SMYRNA VS LAVERGNE

82cat

Does that mean LaVergne and Siegel will have to play each other in a bowl??

They will probably be the only .500 or better 5-a teams in the area to not be in the state playoffs unless Ravenwood upsets Dickson County.

(Ironic that LaVergne beat Antioch like a drum...Antioch not only will be in the playoffs - they may win their region outright - whatever)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that mean LaVergne and Siegel will have to play each other in a bowl??

They will probably be the only .500 or better 5-a teams in the area to not be in the state playoffs unless Ravenwood upsets Dickson County.

(Ironic that LaVergne beat Antioch like a drum...Antioch not only will be in the playoffs - they may win their region outright - whatever)

What is really ironic is teams that are out in this region would probably be a lock in some other Regions.

82cat, I have to give you credit for figuring all that out. It made my head hurt just reading it. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It's heart-breaking to think that these guys could be out of playoff contention due to 7 points, and two losses due to late winning-field goal misses.

Both teams played in amazing came.

And that corner-catch from Chris Gray for a touchdown...oh my goodness. That's got to be one of the best catches I've seen this year.

edit: Actually, all three of LaVergne's losses have involved last-second field goals.

It's a funny game, football.

I was on the sideline by the end zone a couple feet away on grays catch it was awesome.

the previous playoff breakdown was purely selfish I just wanted to see if there was any way smyrna would be out and due to tie breakers the answer is no

I also wanted to see if lavergne could possibly still get in because I think they deserve it but every scenario done giving them the best outcome still did not work due to tie breakers other than the second one where it still is not clear because until the out of region foes records are finished you dont know who will win 50% of their games.

I will say it right now LAvergne would win lincoln counties region and for them to be home is a shame.

I have been around a long time and have never seen these tie breakers used.

lavergne must win out wc must lose out and then a whole lot of stuff occur for lavergne to get in.

to say it is a long shot is to put it mildly

I heard Bather and Rod had a pretty good battle going on also.

They had Rod bracketed pretty well. They had Bather underneath and 99% of the time the Safety over the top. It appeared to me that some of Sonny's troubles came when he was being pressured and tried to force things into Rod trying to make a play. They had a good plan to slow those 2 down. More importantly, they had the athletes back there to do it. It will be interesting to see if Riverdale does a similar scheme.

I think the best way for Lavergne to get in goes like this:

Lavergne win out

Lebanon beat Siegel

Then become Smyrna fans against Wilson Central

Riverdale

Smyrna

Lebanon

Lavergne

Same as last year, that would set up a Lavergne-Smyrna second round rematch.

I was on the sideline by the end zone a couple feet away on grays catch it was awesome.

the previous playoff breakdown was purely selfish I just wanted to see if there was any way smyrna would be out and due to tie breakers the answer is no

I also wanted to see if lavergne could possibly still get in because I think they deserve it but every scenario done giving them the best outcome still did not work due to tie breakers other than the second one where it still is not clear because until the out of region foes records are finished you dont know who will win 50% of their games.

I will say it right now LAvergne would win lincoln counties region and for them to be home is a shame.

I have been around a long time and have never seen these tie breakers used.

lavergne must win out wc must lose out and then a whole lot of stuff occur for lavergne to get in.

to say it is a long shot is to put it mildly

I think the best way for Lavergne to get in goes like this:

Lavergne win out

Lebanon beat Siegel

Then become Smyrna fans against Wilson Central

Riverdale

Smyrna

Lebanon

Lavergne

Same as last year, that would set up a Lavergne-Smyrna second round rematch.

smyrna losing out would eliminate lavergne and smyrna would still be in now thas is ironic!

heres how i see it in the real world playing out

riverdale 6-1 or 7-0

smyrna 5-2 0r 6-1

lebanon 5-2

wc 5-2

lavergne 3-4 (beat wc lose to riverdale)

where it gets crazy is if siegel wins out (see previous tie breaker rules)

the second round will all be region 4 rematches, region 4 will sweep the 1st round

the 3rd round will then be another region 4 match to get to the semis.

oh...so your saying were gonna finish 5-2 and by losing to lavergne i guess your saying were going to beat you guys.

no I am saying you will lose to smyrna and beat lavergne based on my opinion and I would expect yours to be different.

right now there is no way for smyrna to be eliminated (see previous post) but there is for wc so instead of worrying about somebody picking you to go 5 and 2 and make the play offs you may want to beat lavergne to even be sure you are in.

lavergne win out

wc lose out

lebanon beat siegel

wc is out!

no I am saying you will lose to smyrna and beat lavergne based on my opinion and I would expect yours to be different.

right now there is no way for smyrna to be eliminated (see previous post) but there is for wc so instead of worrying about somebody picking you to go 5 and 2 and make the play offs you may want to beat lavergne to even be sure you are in.

lavergne win out

wc lose out

lebanon beat siegel

wc is out!

thats not what you said though...you put a 5-2 record next to our names and then next to lavergne you said they'd beat us and lose to riverdale...i aint worried about nobody..you said it..not me. i just wanted to know if i read it right.

you are correct I did incorrectly post it both ways ( I have looked at a lot of scenarios) although I did have lavergnes region finish correct at 3-4

let me make it clear what I 'think" will happen as to who will be in

riverdale 7-0 or 6-1

smyrna 6-1 0r 5-2

lebanon 5-2

wc 5-2

lavergne - out 3-4 lose to wc and riverdale

siegel - out loss to lebanon

it is hard to believe that any team as talented as lavergne or wc could even have any chance at being eliminated with only 2 games to go.