MARYVILLE VS SOUTHDOYLE

OLDWALLANDHIGH

Compton?

Our QB threw an interception to him at linebacker. Somebody tripped him as I started to hit him. I had lost my mouthpiece. I stuck my facemask in the top of his helmet and came up spitting teeth. Fractured jaw and 20 stitches just below my teeth line on my chin. It was ugly and took years to repair.

You guys help me remember his name. He was a tough dude. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville is still getting lucky, man. Coach Quarter or whatever needs to admit it. Just because they have won 7 in a row...What's the big deal? I would say South Doyle should probably win this one. One thing is for sure..I know South Doyle would win if they were playing basketball. Maryville hasn't had a good basketball team in a long time.

Maryville is still getting lucky, man. Coach Quarter or whatever needs to admit it. Just because they have won 7 in a row...What's the big deal? I would say South Doyle should probably win this one. One thing is for sure..I know South Doyle would win if they were playing basketball. Maryville hasn't had a good basketball team in a long time.

Wow! you are embarrasing yourself. Does 2007 State Champs not count for anything? I know Heather and you sure ai'nt her. You should have more respect for her than to use her name with such rediculous posts. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Steve Compton was the best player on Walland's 1976 team. I got to know him through his cousins. I worked with his cousins. Steve died of cancer just a few months ago.

I didn't know he had passed.. lived next door to him in an apartment near MHS in the early 80's. He was a good guy....good ballplayer...

The Shriners game was played the summer after the 76' season. My old brain is failing me. Who was the good linebacker for Walland in 76'?

DADDY JACK CHANGED THEM GUYS UP A LOT.

COULD HAVE BEEN SAM ROBERTS. OR COULD HAVE BEEN BOBBY REX EVERETT. OR THE OTHER COMPTON. STEVE OR BIG DAVE. OR LAW. I WILL FIND OUT.

DAD BURN THIS C. R. S. (cant remember stuff) lol

Steve Compton was the best player on Walland's 1976 team. I got to know him through his cousins. I worked with his cousins. Steve died of cancer just a few months ago.

not disrespecting steve or anything, i have to disagree on the best player.

i would put sam roberts in there first, then steve then bobby rex, then gregory.

I think Heather is suffering from sleep deprivation.. Either that or keeping company with Dearstone and Jacolbe causes brain damage.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This morning I was a bit confused. I was wondering why the UT vs La Laf game wasn't going to be on Lincoln Financial. I thought it was just coincidence that they are always showing 2 SEC teams at the same time playing each other.

I agree with you Heather, Maryville hasn't won a basketball game since last season. I don't know why they think they will win this basketball game on Friday night or whatever. If they do, it will be huge because the track coach at SD knows his business.