Jefferson County @ Sevier County

Warlock

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with sportsbud, we win the turnover battle we win the game. And by win I mean 1 turnover or less, none would be great but things happen. We win the turnover battle 4-3 we still could lose based on when and where the turnovers happen. RB's need to keep the ball high and tight, QB's needs to know where the pitchman is and keep the ball where our WR's can catch the ball. Its down to the nitty gritty part of the season where mistakes are magnified, these two weeks separate the good teams from the bad ones, and good teams don`t turn the ball over on a regular basis. There is no reason to be nervous about this game, and the chances that await with a win, this is the type of game you live for if you're a competitor. I would say that I hate to put this much pressure on one game, but the truth is when we win(yes I did say when) this is the same win or go home situation we`ll be in come playoff time.

Time for the Pats to get back where we belong

JC-21

SC-10

we have to come out and play 4 quarters. i have yet to see us put together a complete game. when we do, we will be a different team on a different level. we caught the breaks we needed vs Science Hill... teams dont always get all the breaks though. science hill was a great win and its importance cannot be diminished but it was handed to us. sevier co is a tough place to play (as was stated earlier, the field takes getting used to--important to have a good warmup!!), but we have a little momentum going and, i believe, have the better team. just have to go out and play hard for 4 quarters and continue to eliminate mistakes.

Congrats to the Patriots and also a "Big Thank You" for officially putting this dog of a season to bed. It would have been beyond embarrassing for a program like Sevier County and their losing record to be allowed to participate in the post season. The magnitude of the beat down that Farragut and a running back like Sterling would have administered to us would have literally taken years for the program to recover from.

Great wins Pats, 36-35 OT!! How big were those nads?

Actually your coach was just playing the percentages. The way your line and running backs were gashing our defense the whole night the odds were actually higher that your holder would fumble the snap or your kicker would miss the extra point then those of your fullback not making three yards.

Actually your coach was just playing the percentages. The way your line and running backs were gashing our defense the whole night the odds were actually higher that your holder would fumble the snap or your kicker would miss the extra point then those of your fullback not making three yards.

There that old fashioned Smokey Bear confidence again.

Great win for Gut and the boys, I was listening to the game, when they said we were going for it I knew we would get it. This is a win we can look back to for a long time. No matter how the game was going it still took Gut guts to go for it. We did blow a 14 point 4th quarter lead after all, and he still had the confidence to win it. I love it.

Go Patriots, this was a huuuge win and its the first step in getting the program where it needs to be.

Tough tough call to make, but with the situation I think it was the right one(win or lose). Sevier County pretty much had all the momentum at that point, with the way SC just walked into the endzone on their 1st series, and the way we pretty much had our way on offense throughout the game I don`t blame Coach Anderson for going for it. Expected something a big more creative for a play that probably decided the season, but it worked. I know this, its a good thing SC found the spread late and not early, I was surprised they waited so long to get he ball to #11, he was open most of the night. Zack Long made several impressive throws, hopefully thats ground for us to throw more. Very good to see us take better care of the football than we have been in the past, need to keep it up.

With 2 weeks to prepare for Bearden, we need to get some guys healthy and hopefully put together a good plan of attack. Going to be very tough for us to NOT make the playoffs with this win, but there still is a lot to play for. We win there's no chance we don`t make it, and may just may get to host a playoff game.

Going to be very tough for us to NOT make the playoffs with this win, but there still is a lot to play for. We win there's no chance we don`t make it, and may just may get to host a playoff game.

Correction after looking at the standings I believe we clinched because Campbell Co beat S.Hill