McMinn vs. William Blount

jethro

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn is scary, but I don't see why everyone thinks this is going to be a terrible squeaker.

ill tell you exactly why this is a terrible squeaker. over the past two seasons we have been 8-1 at home. there will be a huge crowd at the game and as a former starter (in the 2005 and 2006) and close friend to all of those guys i know how hard mcminn will play at home. it will be a close game and it will come down to somebody else besides #8(Devon Johnson) makin plays because ive seen the billy blount vs. oak ridge film and they comletely dominated a probable all state runnin back in Jared stephens. if we can keep the game close and limit turnovers we can beat a very powerfull bill blount team but if the coach plays to not lose rather than playin to win it colud get ugly VERY QUICKLY.

Id say Mcminn 24 William Blount 21 in a tight one!!!!

Hope the rumor is wrong... He's usually one of the good people who keep the rest of us from getting out of hand... His posts are well written and informitive... He represents the Gov Nation with class and dignity and is a good example for people like me who tend to let our emotions get the best of us.......

I ditto that.

I know at the very least he's still reading. And if he is, check your PM box.

WOW its time for both these teams to go at it. McMinn is a great team and with alot of speed on the offense of side of the ball got a great QB with alot of talent. However William blount defense is strong and flys around to the ball. WB did let farragut run all over them and McMinn did not. Oak Ridge ran all over McMinn and WB did not. however i think that WB offense is faster than McMinn defense because i went down to see the McMinn against Soddy game and McMinn had there QB on the Defense side of the ball playing. that shows that they do not have enough speed on the defense. however they are a great team and i hope for the best i am for neither team i just like to know facts and say facts. Good Luck to both teams

WOW its time for both these teams to go at it. McMinn is a great team and with alot of speed on the offense of side of the ball got a great QB with alot of talent. However William blount defense is strong and flys around to the ball. WB did let farragut run all over them and McMinn did not. Oak Ridge ran all over McMinn and WB did not. however i think that WB offense is faster than McMinn defense because i went down to see the McMinn against Soddy game and McMinn had there QB on the Defense side of the ball playing. that shows that they do not have enough speed on the defense. however they are a great team and i hope for the best i am for neither team i just like to know facts and say facts. Good Luck to both teams

i agree with most of your post, except about McMinn not letting Farragut run all over them. Correct me if im wrong please cause im not 100% sure on this; i thought that andre sterling still managed around 200+ yards on them, but like i said may be wrong cause just saw the score and all that.

either way i expect a good game but WB pulls away

William Blount 34

Mcminn 17

i agree with most of your post, except about McMinn not letting Farragut run all over them. Correct me if im wrong please cause im not 100% sure on this; i thought that andre sterling still managed around 200+ yards on them, but like i said may be wrong cause just saw the score and all that.

either way i expect a good game but WB pulls away

William Blount 34

Mcminn 17

yes this is correct sterling had an average game farragut had many chances to put mcminn away but they didnt im not trying to take anything away from mcminn they played hard to win that game and deserved to win

yes this is correct sterling had an average game farragut had many chances to put mcminn away but they didnt im not trying to take anything away from mcminn they played hard to win that game and deserved to win

alright thanks just checking, but oh no im not meaning to take anything away either. I mean exspecially when you give up a lot of rushing yards to anyone and fight hard and win, no matter what you deserve it. Good luck to both teams.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "farragut had many chances to put mcminn away". I was at that game and Sterling was the only reason the game was even close. I will say that Farragut plays harder than any team McMinn will face besides Blount. Just looking at talent, Oak Ridge should be unstoppable but I think their coach doesnt know how to use his players. Looks like he got scared against Blount and stopped getting the ball to his playmakers. Just an opinion but if you have that much talent and size but not a great qb, keep running the ball and throw the quick stuff.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "farragut had many chances to put mcminn away". I was at that game and Sterling was the only reason the game was even close. I will say that Farragut plays harder than any team McMinn will face besides Blount. Just looking at talent, Oak Ridge should be unstoppable but I think their coach doesnt know how to use his players. Looks like he got scared against Blount and stopped getting the ball to his playmakers. Just an opinion but if you have that much talent and size but not a great qb, keep running the ball and throw the quick stuff.

Does WB have good DB's? McMinn did not pick up the pace with Farragut until they went to their passing game. The running game was fair, but McMinn best threat is their passing with #8 being their best running threat.

Does anyone know who might be recruiting him? Not to change the thread to him, just curious.