the school in a

Bitter way and say things about others. Thanks that you always keep your post positive and represent your past team and school in a fine manner.

I did the best I could so that the screen name would be easy to guess... The way I see it the team that you support should know who you are anyway. I want them to be able to know who is giving them a compliment, or walk up to me and punch me if they think I am insulting them. Alot better than nameless fish /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> just kidding of course.

You know up close and personal about the fireworks

Yeah, you might say that I have a general idea about the fireworks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hello Mossy, Shizzle, Croz & co. I have had to impose a brief hiatus from these message boards due to my teams lackluster performance thus far. I'm not much on boasting unless the team shows (on the field) that they will back it up "week in and week out". You might wanto to try that approach sometime - Mossy!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But let me assure all of you that I have not abandoned the defending 1A REGION 4 CHAMPIONS & 2007 STATE RUNNER-UP's from Possumtown!!! the FC - COMMANDERS

Nor have I questioned or attacked our coaching staff and their decisions (unlike other Region foes who I will not mention) after losses this year. Instead, I think McNeal & our coaches have done well with the staggering graduation and injury loses they have faced this season. With so many sophomores (approximately 8) starting and even a couple of freshmen seeing so much playing time early I can only see big things coming around the bend for the Commanders!

As you know Mossy, I have been busy scouting G-ville this year and am curious to see what the offenseive flavor of the week will be for this week from the Blue Tigers. It seems each week you guys have more than a couple of new wrinkles. I'm glad to know that Smith is injury free and am also happy to see the Seagraves kid doing well and back on the sidelines. Please let he and his family know that the FC community continues to pray for him and his sisters speedy recovery and their parents. I think it's miraculous and inspiring to us all seeing him back among his team-mates on the sidelines!

I will post only this message until Friday afternoon and then comeback with my pick for the game. Afterall, I've got to watch the Tigers practice a couple of times (incognito) this week before I make my final decision.

I am hoping that the same G-ville team I watched play at TC and at home earlier this year against SC shows up Friday night in Possumtown. If your boys give FC as many turnovers as you did SC - we might be able to keep it close! However, Mossy if your boy shows up like he did at Westmoreland it could be a long nite for our boys in the trenches.

I really wish we could play your tigers at 100% with all of our weapons loaded (kind of going into a gunfight with a single shot as opposed to a fully automatic) . Don't get me wrong, we'll still show up. But there is a big difference in our team with a healthy Alsup in the backfield and without him. Patton being out on D is also a significant loss but Lowe will reload and have a plan devised come Friday night. I think the winner of this game could sew up at least 2nd in the Region and possibly avoid South Pitt until rd. 3. A loss for either team will put their back against the wall and fighting to finish 4th with a possible round 1 trip over the mountain to face a team that owes both FC and G-ville for the past 2 years home upsets to Region 4's lower seeded teams.

I think if Gordonsville loses they will finish 3rd in the Region and will still convincingly beat H20town. They are intimidated by the Blue Tigers and for some reason can't bring the same intensity aginst you guys that Coach Webster gets them to bring against TC. It's been 20 years since the purple tigers beat FC and 22 since they beat G-ville.

If FC loses Friday they might miss the playoffs altogether due to their loss against Monterey. Afterall they have to travel to TC next week to face a team that thoroughly whipped G-ville 2 weeks ago.

I'm not sure that a 3rd place finisher in this Region might not be the spot to be in. That way you get to avoid S. Pitt (although Lookout Valley is very good this year) at least for the 1st 2 rounds and could play a Rd. 2 game against a team that you lost to earlier in the year (revenge factor). As was evident last year, from our teams Rd 3 game, it can be alot harder to beat a good team the 2nd time than it is the 1st.

Best of luck in your teams preparations and we'll look (and listen) for you guys this weekend! And will you ask coach Dillard to move his practice up on the game field for this week? It's alot easier to film that from my secret location than it is your practice field. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Just to clear up the math. Waterwings beat G'Ville in 1991 26-16 and beat FCS in 1989 18-12.

I did the best I could so that the screen name would be easy to guess... The way I see it the team that you support should know who you are anyway. I want them to be able to know who is giving them a compliment, or walk up to me and punch me if they think I am insulting them. Alot better than nameless fish /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> just kidding of course.

Yeah, you might say that I have a general idea about the fireworks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

how come we dont have the fireworks anymore??? couldnt get enough donations???

You know me, you are in the same dorm as my son, same floor I think.

If that does not let you know who I am I will find you Friday night and let you know.

You became FCSprideatUT in January so that kept me from considering who you were.

See you Friday Night.

Go Green

how come we dont have the fireworks anymore??? couldnt get enough donations???

A father of one of last years Seniors paid for them out of his pocket the last few years.

Now that his son has graduated the hope was someone else would continue the tradition and

no one stepped forward.

We never had fireworks but my senior year our last game of the regular season we came out to smoke and bad to the bone we got the smoke thing kick started a long time ago but the fireworks thing was great when I came home and saw them vs Temple and Grace last year I wish someone would step up and pay for it surely there is someone that could do it The way things are there now maybe one of the kids would donate his allowance for them.

Things have changed alot since way back then but one thing remains the same

FCS still beats G-ville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

championship caliber wtf that is funny all i recall is a big lost last year pass that crack over here that sum good stuff fcs always cryin bout we got ppl hurt well go cry to daddy like you always do

Just curious but that was the one and only loss FCS had last year how many did you have I know of two. Did you have good seats at the championship game???There was no blue and white on the field I didn't even see a G-ville jacket in the stands that day too embarassed after having two shots at the state runner up?? No one at FCS cries the only people who cry is the Big Blue of G-ville when they got booted from the playoffs by whom??so Friday night will be a real tear jerker for you since this will be your only shot at FCS this year you won't make it far enough to see them again this year!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Howdy fellers i jest got in from a feedin muh cows and noticed ole coach mac had the lites off tonight over here in possumtown. What with dis here bein a big game in all I figgered he wood be a runnin dem dare green fellers till late at nite.

Should be a good un this here friday nite. Always look forward to seein my friends from up yonder in Gordensville drive down here to Possumtown. Ya'll are some good folks cept when ole Mossy gits all worked up. Plus my ole truck wont hardly make it past the square.

Dem dare green fellers is still a hurtin a bunch but that aint no excuse. They got to git em some farr about em. They jest aint got no farr like they should but I am a thinkin we gonna see whut they made of this here friday nite cause if ye cant git farred up fer this un then ye art to jest quit and go feed the pigs.

You G fellers have ye a safe trip to Possumtown. We lookin forward to seein yall

Just curious but that was the one and only loss FCS had last year how many did you have I know of two. Did you have good seats at the championship game???There was no blue and white on the field I didn't even see a G-ville jacket in the stands that day too embarassed after having two shots at the state runner up?? No one at FCS cries the only people who cry is the Big Blue of G-ville when they got booted from the playoffs by whom??so Friday night will be a real tear jerker for you since this will be your only shot at FCS this year you won't make it far enough to see them again this year!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The post you were replying to was from a Watertown fan, not a Gville fan.

By the way, there was blue and white on the field, Wasn't that JCS's colors?

I think Gville wins this game.

They have more formations on offense than they did last year, hopefully, they confuse the FCS defense.

It should be a good game, I can't wait.

Go Big Blue!!!!!!