Union City @ Greenfield

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Union City TORNADOES......

I am a Union City graduate,so I am a TORNADO.....

Hope that helps... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The spelling challenged thanks you. UC has grads? I always thought they were released on their recognizance. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes let me bring attention to this. Greenfield has two coaches for their high school team. What's worse is one of them is a volunteer assistant. A volunteer! We have one faculty coach. 1 What's worse is the coach that was just replaced from the high school is the jr. high head coach and he's the only coach there too! That's right folks two faculty coaches for two football teams. It's a friggin joke! Jackie Vaughn has ruined Greenfield football and it will take a decade or better to get over it. The coaches are doing the best they can and God bless Adam Dowland for volunteering his time so our high school can have two coaches. If he didn't volunteer some idiot like David Dunlap would be forced to coach and that guy knows nothing about anything. Adam doesn't get paid one red cent. I think its a joke that our booster club doesn't give him at least 1,000 dollars for all his time. He's put in every second as much time as the head coach. IT IS A SHAME WHATS GOING ON WITH FOOTBALL AT GREENFIELD AND ITS ALL JACKIE VAUGHN'S FAULT!!!

No Adam you are wrong. More people wouldn't go to Westview if they could. People in Greenfield and Gleason and even Dresden love their schools and want to play for their hometown teams. The problem is Greenfield is your father has run our freakin football program into the ground. Having one coach on staff to coach the high school football team is a joke! Your father gave idiots like David Dunlap tenure to coach nothing! That guy is a waste! Jackie Vaughn has single handedly hurt Greenfield's football program and it will take 10 years after Jackie is finally gone to fix it. Jackie Vaughn is a joke and I along with the rest of Greenfield will celebrate the day his is gone. McKenzie's principal told me he wanted to win in everything and he hated losing. That is what it takes and Greenfield doesn't have it...period

I never said anything about people not loving their schools or that they didn't want to play for their hometown team. I simply said if it was easy to live anywhere in Weakley Co. and go to Westview to play, more people would do it. Yes after your 8th Grade year you can live anywhere and go anywhere as long as you have not attended or practiced for any high school. Once you are there you are there. Unless of course you have the bona fide change of residence which is the not so easy part. Not everyone is willing to just up and move.

If you love Mckenzie's principal so much and hate my dad, I am sure there are houses for sell in McKenzie.

Greenfield 42

Union City 38

Greenfield will run at will on Union City. Union City will pass at will on Greenfield. High scoring affair. Big win for the Jackets.

Union City will be watching "Spanktervision" by halftime. G-field will be headed to the house to relieve themselves of the Wimpy burger. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We do have a JV team and they have played some games. They have done well in their scrimmage games. Most of our High School team is Sophmores and younger, we only have a few juniors and seniors. I think it would be great for both teams. Please tell your coach to contact our coach, Jason Rodehaver. Jason is a good guy and is doing a great job and he will work with you.

Just be aware while teams like UC and Westview (I know WV has 29-30 Freshmen) Greenfield probably has only 30 players 9th-12th grade so the JV is very small.

We do have a JV team and they have played some games. They have done well in their scrimmage games. Most of our High School team is Sophmores and younger, we only have a few juniors and seniors. I think it would be great for both teams. Please tell your coach to contact our coach, Jason Rodehaver. Jason is a good guy and is doing a great job and he will work with you.

If they have mostly sophs and younger playing varsity they prolly don't need to be playing JV games....

UC has 23 freshmen...UC has quite a few sophs starting at the varsity level....When we do play JV games we suit up all the freshmen and some others...We end up having around 35 dressed for JV games...

Yes let me bring attention to this. Greenfield has two coaches for their high school team. What's worse is one of them is a volunteer assistant. A volunteer! We have one faculty coach. 1 What's worse is the coach that was just replaced from the high school is the jr. high head coach and he's the only coach there too! That's right folks two faculty coaches for two football teams. It's a friggin joke! Jackie Vaughn has ruined Greenfield football and it will take a decade or better to get over it. The coaches are doing the best they can and God bless Adam Dowland for volunteering his time so our high school can have two coaches. If he didn't volunteer some idiot like David Dunlap would be forced to coach and that guy knows nothing about anything. Adam doesn't get paid one red cent. I think its a joke that our booster club doesn't give him at least 1,000 dollars for all his time. He's put in every second as much time as the head coach. IT IS A SHAME WHATS GOING ON WITH FOOTBALL AT GREENFIELD AND ITS ALL JACKIE VAUGHN'S FAULT!!!

I don't know who you think you are, but you have no right whatsoever to get on this or any other board and call someone an idiot. It shows your lack of character.

No backjudge you are wrong. I have given my time, money, blood, sweat, and tears to Greenfield's football program in my 20+ years being involved with it. I have seen bad times and some good years as well. I have seen Jackie Vaughn run the program into the ground, and ruin a good school. The drug use at Greenfield's school was horrible a few years ago and Jackie wouldn't let the drug dogs come in because it would show that his school was in shambles. that's a joke! I can't wait till he leaves and nothing about Greenfield can ever be less than mediocre until he is gone!

I don't know who you think you are, but you have no right whatsoever to get on this or any other board and call someone an idiot. It shows your lack of character.

I know that coaching staffs of 5 or less struggle in some single A programs, much less a program with only 2 coaches. Does Greenfield not feel like they owe their kids more than that? It is this simple, you can't do it with two. Heck, you can't coach baseball with two very easily! Greenfield administrators need to quit making the small town excuses. As much money as the anal retentive police force makes the city of Greenfield each week off of out-of-towners' speeding tickets, they could pay 10 coaches! Their football program is not very good and their speed limit is nothing but a trap! Real great place to live--I'll settle for a McDonald's burger anyday!!

I don't know why Greenfield has only one paid coach and I am not going to touch the comments above...but I will say that in today's West Tenn football enviroment it is almost impossible to be successful with one paid coach...there is way to much to do each week

Let's just say athletics are not a priorty at Greenfield, there was a time when they were. Not to say they should replace acedemics but they can both have a high priority and excel. Westview and other places are proof of that.

Let's just say athletics are not a priorty at Greenfield, there was a time when they were. Not to say they should replace acedemics but they can both have a high priority and excel. Westview and other places are proof of that.

I agree...it is a shamw for the kids to work so hard and get little support...I am sure it is just as hot during two a days in Greenfiled as the rest of the state