Jefferson County @ Sevier County

Warlock

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough tough call to make, but with the situation I think it was the right one(win or lose). Sevier County pretty much had all the momentum at that point, with the way SC just walked into the endzone on their 1st series, and the way we pretty much had our way on offense throughout the game I don`t blame Coach Anderson for going for it. Expected something a big more creative for a play that probably decided the season, but it worked. I know this, its a good thing SC found the spread late and not early, I was surprised they waited so long to get he ball to #11, he was open most of the night. Zack Long made several impressive throws, hopefully thats ground for us to throw more. Very good to see us take better care of the football than we have been in the past, need to keep it up.

With 2 weeks to prepare for Bearden, we need to get some guys healthy and hopefully put together a good plan of attack. Going to be very tough for us to NOT make the playoffs with this win, but there still is a lot to play for. We win there's no chance we don`t make it, and may just may get to host a playoff game.

Secondary still needs work. Middle of the field was open all night. The SC TE dropped 3 balls in the middle. How long is Ben Moore out?

Congrats Patriots.

With a game or two left, does the play off picture look like this off the top of my head?

1)Beardan

2)DB

3) Cambell Co. ?

4) Jeff Co. ? Head to head

Those will more than likely be the teams, but a lot can happen to change the order

Secondary still needs work. Middle of the field was open all night. The SC TE dropped 3 balls in the middle.

I still think it has more to do with how to defend certain plays, although guys did get beat 1 on 1, but there should be guys to cover the guys that could get beat. We looked absolutely confused for most of the time when SC came out with 4 WR, on one play a LB and a safety went out to cover the same guy, then the safety had to sprint to the other side of the field but the ball was snapped before he made it over. We have to work on the communication in the secondary and between the secondary and the LB's. Also our guys play WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too far off of the WR's, like I hope our offense will do when CB's play that far off the ball the stop route will get 5yds every play. I mean I understand we play that far off because our safeties are usually matched up on someone(which takes me back to how we line up) but its pick your poison with the way we play, either they go over the top or pick us apart short.

Those will more than likely be the teams, but a lot can happen to change the order

I still think it has more to do with how to defend certain plays, although guys did get beat 1 on 1, but there should be guys to cover the guys that could get beat. We looked absolutely confused for most of the time when SC came out with 4 WR, on one play a LB and a safety went out to cover the same guy, then the safety had to sprint to the other side of the field but the ball was snapped before he made it over. We have to work on the communication in the secondary and between the secondary and the LB's. Also our guys play WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too far off of the WR's, like I hope our offense will do when CB's play that far off the ball the stop route will get 5yds every play. I mean I understand we play that far off because our safeties are usually matched up on someone(which takes me back to how we line up) but its pick your poison with the way we play, either they go over the top or pick us apart short.

our secondary is definately the weak link. and i know that we got mixed up a lot on coverage. however, thats coaching and nothing else. poor job getting the D prepared for what SC might throw at us. they have spread it out for years and i find it hard to believe the D got coached up on that this week then just forgot what they were doing during the game. i disagree with you a little though JC4. if a qb can pick us apart with quick hitters, i will let him. we dont have the athletes to play bump and run. if the qb completes 25 passes on the stop route and slants and beats us then so be it. i do see your point though, we play so far off the WR have tons of time to set up moves, so the deep ball is an option too. hitch and goes will kill us b/c our corners have to run 10 yards to cover that fake... and once they start upfield, its over if the qb can place a decent throw. as a former guy who caught passes in HS and college, you dream of playing secondaries like ours.

back to the UT game... speaking of bad secondaries......

and it wasn't a gutsy call by gut (sorry, it was too easy). always go for a win on the road. dont get me wrong, it was a huge play for us. win, we are probably in. lose, definately not. but you are always supposed to go for the win on the road. that mantra has gone away to a certain extent in the last decade with the OT being introduced in college. but SC had the momentum. i would rather not play back and forth with a team like that. good call, easy call.

our secondary is definately the weak link. and i know that we got mixed up a lot on coverage. however, thats coaching and nothing else. poor job getting the D prepared for what SC might throw at us. they have spread it out for years and i find it hard to believe the D got coached up on that this week then just forgot what they were doing during the game. i disagree with you a little though JC4. if a qb can pick us apart with quick hitters, i will let him. we dont have the athletes to play bump and run. if the qb completes 25 passes on the stop route and slants and beats us then so be it. i do see your point though, we play so far off the WR have tons of time to set up moves, so the deep ball is an option too. hitch and goes will kill us b/c our corners have to run 10 yards to cover that fake... and once they start upfield, its over if the qb can place a decent throw. as a former guy who caught passes in HS and college, you dream of playing secondaries like ours.

I agree with you about the bump and run, but I think we can handle a 5yd cushion. As of now we play 7-10 plus backpedal at the snap.

How will off week help injury situation? Ben Moore going to be back?

If Moore is healthy, would you take McFall out or have Moore share snaps with Steele? McFall has made some plays that Steele and Moore wouldn't have. IMO

Almost every team we have played has had their best passing game of the year. Something will have to change against Bearden.

If Moore is healthy, would you take McFall out or have Moore share snaps with Steele? McFall has made some plays that Steele and Moore wouldn't have. IMO

Almost every team we have played has had their best passing game of the year. Something will have to change against Bearden.

Rotating players is never a bad thing, personally I think we're playing with fire having McFall play every single snap on offense and defense, plus kick and punt return. I agree with you that McFall is the best guy we have in the secondary(I've thought CB was his most natural position from the start) so I can`t see us not having him there. I know it may sound crazy but I would cut down on his plays at RB more than anywhere else. For the past two pre seasons I`ve seen the backup RB make some plays only to never see him once the season starts. Not that I`m saying that McFall shouldn`t be the starter, but a fresh McFall does the whole team good, plus builds some depth should anything happen to him down the road.

you didn't play in college, stop lying