station camp

wideright00

At 8-0 they are rolling for the second straight year BUT let's not forget that last year all of this "best in 3A" talk began around this time as well.

THEN...............................................

A home loss in week ten to Pearl Cohn cost them the region title. A first round matchup against Howard was very close and SC was fortunate to escape that one with a win. The following week the Bison were ousted by Sycamore in convincing fashion.

Station Camp still has trips to White House & Pearl Cohn remaining on their schedule. If they are fortunate enough to get past those two games without a loss, which is unlikely, then they will probably have to beat them both again in the second and third rounds of the playoffs respectively.

IF THAT ISN'T TOUGH ENOUGH THEN.............

This would be the semifinal round and Station Camp would have to travel to Knoxville. Their opponent would be one of three likely foes and all of them are very good. Fulton has won it all three of the last four years. Catholic has gone perfect each of the last two years for 12 weeks before losing both times in the quarters. Austin East is talented and they won it all in '01 and are hungry to get back.

AND IF STATION CAMP IS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO MAKE IT TO THE BORO.........................

The opponent in the Blue Cross Bowl from the West half of the playoff bracket will be a great team no doubt about it. David Lipscomb is no slouch as they are rolling as usual and making it to the state title game every year except for one season since the '02 season has them among the best in any classification in this state. Dyersburg is very talented and returns a great core from last year's semifinal bunch and the Trojans are hungry to break through and get to the Boro. Other possibilities include Giles Co., Marshall Co., Fayette Ware, Jackson South Side, & Haywood.

IN OTHER WORDS, IT IS WAY TOO EARLY TO START THIS TYPE OF HYPE NOT ONLY FOR STATION CAMP BUT ALSO FOR ANYONE IN CLASS 3A!!!!!!!!!!

as good as we are, we can't claim best in 3a yet. There'd still the team that comes out of Region 2-3a(always strong), and David Lipscomb. We also have to get past the remainder of our region schedule, which is @ White House and @ Pearl-Cohn, both huge tests before the playoffs.

We are one of the top teams in Mid-State 3a, and possibly the whole state. But as for the best, only time can tell.

GO BISON! Just take it 1 game at a time.

At the start of the season, I thought if Station Camp even had a winning record, coach Hollingsworth would be Coach of the Year in the region. They were fortunate to win the Hendersonville and Beech games. Sycamore didn't live up to expectations. I thought those three would be losses for sure.

That said, confidence is growing weekly at The Camp. What it lacks in size, it makes up for with quickness. The defense creates chaos and the offense can make big plays at any time. I'm not going to get into the debate about if they're better than WH or Fulton or anyone else, but I'm not going to count them out at any time. I did that early and I was wrong.

The only real negative right now is the loss of Richard Baily. So far, the running game hasn't skipped a beat, but that could change with the two remaining big games in the regular season, plus the playoffs. I think they'll miss his ability to hit the initial holes and his big play capability. But regardless of how SC stacks up against anyone on paper, this team thinks it can compete against anyone out there. I'll not bet against them.

At 8-0 they are rolling for the second straight year BUT let's not forget that last year all of this "best in 3A" talk began around this time as well.

A home loss in week ten to Pearl Cohn cost them the region title. A first round matchup against Howard was very close and SC was fortunate to escape that one with a win. The following week the Bison were ousted by Sycamore in convincing fashion.

Station Camp still has trips to White House & Pearl Cohn remaining on their schedule. If they are fortunate enough to get past those two games without a loss, which is unlikely, then they will probably have to beat them both again in the second and third rounds of the playoffs respectively.

This would be the semifinal round and Station Camp would have to travel to Knoxville. Their opponent would be one of three likely foes and all of them are very good. Fulton has won it all three of the last four years. Catholic has gone perfect each of the last two years for 12 weeks before losing both times in the quarters. Austin East is talented and they won it all in '01 and are hungry to get back.

AND IF STATION CAMP IS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO MAKE IT TO THE BORO.........................

The opponent in the Blue Cross Bowl from the West half of the playoff bracket will be a great team no doubt about it. David Lipscomb is no slouch as they are rolling as usual and making it to the state title game every year except for one season since the '02 season has them among the best in any classification in this state. Dyersburg is very talented and returns a great core from last year's semifinal bunch and the Trojans are hungry to break through and get to the Boro. Other possibilities include Giles Co., Marshall Co., Fayette Ware, Jackson South Side, & Haywood.

IN OTHER WORDS, IT IS WAY TOO EARLY TO START THIS TYPE OF HYPE NOT ONLY FOR STATION CAMP BUT ALSO FOR ANYONE IN CLASS 3A!!!!!!!!!!

All great points BC, I feel that SC's speed and quickness matches up really well w/ WH and will make it very hard for them to score so 2-3 TDs should be enough to win this game. I personally think they can pull it off in what should be a pretty good game.

PC on the other hand matches up very well w/ SC's speed and quickness as well as athletic ability. PC has the potential to put a few points on the board but if SC's defense holds up the way it has this season then they should pull this 1 off as well. I also think that they will somehow pull this game out as well.

In the play-offs SC will be hard pressed to beat WH or PC for a 2nd time and much less both, I would bet against it. However, if 1 team stumbles and they do make it through the 1st few rounds they will meet 1 of the big 3 in the east as previously stated by BC, which by no means will be an easy game.

Finally, if they are fortunate enough to get to the finals I believe it will be either Dyersburg or DL which once again would be a very hard game to win.

Bottom line whoever ends up winning the 3A state title will have earned it more so this year than in recent years IMO.

I agree it's early to predict a 3a champ but why crush a dream or dampen a hope? All teams entering the playoffs are in it to win it. If they aren't confident then it will be a short dance. Can 8-0 Station Camp or a 5-5 team (Livingston Ac.) win it? Yes. Go Bison!!