Jefferson County @ Sevier County

Warlock

Rotating players is never a bad thing, personally I think we're playing with fire having McFall play every single snap on offense and defense, plus kick and punt return. I agree with you that McFall is the best guy we have in the secondary(I've thought CB was his most natural position from the start) so I can`t see us not having him there. I know it may sound crazy but I would cut down on his plays at RB more than anywhere else. For the past two pre seasons I`ve seen the backup RB make some plays only to never see him once the season starts. Not that I`m saying that McFall shouldn`t be the starter, but a fresh McFall does the whole team good, plus builds some depth should anything happen to him down the road.

I could agree somewhat if we played press coverage that required physical athletic ability. But when we play as soft as we do, I don't think you take carries away to play the soft coverage that has become our trademark. Besides, everybody kicks away and thus he hardly returns any Kickoffs and not many punts.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could agree somewhat if we played press coverage that required physical athletic ability. But when we play as soft as we do, I don't think you take carries away to play the soft coverage that has become our trademark. Besides, everybody kicks away and thus he hardly returns any Kickoffs and not many punts.

That soft coverage requires tackles(which increases the risk of injury) because we're rarely in position to break passes up. We can debate which takes more out of you covering a guy down the field or tackling a guy over and over till we`re both blue in the face. Whether they kick to him or not thats still time he's not resting and time that increases the risk of injury.

One last comment about the game, the stop and go play we tried to complete normally works better when you`ve previously completed a few stop plays prior to running a stop and go.

Just a suggestion

We did complete a few stop plays to set it up..(Stalk/run blocking)..(do it every snap)..That is what the action appeared to be based off of..And it was open..

Listened to the replay of the game on Saturday, sounds like a dog fight to the end. Yeah McFall needs to stay on D if he can. We're giving up to much on the pass plays. Moore is a great return guy. Why not use him there? Glad to hear the team didn't get rattled by the refs and the bears trash talking. Bearden game should be interesting.