Science Hill @ Campbell CO.

FTBMAN

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont look for any changes on offense (same ole, same ole). Hey coach Smith "what ever happen to the heavy offense" with Hamilton and Trent as full backs??

"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you've always got."

In our case it is very little to no offense!

Our defense and special teams have been for the most part good all season. I wish our coaches would make adjustments when we need them according to what is being thrown at us on the field. I am not a fan of the dancing defense. Many times we find ourselves (during our dance) on our heels when the other team fires off the ball. We need to dig in and be ready! And when the other team is "moving" the ball between the tackles, switch from the 3-5 to the 4-3 to help jam up that middle. But, what do I know??

Bottom line - - - - If we keep doing what we have been doing all season we will certainly go all the way to Campbell Co. for another butt kicking (ours).

I hope I'm wrong.

SH had better be more disciplined at CC than they are at home. You even fart on the line and you'll get a unsportsman like. Usually just when CC needs it. Blocks in the back, face masks, late hits, etc... like last week and SH loses. If they play a clean game SH will win. And I hope they do in a big way!!!!!

SH 28

CC 14

I dont look for any changes on offense (same ole, same ole). Hey coach Smith "what ever happen to the heavy offense" with Hamilton and Trent as full backs??

Our defense and special teams have been for the most part good all season. I wish our coaches would make adjustments when we need them according to what is being thrown at us on the field. I am not a fan of the dancing defense. Many times we find ourselves (during our dance) on our heels when the other team fires off the ball. We need to dig in and be ready! And when the other team is "moving" the ball between the tackles, switch from the 3-5 to the 4-3 to help jam up that middle. But, what do I know??

Bottom line - - - - If we keep doing what we have been doing all season we will certainly go all the way to Campbell Co. for another butt kicking (ours).

I hope I'm wrong.

I hope SHHS wins, They should win, but I don't know if they will win. Your right Hill, there is a lot a gimmicks going on. Most respectfully Coach Smith, Doff the non FB hat, it is a gimmick. On defense there is a sound reason for DL stances and they can move around from that stance just as well. And the offense, well more hype than Gimmick. Good luck Toppers. I don't care what sport you play, there is a lot to how you look and line up. It gets a little more respect. You still have to fire off the ball and knock someone on their keister. But right now I think a lot of people aren't taking the Hill serious. Sat with the Viking crowd and they were laughing at our head coach' appearence. On the board many (Vikings) won't admit to it, but they wondered how they were in the game. (they feel pretty good about themselves now).

We must beat Cambell County (for coach since he considers himself a word smith, no pun intended) or this team will discombobulate.

5A FBall is a man's league, You have to play and look the part.

Coach Smith's mindset is the pass. We quit frankly don't really have a good passing QB. There is a freshman coming up that reminds me a lot of Curt Phillips (I know that is pretty high regard, but he is very good). And if the one backset isn't getting it done then we MUST go to a two or three backset.

It is just frustrating to know of the athletes on the team and some of them not being used on both sides of the ball. (everyone else does)

And if we use our best athletes and we get beat, well then we get beat and that is that. (we will complain about the play calling - - lol)

SHHS's backs are against the wall now, so lets see what this team and coaching staff is made of.

Coach Smith is a huge disappointment. He has lost 2 games for us this year already;

I hope I'm wrong.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Science Hill? Campbell County? You tell me.

Coach Smith used the heavy offense alot in the spring and summer, it seemed to work well. Why he trashed it who knows. He could certainly use Trent and Hamilton as 2 additional offensive linemen at full back. heck put them in when Hill is at quarterback and see who can take the ball from us running the ball. We have wasted 75% of our season with Sharp--he can't throw it well enough and we don't have enough dependable receivers--by the way where's Javin Joslin coach? He can do more with the ball then Ashlon.

Coach Smith has made some crazy-river boat gambler decisions--why call timeout against Tn High with 34 seconds to go until overtime and then try to block the kick? Why not kick a field goal against Tn High late in the game? Smith told h Tri city sports.com boys the first kick was an adventure--go back and watch the first field goal it was strong and straight!

Why go for 4th and 2 on Jeff county with less then 4 minutes left till halftime and your up 14-- zip--plus you have the conference leading punter and the defense had held them down well up to that point. Our defense could take smith to court for lack of support. Why go for 4th and 3 in the 4th quarter against Jeff County?

Why does he say every week we need to simplify our offense--it looks simple from the bleachers. Our offense has got worse every week! Blame starts at the top!

Coach Smith used the heavy offense alot in the spring and summer, it seemed to work well. Why he trashed it who knows. He could certainly use Trent and Hamilton as 2 additional offensive linemen at full back. heck put them in when Hill is at quarterback and see who can take the ball from us running the ball. We have wasted 75% of our season with Sharp--he can't throw it well enough and we don't have enough dependable receivers--by the way where's Javin Joslin coach? He can do more with the ball then Ashlon.

Coach Smith has made some crazy-river boat gambler decisions--why call timeout against Tn High with 34 seconds to go until overtime and then try to block the kick? Why not kick a field goal against Tn High late in the game? Smith told h Tri city sports.com boys the first kick was an adventure--go back and watch the first field goal it was strong and straight!

Why go for 4th and 2 on Jeff county with less then 4 minutes left till halftime and your up 14-- zip--plus you have the conference leading punter and the defense had held them down well up to that point. Our defense could take smith to court for lack of support. Why go for 4th and 3 in the 4th quarter against Jeff County?

Why does he say every week we need to simplify our offense--it looks simple from the bleachers. Our offense has got worse every week! Blame starts at the top!

Maybe Gilligan is hard to talk to,sitting upon that white horse that he rode in on! 5A is a little harder than 1A.Just ask ole topvol98, he has all the answers.

Coach Smith's mindset is the pass. We quit frankly don't really have a good passing QB. There is a freshman coming up that reminds me a lot of Curt Phillips (I know that is pretty high regard, but he is very good). And if the one backset isn't getting it done then we MUST go to a two or three backset.

It is just frustrating to know of the athletes on the team and some of them not being used on both sides of the ball. (everyone else does)

And if we use our best athletes and we get beat, well then we get beat and that is that. (we will complain about the play calling - - lol)

SHHS's backs are against the wall now, so lets see what this team and coaching staff is made of.

The reality is that the Science Hill offense is no better after week 7 than in week one. No personel adjustments. The reality is that Coach Smith cannot come to grips with the fact that he doesn't have the players to run the system he wants to. It appears that the system is more important to him than wins. The reality is that his platoon system does not let Science Hill keep all of its best players on the field at one time putting them at a disadvantage. The platoon system came into being because at the South game SHHS cramped because they were so poorly conditioned prior to the season. The reality is Coach Smith probably doesn't have the capacity to change. And the worst part of all is that the Seniors have seen their chance for a strong season go up in smoke for reasons largely not of their own making. Pray for a miracle turn-around. Hang in there Toppers!