Ooltewah @ Farragut

hunter

i am surprised no one has updated this game....

Farragut defeats the Owls 44-41 in a thrilling game. Ooltewah got within 3 with around 2:30 left. Farragut then ended up punting. Ooltewah got a 5 or so yard run then threw deep and it was almost caught. Then 2 incomplete passes later Farragut had the ball and was kneeling on it. Farragut at one point was up 23-7. At the half it was 30-14 Farragut.

also from an Ooltewah fan that was there.. What exactly happened on that little scuffle on the side line after a Sterling run? All I saw was about 5 guys trying to tackle him then he went out of bounds then an Owl player came flying in and slammed into the pile.... There weren't any flags thrown at all. Then the next thing I knew the Farragut coaches were running over there and all the owl fans were booing....

Had to go back 3 pages to find something about the game.

Good post!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, # 24 Garrison Caldwell was among the seven students charged on Friday. He and the running back Brian Marshall were described by the Walker County sheriff as the "ringleaders and instigators" of the whole incident. Caldwell had been suspended from the team earlier in the week on something unrelated to all this.

I want to point out two things. The Walker County Sheriff is not some publicity seeking nut. He is well respected, and has been in office for many years. Two of his citizens suffered serious injuries in a gang-style attack, and he sought justice. I'm sure if it happened to someone in your family, you would appreciate the efforts of him and his department.

Also, to those who want to sweep this under the rug "because it's not related to the game," grow up. The actions of high school football players (especially if they're wearing their team jerseys) off the field, and in the community are a direct reflection on their school. And if no one has taught them that, then the adults in charge should be ashamed.

I'm sick of certain Ooltewah High school administrators, coaches, teachers and boosters blaming the Sheriff, Ridgeland fans, and the media for all of Ooltewah's troubles. They wanted all of this to be covered up and hushed up, but fortunately, justice has been done and that did not happen. Hopefully they finally learn from all this and start focusing their attention where it belongs...in their own house.

No one is saying that Ooltewah has 2000 bad students. The huge majority of them are great. But the school's leadership and athletic program should finally acknowledge that they have a number of problem students, including some star athletes, and then deal with them appropriately.

The offending thugs should be dismissed from the football team, and given some serious discipline. The fact they're still allowed to wear Ooltewah's uniform is an embarassment.

The school should make a strong statement: start with a clean slate and make every effort to regain their good reputation.

Yes, # 24 Garrison Caldwell was among the seven students charged on Friday. He and the running back Brian Marshall were described by the Walker County sheriff as the "ringleaders and instigators" of the whole incident. Caldwell had been suspended from the team earlier in the week on something unrelated to all this.

I want to point out two things. The Walker County Sheriff is not some publicity seeking nut. He is well respected, and has been in office for many years. Two of his citizens suffered serious injuries in a gang-style attack, and he sought justice. I'm sure if it happened to someone in your family, you would appreciate the efforts of him and his department.

Also, to those who want to sweep this under the rug "because it's not related to the game," grow up. The actions of high school football players (especially if they're wearing their team jerseys) off the field, and in the community are a direct reflection on their school. And if no one has taught them that, then the adults in charge should be ashamed.

I'm sick of certain Ooltewah High school administrators, coaches, teachers and boosters blaming the Sheriff, Ridgeland fans, and the media for all of Ooltewah's troubles. They wanted all of this to be covered up and hushed up, but fortunately, justice has been done and that did not happen. Hopefully they finally learn from all this and start focusing their attention where it belongs...in their own house.

No one is saying that Ooltewah has 2000 bad students. The huge majority of them are great. But the school's leadership and athletic program should finally acknowledge that they have a number of problem students, including some star athletes, and then deal with them appropriately.

The offending thugs should be dismissed from the football team, and given some serious discipline. The fact they're still allowed to wear Ooltewah's uniform is an embarassment.

The school should make a strong statement: start with a clean slate and make every effort to regain their good reputation.

I tend to agree with you on this one Broadbat. I don't know about complete dismissal from the team, but if this were to happen at WB, I would be disappointed if the players involved--especially the two instigators--weren't at least suspended for a game or two. It is easy for outsiders (including me) to throw stones and make accusations, but obviously, by the news coverage reports, this is a situation that deserves more than just extra laps at practice, early morning running, etc. These players should be penalized some playing time in my opinion. Coach Monroe has dropped a notch on my respect level, that is for sure. And I agree with you, THIS DOES NOT make the whole community of Ooltewah, nor the school, a bunch of bad people. It simply points to the fact that all of our schools and communities have individuals that "cross acceptable lines" sometimes and we need to enforce proper discipline measures when they do. For the good of the school and for the good of the indivuals involved.

People crack me up that get on here with 2 posts and run their mouths. Also Footballfn999, is there anyway you could go to a thread and talk about the topic of that thread???? You are so pathetic. By the way, Sterling is not a GOD. I say he is holding his own jock strap probaby dipping it in gold so everyone can throw rose petals at it. I think you are frienzz on a different name /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Winning by a field goal with time running out is harding dominating. Oh don't you worry....we will be in the playoffs and maybe even play your GOLDENBOY again. Ya wanna talk cocky and full of himself. He was taunting and running his mouth every play. He even called called for it. Did ya notice that one of our BEST players wasn't there??? Although, the kid that took his place played a good game. We will see you again possibly. Just remember, you one by 3 not 30 and the team that beat you WE BEAT in this region. Anything can happen in high school football. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

honestly you shouldnt talk about u beating a team that we lost to in overtime, i believe you guys were shut out 32-0 by william blount and if i stand correct farragut beat them....so i think that the admirals outweigh you in that category...and in response to the whole scuffle on the sideline i think it was obvious that about five ooltewah players hit sterling on to the concrete then just kept goin and got in his face...i mean did the players that hit him really have to run out onto the track too...sterling is an excellent football player whos gonna go somewhere im tired of you people trying to bring him down just b/c u lost it was the same with wb and their whole situation...and i havnt seen sterling going around town beating up kids...hes a good kid let him be

Folks take the talk about the Ridgeland incident to another topic/thread or this topic will get closed.

I want to read about the game!

Our qb,played very well after a bad start,Marshall had a better performance,than sterling,but sterling won the game(which in the end is all that counts)..,..don't know sterling,persnally,but he is a punk football player: ran his mouth entire game,he did start the whole thing on the sideline,I was standing right there!!!..,..he tried to push a defender down after the play,both fell down,then he tried to push or headbutt our guy,then when he tryed to get up a owl player went to push him off of our defender.,.one of our coaches grabbed the owl player and walked him to the other end of the sideline.,.sterling turned around and pushed a couple of players,it happened,so fast and it was behind our entire bench,then when a fat cop starts to run over to the sideline,then farragut coaches ran over there.And before,anybody get's on here and starts in on me..,..I know our boys could easily be thrown in that catagory(punks),so,don't act like,I'm delusional about today's kids and all the mouthing they do,I don't like any of it. It was a great game to watch,not a great game to lose,I was more impressed w/ your qb than sterling.,.he stepped it up,sterling was sterling(the runningback),we gave farragut 2 chances to score and they did!!(kickoff return..int),good teams do. see ya in the playoffs.

your kidding me right? you really just said that and you were serious, wow. ooltewah's players are a bunch of THUGS. they were hitting late the whole game and should have had multiple penalties on them. also on the sideline, there is no way in heck andre started that. it started after he carried the pile for about ten yards and them some stupid ****** slammed him on to the track about 10 seconds after the whistle blew. i dont care if andre shoved him or not, he was defending himself from ooltewahs cheapshots. and also, after the last kneel down, another THUG from ooltewah ran through and knocked down zack allen, also about 5 seconds after he kneeled it. MARSHALL CANT HOLD ANDRE'S JOCK. END OF DISCUSSION. FARRAGUT 1ST IN REGION 2-5A. MAYBE OOLTEWAH SHOULD STOP LETTING THUGS PLAY AND THEY MIGHT ACTUALLY BE DECENT...AND THEY SHOULD ALSO GET RID OF ALL THOSE darn FLAGS.

your kidding me right? you really just said that and you were serious, wow. ooltewah's players are a bunch of THUGS. they were hitting late the whole game and should have had multiple penalties on them. also on the sideline, there is no way in heck andre started that. it started after he carried the pile for about ten yards and them some stupid ****** slammed him on to the track about 10 seconds after the whistle blew. i dont care if andre shoved him or not, he was defending himself from ooltewahs cheapshots. and also, after the last kneel down, another THUG from ooltewah ran through and knocked down zack allen, also about 5 seconds after he kneeled it. MARSHALL CANT HOLD ANDRE'S JOCK. END OF DISCUSSION. FARRAGUT 1ST IN REGION 2-5A. MAYBE OOLTEWAH SHOULD STOP LETTING THUGS PLAY AND THEY MIGHT ACTUALLY BE DECENT...AND THEY SHOULD ALSO GET RID OF ALL THOSE darn FLAGS.

i agree they played like thugs last night they have no class and need to learn some while shaking hands with them after the game they were still talking **** so all i have to say we won get over it and andre is a god your mad cause he destroys your defense

i agree they played like thugs last night they have no class and need to learn some while shaking hands with them after the game they were still talking **** so all i have to say we won get over it and andre is a god your mad cause he destroys your defense

i m taking a poll here. how many people think HUNTER/BRAVES4LIFE are in the BAND NEVER PLAYED a lick of football since little league, if even then. theres noway anybody thats ever played would get on here and and say the most ridiculous remarks that these 2 drummer boys say. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />